NFL 2022

They do, but I understand they’re a necessary evil to pay the bills- especially with these insane TV deals. That said, my issue is more with the timing of these commercials. Cutting to a commercial when there is a pending replay that for all intents and purposes determined the outcome of the game, is just plain BS! At the very least why can’t they do a split screen? Have half commercial and the other half show replays.
I like the split screen, other sports have done that.
I understand your frustration ... the timing sux, I would imagine that in many cases, they are required to have X amount of commercials in a time frame thru out the game and need to get them in ... also, they presume that the commercial will be over by the time the Replay people are done looking at it ...

What sucks worse is if your IN the Stands waiting for Commercials to be done .... particularly in a game like last night, where weather was an issue late in the game.

Reactions: BillD1984
Sick and tired of these networks going to commercial break when there’s a HUGE replay to determine a play. Before they went to commercial, the ruling on the field was Josh Allen fumbled the 2 point conversion before he crossed the goal line. In real time I was 90% sure that Allen crossed the goal line before the fumble. Not surprisingly NFLN goes to commercial instead of showing replays. Pisses me off!!
Yes! In the Shoutbox on the Bills forum I post on, we were losing our minds wondering if he crossed or not and the Network not showing a replay until after the call was reversed, during the break.

Reactions: BillD1984
Yes! In the Shoutbox on the Bills forum I post on, we were losing our minds wondering if he crossed or not and the Network not showing a replay until after the call was reversed, during the break.

Yep, it happens all the time and it pisses me off!! Many times (this is especially true with CBS) they’re not back from commercial before the ref announces the replay decision.

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat

Any time you play soft prevent defense you deserve to lose- questionable call or not. The Patriots defense was dominating in the second half and then went to soft prevent. And that lateral 15 yards back when your slow footed QB is the only line of defense?? Another sign of poor coaching. I thought that “Miracle in Miami” debacle 4 years ago with Gronk in to defend a 70 yard Hail Mary was bad, but this takes the cake.

Reactions: Yespage
Any time you play soft prevent defense you deserve to lose- questionable call or not. The Patriots defense was dominating in the second half and then went to soft prevent. And that lateral 15 yards back when your slow footed QB is the only line of defense?? Another sign of poor coaching. I thought that “Miracle in Miami” debacle 4 years ago with Gronk in to defend a 70 yard Hail Mary was bad, but this takes the cake.

Everyone knows there’s no need for those laterals when the game is tied. If they were losing, that’s a different story. The fact that they would attempt it is a huge black eye to the league….

Reactions: Jimbo and BillD1984
Everyone knows there’s no need for those laterals when the game is tied. If they were losing, that’s a different story. The fact that they would attempt it is a huge black eye to the league….

My bad Cosmo, the link you posted didn’t work so I was assuming the fixed part you were referencing was the call in the end zone. I went to Adam Schefter’s Twitter page and saw that people are talking about the lateral play. I actually don’t blame people for thinking that. I think you’re coached in Pop Warner that it’s not a great idea to lateral the ball 15 yards back in a TIE game. Either way, my point remains about that questionable TD call. You deserve to lose when you go to a soft prevent defense. Absolute pitiful coaching all the way around!!

Reactions: Jimbo
Patriots setting offensive football back decades. Can't believe I was there to see that in person. Was the only time the entire stadium was up and roaring, both sides shrieking in disbelieve or exasperation at the stupidity of that play to lose / win the game.

Patriots setting offensive football back decades. Can't believe I was there to see that in person. Was the only time the entire stadium was up and roaring, both sides shrieking in disbelieve or exasperation at the stupidity of that play to lose / win the game.

I would demand a refund. That was an awful product.

It was amazing to experience, was worth every penny, lol.

The environment was kinda wild, felt like 50/50 Pats/Raiders fans, making it almost always loud for every notable play or call for either side.

Props to Meyers for being accountable, but this was all on coaching. If they were running it out that should have been clear in the huddle. "(play call), if something great happens we roll with it, otherwise protect it and we got OT to play"

View: https://twitter.com/ByChrisMason/status/1604640851300212736

Reactions: BillD1984 and Jimbo
It was amazing to experience, was worth every penny, lol.

The environment was kinda wild, felt like 50/50 Pats/Raiders fans, making it almost always loud for every notable play or call for either side.

Props to Meyers for being accountable, but this was all on coaching. If they were running it out that should have been clear in the huddle. "(play call), if something great happens we roll with it, otherwise protect it and we got OT to play"

View: https://twitter.com/ByChrisMason/status/1604640851300212736

Thank you!! Yes, absolutely on the coaching!! Inexcusable that wasn’t covered in the huddle.

Looking ahead to the Week 17 schedule, the NFL has until Tuesday at 4:00 ET to decide on any schedule changes. As of right now Rams vs. Chargers is scheduled for the SNF game on New Year’s Night. It would seem unlikely to stay there, that is until you see the alternatives. Dolphins-Patriots would have more than likely been flexed in before the epic Patriots meltdown this afternoon. Besides, I don’t think the NFL wants to show their dysfunctional act in prime time again. That leaves Jets-Seahawks. Both teams would appear to be still alive regardless of next weekend’s results, but considering how both teams have been playing lately it’s not exactly a sexy matchup. Looking at the schedule, there really isn’t much else. One thing is certain, ESPN and MNF finally caught a break with the scheduling Gods. They have a great matchup- Bills at Bengals. That game could ultimately determine the AFC #1 seed (don’t forget both the Bills and Bengals already beat the Chiefs head to head). If I were to guess, I think the NFL will roll with Rams-Chargers on SNF and keep the rest of the schedule status quo.

Wow ...
Washington just got screwed.
Should be 1st and 10 at the 1 yard line ... CLEAR PI on the 4th down play.

Will that play and lack of call cost them a Playoff spot ??

Looking ahead to the Week 17 schedule, the NFL has until Tuesday at 4:00 ET to decide on any schedule changes. As of right now Rams vs. Chargers is scheduled for the SNF game on New Year’s Night. It would seem unlikely to stay there, that is until you see the alternatives. Dolphins-Patriots would have more than likely been flexed in before the epic Patriots meltdown this afternoon. Besides, I don’t think the NFL wants to show their dysfunctional act in prime time again. That leaves Jets-Seahawks. Both teams would appear to be still alive regardless of next weekend’s results, but considering how both teams have been playing lately it’s not exactly a sexy matchup. Looking at the schedule, there really isn’t much else. One thing is certain, ESPN and MNF finally caught a break with the scheduling Gods. They have a great matchup- Bills at Bengals. That game could ultimately determine the AFC #1 seed (don’t forget both the Bills and Bengals already beat the Chiefs head to head). If I were to guess, I think the NFL will roll with Rams-Chargers on SNF and keep the rest of the schedule status quo.
Can they just Move ANY game they decide ?

Detroit vs Carolina should get the Flex game, its the 1st time Detroit can make the Playoffs in Lightyears. (without backing in.)

I Think if Detroit beats Carolina, while the 49er's take care of Washington, that should put Detroit In. Unless OTHER things happen.

Can they just Move ANY game they decide ?

Detroit vs Carolina should get the Flex game, its the 1st time Detroit can make the Playoffs in Lightyears. (without backing in.)

I Think if Detroit beats Carolina, while the 49er's take care of Washington, that should put Detroit In. Unless OTHER things happen.

That’s next week’s schedule, I’m talking about the Week 17 (New Year’s weekend) schedule. This upcoming weekends nationally televised games can’t be flexed because of the Christmas holiday. Raiders-Steelers on Christmas Eve and Packers-Dolphins, Broncos-Rams, Buccaneers-Cardinals on Christmas Day were all set in stone.

That’s next week’s schedule, I’m talking about the Week 17 (New Year’s weekend) schedule. This upcoming weekends nationally televised games can’t be flexed because of the Christmas holiday. Raiders-Steelers on Christmas Eve and Packers-Dolphins, Broncos-Rams, Buccaneers-Cardinals on Christmas Day were all set in stone.
Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

I didn't see what week you were talking about, but I didn't see any of Those match ups !

Fwiw, there are NO games with a time slot for the Last week.

Gotta be hell on all the people that would like to go to the game, not knowing what time the game is this late in the year.

Last edited:
I’m not sold he is terrible. He seems capable of throwing the ball, but the play calling is usually short, short, short.