NFL 2022

When are they ever going to go back to a catch is a catch ... if you catch the damn ball and go out of bounds and you didn't drop it, its a catch.

Pickens for the Steelers had two passes in a row that he caught, that were nit picked and turned into No Catch.
99% of the time the Player KNOWS if he caught it.

This slightly moved, should Not determine a catch or not .... did the ball slightly move .... did he Not Drop the ball ... its a Catch. I'm not talking about clearly juggling, that is usually obvious, while going out of bounds.

In bounds, he juggled the ball, did he hang on to it .. did it touch the ground ... no, then its a catch.

Yep, that Pickens one was ABSOLUTELY a catch!!

We all know that is the real reason for no flex, but year after year the NFL keeps feeding the same BS when it comes to the flex protocols. To a lesser degree, I think that’s why the NFL hasn’t flexed out Week 14’s Broncos-Chiefs SNF game (the deadine to do that is today). Like the Cowboys, Patrick Mahomes is ratings gold, but who wants to watch that train wreck Broncos team on national TV for the umpteenth time?

Seahawks fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIll,
Heres what you have been waiting for :

That was an eleventh hour flex, so there was definitely some negotiations going on behind the scenes. The chatter on Twitter was that NBC wanted another game but ultimately settled for Dolphins-Chargers. No matter what the circumstances were, they had to get the Broncos off of national TV-Mahomes or no Mahomes.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Now that the NFL has finalized the Week 14 schedule, Week 15 is next. Week 15 is interesting because there is a pool of 5 games that can be moved to Saturday. Three of those 5 games will be moved to Saturday for a 1:00 ET/4:30 ET/8:20 ET NFL Network tripleheader, and the other two games will be thrown back into the Sunday pool. Those 5 games are Dolphins at Bills, Ravens at Browns, Colts at Vikings, Falcons at Saints and Giants at Commanders. The other twist to this is the SNF game in Week 15 is very flex worthy (Patriots at Raiders). Dolphins-Bills or Giants-Commanders would both be a good flex in for SNF. However, if the NFL took either of those games out of the Saturday pool, they would be looking at the prospect of showing a much lesser game on Saturday afternoon. There are currently only two other Sunday games that would be flex in worthy for SNF: Bengals at Buccaneers (which I’m assuming CBS protected for their prime doubleheader game), and Titans at Chargers. It will be a very interesting to see how this one shakes out. This would be my (not very confident) prediction-

Saturday on NFLN
Ravens at Browns-1:00 (Lamar Jackson vs. DeShaun Watson would be a good draw)
Dolphins at Bills- 4:30 (could determine the AL East champ, I could also see this go to SNF)
Giants at Commanders-8:20 (I think NFLN will push hard for this NFC East battle to be prime time on their network)

Falcons-Saints and Colts-Vikings goes back in the Sunday pool

Sunday
Patriots at Raiders gets flexed out of SNF, and gets moved to the secondary doubleheader game behind Bengals-Bucs

Titans at Chargers gets flexed in to SNF

Going to Pats at Raiders, so impatiently waiting for flex news, presumably it'll still be an afternoon game.

While poking around about something related to flex scheduling I came across this blog which you might be interested in.

GREAT read, thanks!!

After reading this I’m convinced that the Pats-Raiders game has a shot to stay on SNF after all. I do think the Raiders have to beat the Chargers this Sunday for that to happen though.

When are they ever going to go back to a catch is a catch ... if you catch the damn ball and go out of bounds and you didn't drop it, its a catch.

Pickens for the Steelers had two passes in a row that he caught, that were nit picked and turned into No Catch.
99% of the time the Player KNOWS if he caught it.

This slightly moved, should Not determine a catch or not .... did the ball slightly move .... did he Not Drop the ball ... its a Catch. I'm not talking about clearly juggling, that is usually obvious, while going out of bounds.

In bounds, he juggled the ball, did he hang on to it .. did it touch the ground ... no, then its a catch.
Aaaaand again tonight. So stupid.

Haven't been watching tonight ... :(
You missed a good game - if you like seeing New England look nothing like they did during the dynasty.
Maybe Bill has lost his mojo. Putting a former DC on the offensive side of the ball is an obvious fail and Mac Jones, as I've often said, is just NOT a good QB. Especially under presssure

You missed a good game - if you like seeing New England look nothing like they did during the dynasty.
Maybe Bill has lost his mojo. Putting a former DC on the offensive side of the ball is an obvious fail and Mac Jones, as I've often said, is just NOT a good QB. Especially under presssure
Maybe players no longer really want to play their and play for less money? How come people always look past that?

It’s time for Belichick to retire or for Robert Kraft to step in and say enough is enough. This arrangement of Belichick having cart blanche over the entire operation worked when he had a certain quarterback here. That QB has drawn a paycheck in Florida for 3 years now, and it’s fairly obvious that he was the main cog to their success. Belichick has been running this team like it’s a family business. His coaching staff is a joke of nepotism that’s made up of family members and close friends (I give credit to local talk show hosts Mike Felger and Tony Massarotti, who have been all over this part of story for the last two years. It was getting a lot of resistance at first, but not so much any more). Even some of the players that Belichick has resign-ed are marginal NFL players at best. They’re all Belichick yes men and butt kissers. Last night was the tipping point for me. Look, there’s no shame in losing to a vastly superior Buffalo team. But it was the way they lost that sent up red flags for me. The time has come, Mr. Kraft, to take the car keys away from Bill Belichick.

It’s time for Belichick to retire or for Robert Kraft to step in and say enough is enough. This arrangement of Belichick having cart blanche over the entire operation worked when he had a certain quarterback here. That QB has drawn a paycheck in Florida for 3 years now, and it’s fairly obvious that he was the main cog to their success. Belichick has been running this team like it’s a family business.
Brady was awesome in New England, but the guy literally had 0 interceptions on defense for his career... and the Patriots strongest asset except in the Moss era was always the defense side of the ball. It wasn't all Brady. It never was. It was the Patriots ability to continually shed expensive players for younger talent that had the skills to make things work across the field.

That the Patriots managed this tightrope walk for 2 decades was absurd! How many more Super Bowl appearances does he need? He has 9!!! The Patriots have appeared in more Super Bowls in the past ten years than most teams have ever made.

Belichick can stay as long as he likes. If they are 0-17, I don't care. He, Brady, Pioli, and Kraft made the Patriots into one of the best the best franchise ever in NFL history.
His coaching staff is a joke of nepotism that’s made up of family members and close friends (I give credit to local talk show hosts Mike Felger and Tony Massarotti, who have been all over this part of story for the last two years. It was getting a lot of resistance at first, but not so much any more). Even some of the players that Belichick has resign-ed are marginal NFL players at best. They’re all Belichick yes men and butt kissers. Last night was the tipping point for me. Look, there’s no shame in losing to a vastly superior Buffalo team. But it was the way they lost that sent up red flags for me. The time has come, Mr. Kraft, to take the car keys away from Bill Belichick.
It is always easy to say "fire the coach". They question is who do you replace him with. Belichick has a track record that puts him among the best coaches in all sports, all time (Alex Ferguson would be #1). Who do you replace that with?

• Love
Reactions: madmadworld
Let me point out the obvious about why the Pats were so good for so long. they had 2 key people with the same work ethics. I could elaborate for awhile here. without the the elder we would not likely know who TB12 is.
The bad News good luck finding and putting together 2 guys that intelligent and dedicated.

Reactions: BillD1984
Brady was awesome in New England, but the guy literally had 0 interceptions on defense for his career... and the Patriots strongest asset except in the Moss era was always the defense side of the ball. It wasn't all Brady. It never was. It was the Patriots ability to continually shed expensive players for younger talent that had the skills to make things work across the field.

That the Patriots managed this tightrope walk for 2 decades was absurd! How many more Super Bowl appearances does he need? He has 9!!! The Patriots have appeared in more Super Bowls in the past ten years than most teams have ever made.

Belichick can stay as long as he likes. If they are 0-17, I don't care. He, Brady, Pioli, and Kraft made the Patriots into one of the best the best franchise ever in NFL history.

It is always easy to say "fire the coach". They question is who do you replace him with. Belichick has a track record that puts him among the best coaches in all sports, all time (Alex Ferguson would be #1). Who do you replace that with?
I dont disagree at all with your statement. So why cant Bill fill those holes now?
I truly believe Brady getting paid less helped them acquire more talent and many players also took less money. There were years that their payroll would of been far over the cap...
Belichick is no different than any other coach in any sport....You dont win you get canned...If he was such a genius they would be far better now.

First of all I never said it was “all” Brady, but as far as the Patriots defense over that 20 year run you are vastly overrating them. The first part of the dynasty, I will give you. Seymour, Harrison, Law, Vrabel, McGinest, Bruschi, Milloy, Wilfork all great and/or Hall of Fame players. Don’t kid yourself, since ‘06 it was all about Brady. Second of all, I never said “fire the coach”, but unlike you what I AM saying is that he is not beyond reproach. Take a look at what his win-loss record is with/without Brady. I still think he’s one of the greatest coaches of all time, but saying that’s it’s okay for him to have zero accountability because he has taken them to 9 Super Bowls is just plain wrong.

Reactions: Yespage and AZ.
First of all I never said it was “all” Brady, but as far as the Patriots defense over that 20 year run you are vastly overrating them. The first part of the dynasty, I will give you. Seymour, Harrison, Law, Vrabel, McGinest, Bruschi, Milloy, Wilfork all great and/or Hall of Fame players. Don’t kid yourself, since ‘06 it was all about Brady.
So 2018, 2019, was what then?
Second of all, I never said “fire the coach”, but unlike you what I AM saying is that he is not beyond reproach. Take a look at what his win-loss record is with/without Brady. I still think he’s one of the greatest coaches of all time, but saying that’s it’s okay for him to have zero accountability because he has taken them to 9 Super Bowls is just plain wrong.
How can it be just plain wrong? How many other coaches have done it? He has won as many Super Bowls as Coach #2 has been to Super Bowls and only Chuck Noll has more than half of Belichick's Super Bowl victories.

I hate the mentality of what have you done for us in the last year or two, especially after such a long and very successful career.