NFL 2022

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tony Gonzalez, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Richard Sherman are also taking a lot of heat in how they handled the Tua situation last night. In particular a lot of people are calling out Sherman for his hypocrisy. As a player he was very outspoken about player safety and playing on Thursday nights. Now here he is drawing a paycheck analyzing the Thursday night game while also being not very committal in criticizing the Tua situation. It’s unfortunate because I think Sherman is GREAT on this pregame show, but I have to admit the criticism towards him for last night is valid.

Two situations just happened simultaneously:

Baltimore: The game is tied with a 4th and goal from the 3 with about 3 minutes left

Indianapolis: Colts with the ball and is losing by 7 coming out of the two minute warning and it’s 4th and 10 from the 33 yard line

Guess which teams attempts a FG and which team goes for it. You really can’t make this s*it up

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
Rookie QB for New England looked good, Packers just out lasted them... Cowboys won ugly, but a win is a win.
Rookie looked like a Rookie. He didn't give away the farm in a very unexpected under the snapper position, however. This really shows how good the coaching is for the Patriots, being able to adapt that quickly. Literally after one set of downs. It wasn't a great alternative game plan, but it actually got the game to overtime. Their defense was really good.

I was thinking that the Patriots were going to need to score on defense to have a chance... and then the pick 6. And then there was the offensive line that really seemed to be giving Zappe encouragement. Actually thought they were going to win after that OT punt return, but Green Bay was too good on defense and held them.

Lions managed to be the Lions and lose a game with a QB that had 4 TD throws.

Something’s been bothering me since the Patriots-Packers game on Sunday (actually a lot longer than that). Does anyone know why the NFL decided to go to a 10 minute sudden period OT instead of the old 15? I’m guessing it’s because of “player safety”, to which I call BS!! The Pats-Pack game was painfully close to a tie, as the clock was showing :00 when Mason Crosby’s kick split the uprights. If I haven’t mentioned it before I absolutely DESPISE NFL tie games. If player safety is the reason for reducing sudden death to 10 minutes, that just may be the most hypocritical thing the NFL has ever done (which is saying a lot). So it’s okay for these players to come back on 4 days rest and play on a Thursday night, but they can’t play another 5 minutes in a game they’re already engaged in?? Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating that an OT period goes beyond 15 minutes. If it’s still tied after 15 minutes of sudden death then so be it. But I’ve hated this 10 minute OT rule since it’s inception. I’m a Patriots fan and I was actually rooting for Crosby’s FG to be good as the clock expired.

Something’s been bothering me since the Patriots-Packers game on Sunday (actually a lot longer than that). Does anyone know why the NFL decided to go to a 10 minute sudden period OT instead of the old 15? I’m guessing it’s because of “player safety”, to which I call BS!! The Pats-Pack game was painfully close to a tie, as the clock was showing :00 when Mason Crosby’s kick split the uprights. If I haven’t mentioned it before I absolutely DESPISE NFL tie games. If player safety is the reason for reducing sudden death to 10 minutes, that just may be the most hypocritical thing the NFL has ever done (which is saying a lot). So it’s okay for these players to come back on 4 days rest and play on a Thursday night, but they can’t play another 5 minutes in a game they’re already engaged in?? Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating that an OT period goes beyond 15 minutes. If it’s still tied after 15 minutes of sudden death then so be it. But I’ve hated this 10 minute OT rule since it’s inception. I’m a Patriots fan and I was actually rooting for Crosby’s FG to be good as the clock expired.
I think the dumbest rule is if the first person scored a TD they win? So a safety or a FG isnt sudden death for winning? Just more inconsistency from pro sports.

Reactions: BillD1984
I think the dumbest rule is if the first person scored a TD they win? So a safety or a FG isnt sudden death for winning? Just more inconsistency from pro sports.

I could be wrong but I think a safety is sudden death in an NFL game, but yeah so many inconsistencies.

The main reason for 10 minute overtime was to limit network overlap. They wanted the late games to kick without any other games.

If this is the reason, that’s even worse. They’re seriously letting the networks dictate the rules now ( I know $$$$$$)? As it is they already start the late games 25 minutes later on the doubleheader network.

Another thing I need to get off my chest, and that’s Bill Belichick. His postgame tongue bath of Aaron Rodgers was sickening. “Only Aaron Rodgers can make a throw like that”, “He’s just too smart, too good, too accurate”, “Well, I’d say in the end, Aaron Rodgers is just too good”. Replace Aaron Rodgers name with Tom Brady’s name in any of those quotes and did you ever hear Belichick talk like that? All Brady did for you was lead your team to thirty-that’s 3-0 postseason wins and 6 Super Bowl championships, but you didn’t want him back. Then Brady goes out and wins a Super Bowl in his first year in Tampa, and your team is 18-20 since he left. Please don’t get me wrong Aaron Rodgers is a GREAT QB, but Belichick had the greatest winner at that position in the 100+ years of the NFL and he treated him like he was Blaine Gabbert.

Oh, and if Rodgers is THAT great, WHY did you give him the ball back for a second time in OT?? That’s really the reason why you lost the game.

Well thanks to the Buffalo Bills getting the shaft in the Kansas City game last year, they change that rule. I’m just not sure if it’s for the whole season or just the playoffs

Another thing I need to get off my chest, and that’s Bill Belichick. His postgame tongue bath of Aaron Rodgers was sickening. “Only Aaron Rodgers can make a throw like that”, “He’s just too smart, too good, too accurate”, “Well, I’d say in the end, Aaron Rodgers is just too good”. Replace Aaron Rodgers name with Tom Brady’s name in any of those quotes and did you ever hear Belichick talk like that? All Brady did for you was lead your team to thirty-that’s 3-0 postseason wins and 6 Super Bowl championships, but you didn’t want him back. Then Brady goes out and wins a Super Bowl in his first year in Tampa, and your team is 18-20 since he left. Please don’t get me wrong Aaron Rodgers is a GREAT QB, but Belichick had the greatest winner at that position in the 100+ years of the NFL and he treated him like he was Blaine Gabbert.
Why would BB show any adulation for the quarterback that shafted him by leaving to go to another team when he was obviously still capable of winning a championship?

Well thanks to the Buffalo Bills getting the shaft in the Kansas City game last year, they change that rule. I’m just not sure if it’s for the whole season or just the playoffs
That is just playoffs. Also I wouldn't consider that the "shaft" as much as we knew the rules and it was always a stupid rule for the playoffs. I'd say get rid of regular season OT... and in the playoffs, you play an extra quarter... period.
Why would BB show any adulation for the quarterback that shafted him by leaving to go to another team when he was obviously still capable of winning a championship?
The Patriots were technically trying to push Brady out before that. No one knew how much more time was left in Brady. His years in Tampa have been as awesome as it has been unprecedented. No one has played as long and as well as he has.