NFL 2022

There was a similar situation today with a Purdue player during the Citrus Bowl. That had a better outcome even though the player was taken off the field on a Gator with his head immobilized. He gave a thumbs up as he was being moved.

This incident with Damar Hamlin is another level. He got up after the tackle under his own power, then collapsed backwards.

Prayers for his full recovery.

• Love
Reactions: AZ. and dfergie
Sounds like he had a heart attack on the field.
A report from a local fox station in Cincy put out a tweet that he had a pulse on the way to the ER but was not breathing on his own. He had been administered CPR and AED procedures on the field. It must be a very serious spine injury high up on the spine or neck.

A report from a local fox station in Cincy put out a tweet that he had a pulse on the way to the ER but was not breathing on his own. He had been administered CPR and AED procedures on the field. It must be a very serious spine injury high up on the spine or neck.
This is the tweet I'm referencing. The AED is bad.

Reactions: HipKat
1672715416389.png

The game will be started over if they ever play it. I wonder what happens next weekend if he dies. Can the league play the weekend.
Lets Pray we don't have to go there.

IF it turns out hes OK in the next 24 hrs (usually the most critical), they may schedule the game on Wednesday or Thursday ... don't know.
IF they are able to do such a thing, I think they would continue the game with the score and time where it is.
IF that happens, they may have the Bills and Bengals games next week moved to Monday .

All speculation of course, just thinking what the league COULD do.

We'll all be praying for this young man to come thru and be able to continue his life.

Reactions: Foxbat
He's intubated, there's no 'he's OK!' anytime soon. He'll be better within the week or he won't be, sadly.

I think they reschedule the game to happen within the next 48 hours or it is cancelled entirely. Relatively unprecedented territory.

A lot of misplaced outrage, so many forget that if you blame Goodell then he's doing a good job - because you aren't blaming an owner. Between '5 minutes to get ready to play again !?' and the time it took to actually call the game, so much nonsense as people strive to cope.

He's intubated, there's no 'he's OK!' anytime soon. He'll be better within the week or he won't be, sadly.

I think they reschedule the game to happen within the next 48 hours or it is cancelled entirely. Relatively unprecedented territory.

A lot of misplaced outrage, so many forget that if you blame Goodell then he's doing a good job - because you aren't blaming an owner. Between '5 minutes to get ready to play again !?' and the time it took to actually call the game, so much nonsense as people strive to cope.
As you probably saw, once they were told 5 minutes, the Coaches got together and said No .... and it takes time for the proper people to be on the phone to cancel a game .... I think much of the time, they may have been waiting to hear something, anything.

I do not fault them for waiting till they did to Cancel the game.

Fwiw, they obviously called the game before the TV people were told, at least enough to confirm .... since the Buffalo Sideline guys were out packing up equipment, at that point you knew for sure that the game had been called.

As you probably saw, once they were told 5 minutes, the Coaches got together and said No .... and it takes time for the proper people to be on the phone to cancel a game .... I think much of the time, they may have been waiting to hear something, anything.

I do not fault them for waiting till they did to Cancel the game.

Fwiw, they obviously called the game before the TV people were told, at least enough to confirm .... since the Buffalo Sideline guys were out packing up equipment, at that point you knew for sure that the game had been called.
No matter what, the players were not going back on that field tonight.

Question About MLB Subscription

Free MLB game streaming?