NFL 2022

If Mitch becomes the starter I will lay bets you will pull your hair out!...Never seen a guy who can look so good and then make a huge mistake...He's got the tools, but not the clutch reaction needed for the NFL.
Well see ...
If Mitch struggles, thats when they bring in Pickett.

Preseason football games are not usually very interesting, but tonight’s Panthers-Patriots game in Foxboro could be the exception to that rule. These two teams have been having joint practices this week in Foxboro, and several fights have broken out between the teams-including one that ended up on top of a woman spectator.

Preseason football games are not usually very interesting, but tonight’s Panthers-Patriots game in Foxboro could be the exception to that rule. These two teams have been having joint practices this week in Foxboro, and several fights have broken out between the teams-including one that ended up on top of a woman spectator.
It depends ... Who's gonna play ???
I usually watch the 1st half's unless theres a Rookie I want to specifically see play.

I'd Like to see New Orleans play, but thier games haven't been on Live at least that I've seen.
Ironically, thats the Only game NOT being shown today ... Why, who knows.

I’m assuming that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are making their MNF debut tonight? I think their successors at FOX-Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen- are going to be a very solid #1 crew. They are going right into the fire as this season is FOX turn to broadcast the Super Bowl.

Week 1:

Browns vs. Panthers (Baker Mayfield)

Seahawks vs. Broncos (Russell Wilson)

In what can only be chalked up as a strange coincidence, this will be the second year in a row that a Carolina QB will be making their Panthers debut against their former team. Last year it was Sam Darnold going up against the Jets in Week 1.

I’m assuming that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are making their MNF debut tonight? I think their successors at FOX-Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen- are going to be a very solid #1 crew. They are going right into the fire as this season is FOX turn to broadcast the Super Bowl.

Nope. It’s Levy, Orvlosky and Riddick again. Looks like Buck and Aikman will be making their ESPN debut Week 1 in Seattle.

Last edited:
You don't suppose those were intentional, do ya ?

Luck of the draw, ya right...

I believe the Mayfield trade occurred after the schedule release.

As for the week one timing, that’s just another reason why the NFL is the top sport in this country…..

Watching the pregame show for Amazon Prime Video with Charissa Thompson, Tony Gonzalez, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Richard Sherman. First of all, I had no idea that Fitz-Magic and Sherman retired, and also, so far Sherman sounds like a natural for this. Also looking forward to Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit on the call of the game.

I did watch some of the Pre Game show as well as part of the game ...

So far, so good ...

It seems kinda odd for Herbie to be doing the NFL ...

Only problem I had was when I wanted to flip from That game to the Other game on NFL Network or any other channel, going from D* to Streaming is a Pita ... you can no longer hit the Back or last channel button and expect to go between games .... when you go from regular TV to Streaming, you have to go back in and choose what you want to watch on Amazon Prime, which is expected and then go to Live, vs Starting Over ...

Going back is the same way, again, its because when you turn on a Streaming show, you have to Choose what you want to watch, VS Traditional TV where the program is there and playing as soon as you turn that channel on.

Herbie may get stretched a little thin as the year goes on. He is doing TNF then Game Day then a private jet to the 7PM ESPN game. That much travel and doing two games in two different levels of the sport is a lot.

I suspect when the Big 10 leaves ESPN, so will he.

I did watch some of the Pre Game show as well as part of the game ...

So far, so good ...

It seems kinda odd for Herbie to be doing the NFL ...

Only problem I had was when I wanted to flip from That game to the Other game on NFL Network or any other channel, going from D* to Streaming is a Pita ... you can no longer hit the Back or last channel button and expect to go between games .... when you go from regular TV to Streaming, you have to go back in and choose what you want to watch on Amazon Prime, which is expected and then go to Live, vs Starting Over ...

Going back is the same way, again, its because when you turn on a Streaming show, you have to Choose what you want to watch, VS Traditional TV where the program is there and playing as soon as you turn that channel on.

I thought the whole production was top notch. Announcers, picture quality, graphics, everything. However, I have to agree that watching it on a streaming service can be a pita. I cut the cable cord about 6 months ago, and Prime is one of the services that I’m a sub. I generally don’t watch anything else on Prime (my wife uses this app a lot). Last night I was going back and forth between the Prime app and the Fubo app (where NESN, MLBN and NFLN are). Going forward in the regular season won’t be much of an issue- I’ll have it on Prime for TNF (if the Red Sox are playing, oh well, they’re way out of the race anyway). But come the MLB postseason, that is going to be a real pita on Thursday nights. I’ll have to go back and forth between Prime, Fubo (ESPN, FOX, FS1) and/or Sling (TBS) depending on which network has that night’s game(s). All that said, I’m still very impressed with Prime’s NFL game presentation.

Reactions: Jimbo
Press ain't happy with the Patriots chances this year.
article said:
It's hard to feel good about the 2022 New England Patriots based on how they performed in the preseason.
Let's see... 6 Super Bowl wins, 9 Super Bowl appearances. Winner in the two best best Super Bowl finales ever. Pats could go winless until 3022, I'm fine, I feel real good. Thanks.

article said:
Head coach Bill Belichick set the bar relatively low Monday when asked how comfortable he is regarding the state of the team.

"I don't think you really know where your team is until you get to about midseason," Belichick said. "Mid-October, play five, six, seven games, match up against some different teams, see for real what your strengths and weaknesses are and your opponents as well."
So ummm... that's it? Belichick wasn't dancing on the table during a Q/A session? How well will they do this year? To be determined. The NFL has a lock on parity these days and it often is as much about the coaching systems lining up as it is about the player performance. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Press ain't happy with the Patriots chances this year.
Let's see... 6 Super Bowl wins, 9 Super Bowl appearances. Winner in the two best best Super Bowl finales ever. Pats could go winless until 3022, I'm fine, I feel real good. Thanks.

So ummm... that's it? Belichick wasn't dancing on the table during a Q/A session? How well will they do this year? To be determined. The NFL has a lock on parity these days and it often is as much about the coaching systems lining up as it is about the player performance. I'm not losing sleep over it.

I’ve lived (6 Super Bowl championships) and died (IMO, the 1990 Patriots were the worst single season team I’ve ever seen in the NFL) with the Patriots since 1976. I went to many a game back in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s at the old Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium. Sitting on backless, aluminum benches in the freezing cold rain, sleet and snow with zero creature comforts. In other words, I love the Patriots- they are my ride or die team ALWAYS. All that said, I don’t see how any Patriot fan could not be concerned by what’s been going on in training camp. Could they turn it around? Absolutely. But I think it’s more likely that we’re looking at a 7-10 or 8-9 team. I’m just trying to keep it real, don’t shoot the messenger.