NFL 2022

Steelers have been criticized for thier dunk and dink 2 yard offense in the last 3-5 years ... however, I think its happening on Every team, unfortunately ...

Anymore what use to be a nice 10 yard down field Crossing route has turned into a QB drops gets ball in Shotgun, 7 yards deep, takes snap, drops another 3-4 yards, then throw it to 3-4 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage and Hope the recvr can gain yardage ... hardly a 10 yard crossing route any more.

Lot of that is because O lines are not consistently making a pocket, other times its just the offense they want .... not Me.

Reactions: Radioguy41
Patriots setting offensive football back decades. Can't believe I was there to see that in person. Was the only time the entire stadium was up and roaring, both sides shrieking in disbelieve or exasperation at the stupidity of that play to lose / win the game.
Andreline got into the RB's head. What was supposed to kill the clock actually became a viable chance to score, which was then swallowed up... and he made a bad idea. Then the guy he pitched it to had an even worse idea.

But I had to laugh. Granted, I was watching the condensed version of the game, which made it easier to laugh. Can't imagine watching a 3 hour game with a boatload of commercials to see a game that was heading into OT be literally given to the Raiders.

Props though to Raiders player who got the ball and didn't instinctively drop down to kill the play, and remembered the score and that the Patriots QB isn't a good tackler... by punter standards (Monty Burns standards?).

Perhaps if not for a glorious World Cup Final, I wouldn't feel so forgiving, but that was such a ridiculous way to lose, that one (even a Patriots fan) has to just laugh. I mean, that might cost the Pats an appearance in the playoffs, but if you gotta lose, why not make it memorable? :D

Reactions: Foxbat and AZ.
I’m not sold he is terrible. He seems capable of throwing the ball, but the play calling is usually short, short, short.
You’re not sold on him being terrible because you are a New England Patriots fan but the rest of the country knows he is never gonna be anything special. He is a middle of the road quarterback at best

You’re not sold on him being terrible because you are a New England Patriots fan but the rest of the country knows he is never gonna be anything special. He is a middle of the road quarterback at best
Well, you don't seem to be sold on him being "terrible" if you say he might be "middle of the road". I can easily see "middle of the road". He has moments of Brett Favre, then negating moments of Brett Favre. And then the play calling has been not the best, as I shift more and more to BillD's position on the coaching situation. He is being forced to throw short, throw short, throw short. Getting good passing yardage passing the ball to a receiver behind the line of scrimmage for half one's throws is hard. And he has shown he can get balls into places at a medium distance. As a reminder, Tom Brady wasn't a big deep ball thrower either (no I'm not saying Jones is Brady!).

Jones has shown potential, but he has shown limitations too. Where he actually stands as a QB isn't exactly known, other than being a pretty bad tackler by dead people standards. I think we have a good idea as to the limits of his skill, but he isn't Ryan Leaf or Johnny Manziel.

Reactions: Jimbo
What kills me more than anything is after the controversial non reversal TD and then the abomination lateral play, no one around here (NE) is talking about that inept sequence at the end of the second quarter. The Patriots had the ball first and goal at the 1 yard line, and their joke of an offensive coaching staff called two shotgun/empty backfield plays. Also in that sequence was 2 timeouts (with the clock stopped!!!!!!!), an illegal procedure penalty, and a TD called back because Belichick used one of those TO’s pre-snap. Combine that, the brutal prevent defense on the Raiders tying TD drive, yet another blocked punt and that pre Pop Warner- esque lateral/hero ball, and you can see how poorly coached this team is. I’ve said it before, but Robert Kraft needs to step in NOW!!! Anyone with eyes can clearly see that the Patriots dynasty was more about Tom Brady than anything else.

0CD87205-CC63-49DE-81AA-917CE9FB2BEB.jpeg

Reactions: Radioguy41
Reactions: BillD1984
Well that is it for the Eagles. No way they can win a Super Bowl with a backup QB. *shifty eyes*

I think Hurts is going to be fine with a little rest, but if he isn’t think about this for a moment- an NFC Championship Game featuring Gardner Minshew and Brock Purdy. Not as far fetched as it was a couple of months ago.

I think it was last night, maybe this morning, but I heard that they feel Hurts injury isn't all that bad and he'll be back, needs some rest for it though, probably miss this week (but well see) possibly back next ???

I think it was last night, maybe this morning, but I heard that they feel Hurts injury isn't all that bad and he'll be back, needs some rest for it though, probably miss this week (but well see) possibly back next ???

They would be crazy to rush him back. They have a 2 game lead over the Vikings for the #1 seed with 3 games to play. They also hold the head to head tiebreaker over the Vikings. If the Eagles play their cards right, we may not be seeing Hurts play again until Divisional Weekend (Jan. 21-22). Maybe he plays a series or two in the final regular season game just to minimize rust?

They would be crazy to rush him back. They have a 2 game lead over the Vikings for the #1 seed with 3 games to play. They also hold the head to head tiebreaker over the Vikings. If the Eagles play their cards right, we may not be seeing Hurts play again until Divisional Weekend (Jan. 21-22). Maybe he plays a series or two in the final regular season game just to minimize rust?
I think that would be a BAD thing to do ..... take a Month off and come back in the Playoffs and expect to be sharp ... Unless its absolutely necessary .

Reactions: Yespage
I think that would be a BAD thing to do ..... take a Month off and come back in the Playoffs and expect to be sharp ... Unless its absolutely necessary .

What would be a “bad thing” to do? Play a series or two in the final regular season game? I agree hence the question mark

What would be a “bad thing” to do? Play a series or two in the final regular season game? I agree hence the question mark
I doubt that a series or two would be enough to get the rhythm back.
Then again, it the Giant they end with, so if he plays maybe a half and looks good, then I'd rest him.
Thats like Starting over after a month off.

College teams have struggled with it for years at least in the first half of thier games after 3 weeks off.

I just heard that a little while ago and it shocked me. I couldn’t believe that his number wasn’t already retired. He’s one of the all time greats.

Yeah, the Steelers are frugal when it comes to retiring numbers for some reason.

Harris' Number '32' has not been issued by the Steelers since his last season in Pittsburgh in 1982. The Steelers now have three jersey numbers retired, including Ernie Stautner (#70) and Joe Greene (#75).

Yeah, the Steelers are frugal when it comes to retiring numbers for some reason.

Harris' Number '32' has not been issued by the Steelers since his last season in Pittsburgh in 1982. The Steelers now have three jersey numbers retired, including Ernie Stautner (#70) and Joe Greene (#75).

Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Mike Webster and Lynn Swann aren’t retired either??!! Yeesh, I guess they are frugal in the numbers retired department.

Even though it’s technically being done posthumously, at least Franco knew that his number was getting retired.