NFL 2022

The NFL will no doubt do well with yet another time slot. But really?

College has taken care of football fans on “Black Friday” for years, and many states are still playing high school playoffs then. Is this really necessary?

Reactions: dfergie and Jimbo
I dont watch college, looking forward to Friday football.
There should be No Friday football other than High School, till after all HS games are over.

The NFL is ruining football with thier games almost every day of the week.
I could understand with Covid when they tried to get games in each week when necessary ...

Now that they are not in Covid protical they should go back to Normal days for scheduling ...
If you look at Thursday night games for the NFL, most are dull games and not a high viewing day.
They Should go back to Sunday and Mondays ... only.

The value of the Sunday Ticket should be going Down in price, not up, when you consider that 30% of the games are on other than ST.

Correct, the max number of games is 16, meaning a max number of ST time slot games is 13, as TNF, SNF, and MNF each get a game. With this change on Thanksgiving week, the total number of in ST time slot is just ten, as we get 2 more day games on Thursday, and now a Friday game (certain to be two then three within a few years). Of which you would get 3 of the ST games anyway. Probably there won’t be more than 2 games in the late slot.

Red Zone, if that'll still exist will become a bit less interesting, if half of the games are on other nights. But right now, people will pay the NFL $10 million just to get some press. Nothing commands money like the NFL. The good news is this provides me a better opportunity to see the Patriots play, being out of market and all. The bad news? Well, if this impacts the NFL in any way that is bad, that doesn't impact me. But if the Pats aren't playing, I almost certainly won't be watching. If I want to watch a lot of commercials, I can watch a movie on AMC.

Currently 7 morning and 4 evening games Thanksgiving weekend, so nothing really unusual about Red Zone's format that weekend, at most the afternoon games would be thinned to 3 which isn't super uncommon in past seasons due to scheduling quirks.

Yespage Patriots at Vikings in is the evening game on Thanksgiving, so you're already covered.

Patriots RB, James White has announced his retirement. White had a great career with the Patriots winning 3 Super Bowls, and was a super clutch third down back.

Reactions: meStevo
Red Zone, if that'll still exist will become a bit less interesting, if half of the games are on other nights. But right now, people will pay the NFL $10 million just to get some press. Nothing commands money like the NFL. The good news is this provides me a better opportunity to see the Patriots play, being out of market and all. The bad news? Well, if this impacts the NFL in any way that is bad, that doesn't impact me. But if the Pats aren't playing, I almost certainly won't be watching. If I want to watch a lot of commercials, I can watch a movie on AMC.
It will exist, and Mr. Hanson is ready....

View: https://twitter.com/ScottHanson/status/1556329500547244032?s=20&t=Ove_dpbhf2j8GErdnBRf1Q

Currently 7 morning and 4 evening games Thanksgiving weekend, so nothing really unusual about Red Zone's format that weekend, at most the afternoon games would be thinned to 3 which isn't super uncommon in past seasons due to scheduling quirks.

Yespage Patriots at Vikings in is the evening game on Thanksgiving, so you're already covered.
Oh... one game, as in just one night. Yeah, that won't impact Redzone. I guess I get the uniqueness of "black" Friday.

I'm waiting for the NFL to start offering sponsorship rights to the individual letters in NFL.

Welcome to Dorito' N Delta F Ford L, Sunday Night Football.

What ?
Really ???

For the last 20 years, the Pats have been the Marquee 4 pm game for I'd take a guess and say at least 40%+ most weeks.

Does anyone know if you can download the NFL Network (which shows up as NFL) to a Roku or a Android TV ?

I think I have had it on the Roku previously, however, when I went to play it today on the Roku, it would not, kept going back to the beginning of the NFL screen.
Also use to have it on my Android, but it also isn't working .... it tells me to sign in, but doesn't leave me anywhere too log in.

Is there a PHONE NUMBER for Roku ?
Only thing I am finding is Chats and Just answer, which wants to Charge you to get a phone number, but I doubt that I'd actually get a number.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can download the NFL Network (which shows up as NFL) to a Roku or a Android TV ?

I think I have had it on the Roku previously, however, when I went to play it today on the Roku, it would not, kept going back to the beginning of the NFL screen.
Also use to have it on my Android, but it also isn't working .... it tells me to sign in, but doesn't leave me anywhere too log in.

Is there a PHONE NUMBER for Roku ?
Only thing I am finding is Chats and Just answer, which wants to Charge you to get a phone number, but I doubt that I'd actually get a number.

Reactions: Jimbo
Thanks for the link ....

Unfortunately, All of those options require a subscription ...
I was really hoping to download the Channel to the Roku and be able to watch it, without having to sub ...
I have a Directv account, but its not a typical App where I can d/l it and enter my D* credentials and it plays ...
It is part of my D* package, but I'd like to use it on my roku as well.
Although, I'm pretty sure you could last year.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
After Saturday games in week 1 of the Pre Season ... while watching the Steelers, I was pleasantly surprised with Steelers QB Kenny Picket's play in the 2nd half. Lots of energy and moved the ball well ...
Mitch Tribitsky looked decent as well, so as of right now, I think the Steelers are gonna be fine at QB ...
I expect Mason Rudoulph to be traded before camp is over ...
Yes, it was only week 1, but I'm pretty happy with it.

After Saturday games in week 1 of the Pre Season ... while watching the Steelers, I was pleasantly surprised with Steelers QB Kenny Picket's play in the 2nd half. Lots of energy and moved the ball well ...
Mitch Tribitsky looked decent as well, so as of right now, I think the Steelers are gonna be fine at QB ...
I expect Mason Rudoulph to be traded before camp is over ...
Yes, it was only week 1, but I'm pretty happy with it.
If Mitch becomes the starter I will lay bets you will pull your hair out!...Never seen a guy who can look so good and then make a huge mistake...He's got the tools, but not the clutch reaction needed for the NFL.