NFL 2022

So, does Brady call it a career ?
With this Blow Out Loss the final game ....
Or does he Come Back because he doesn't want to end his career on a Blow out loss like this ?

Well Im no Cowboy fan. But Tampa was pathetic all year and didnt even deserve a wild card spot IMO! Cowboys like many teams in the NFL this year, were hot and cold. Dak was in a groove, and Brady looked like he had all year long!
I'm also not a Cowboy fan, however after seeing Dak so up and down, it was really hard to determine if the Boys would win this one or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.
So, does Brady call it a career ?
With this Blow Out Loss the final game ....
Or does he Come Back because he doesn't want to end his career on a Blow out loss like this ?
I think he's going to retire.

If he does come back to play, I think this team is a good fit offensively. They would need to somehow improve their awful defense though.....

13206107_web1_FBN-GRANEY-JAN07-20.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Hart5150
Father Time is the only undefeated player in sports. Most players, especially since their pay became obscene, leave right before the needle reaches "E". Brady seems to be a player who refuses to understand that he cannot get it done anymore. It may take another year or even two of being a shadow of his former self before the plug is pulled.

Miami is still coming up in articles, but they have Tua. So why would Miami sign Brady? Brady is in a period of he needs a team ready to win now, like when he signed with Tampa Bay. Unless he just wants the money. Brady isn't a miracle worker without the coaching or talent around him these days. Interesting how he can throw over 300 yards in a bad game for himself.

As far as Brady being over the hill and "past his prime", I think that has been reported slightly less than the number of times Voyager 2 has left the Heliosphere. Yes, an obscure reference, but accurate none the less. I mean he got signed in Tampa Bay, and they've made the playoffs three times (4-2 record), won the Super Bowl once, and people are saying "he's done". Tampa was signed up for a two year run, and that was it. It worked. Brady isn't what he used to be, but he is leagues better than Manning and Favre were at this point.

Miami is still coming up in articles, but they have Tua. So why would Miami sign Brady? Brady is in a period of he needs a team ready to win now, like when he signed with Tampa Bay. Unless he just wants the money. Brady isn't a miracle worker without the coaching or talent around him these days. Interesting how he can throw over 300 yards in a bad game for himself.

As far as Brady being over the hill and "past his prime", I think that has been reported slightly less than the number of times Voyager 2 has left the Heliosphere. Yes, an obscure reference, but accurate none the less. I mean he got signed in Tampa Bay, and they've made the playoffs three times (4-2 record), won the Super Bowl once, and people are saying "he's done". Tampa was signed up for a two year run, and that was it. It worked. Brady isn't what he used to be, but he is leagues better than Manning and Favre were at this point.

I love Tom, but it’s TIME!! I wish he stayed retired (in fact I wish he stepped away after winning the SB in his first year in Tampa), for me that was sad to watch last night. I’m too young to remember Willie Mays final days, but I remember reading accounts of how sad it was watching him in his final days with the Mets. That’s how I now feel about Tom. Yes, he was still playing at a very high level a year ago, but that proverbial cliff comes up very fast when you’re 45.

Reactions: Hart5150
I love Tom, but it’s TIME!! I wish he stayed retired (in fact I wish he stepped away after winning the SB in his first year in Tampa), for me that was sad to watch last night. I’m too young to remember Willie Mays final days, but I remember reading accounts of how sad it was watching him in his final days with the Mets. That’s how I now feel about Tom. Yes, he was still playing at a very high level a year ago, but that proverbial cliff comes up very fast when you’re 45.
I love(d) him, too.

Begrudgingly rooted for the Bucs in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs even though I knew it would lead to the talking head hot takez about him and Belichick.

I don't really care for those Patriots "fans" who wore split Bucs/Pats Brady jerseys. But if he signs with Miami(or the Jets :what2) he is persona non grata to me.

Reactions: BillD1984
I love(d) him, too.

Begrudgingly rooted for the Bucs in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs even though I knew it would lead to the talking head hot takez about him and Belichick.

I don't really care for those Patriots "fans" who wore split Bucs/Pats Brady jerseys. But if he signs with Miami(or the Jets :what2) he is persona non grata to me.

Hart!! Where have you been?? Miss you around here!!

I agree, if Tom signs with Miami or the Jets that makes it personal.

OK, let's see, the Bucs have an over the hill QB, an over the hill RB, no Gronkowski, no # 1 wide receiver, and a head coach who has never shown anything as a head coach (career 34W-51L) but somehow it's all Byron Leftwich's fault. You know, the guy who was OC in 2020 when they won the SB. :coco

Reactions: SamCdbs

You have to remember that when Brady went to TB, TB bought all kinds of talent in to help Tom out.
It wasn't like he was making the playoffs in TB without all those that were added.

OK, let's see, the Bucs have an over the hill QB, an over the hill RB, no Gronkowski, no # 1 wide receiver, and a head coach who has never shown anything as a head coach (career 34W-51L) but somehow it's all Byron Leftwich's fault. You know, the guy who was OC in 2020 when they won the SB. :coco
I think Leftwich goes to Pittsburgh ....

I think they have been waiting for Leftwich to get out of TB before getting rid of Matt Canada.

Don't see the take much about how well the Ravens played the Lamar situation. so far. if they just move on now it would be perfect imo

Five years less than 33 mil. Proof of how valuable a agent is. Winning that MVP he should of got paid.

Reactions: HipKat
The NFL has designated the teams which will lose a home game for its European mis-adventure. Chiefs and Patriots will play in Germany; Jaguars, Bills, and Titans will play in England. "Away" teams will be announced when the schedule is, in April.

The NFL has designated the teams which will lose a home game for its European mis-adventure. Chiefs and Patriots will play in Germany; Jaguars, Bills, and Titans will play in England. "Away" teams will be announced when the schedule is, in April.
This whole Playing games in other country is just plain stupid .... your not going to have people follow it on a regular basis ... if they set up an actual weekly game in those locations, it would draw the first few games and then nothing once it wore off.

The whole playing elsewhere is a complete JOKE .
And its getting worse.

• Love
Reactions: SamCdbs and HipKat
Europe is a growth market with money. That they are trying to expand the brand is hardly surprising. The NFL will milk the cash cow until the udders fall off. Football (or Handegg as it is known abroad) is a completely differently type of play structure than games in Europe. The gameplay is literally about 1/4 to 1/3 the game clock and stops all the time, unlike football (the game where kicking it to advance position isn't illegal) which always on-going. So I'm curious just how far it can expand in popularity. The WLAF failed, but in part because it wasn't the NFL.

Reactions: meStevo
Yeah, we're going to see more rather than less for the foreseeable future.

Long term I wouldn't be surprised to see a franchise or two based out of Europe, the idea has been floated to have an entire division based there, since it would result in 11-12 of their games not requiring travel across the pond.

If you had an entire division in Europe, that means each team would get to stay in Europe for 11 or 12 of its 17 games. Depending on the schedule rotation, each team would get eight or nine home games, plus they'd also get three road games against their inter-European divisional rivals. Each European team would still have to play five games in the United States, but that could be solved by giving each team one two-game and one three-game road trip so they only have to fly overseas twice.​
Teams have been allocated international marketing home regions:

FGq3HxYWYAo1Uxd

As part of the International HMA program, clubs will have access to international markets for at least a five-year term, during which a club will have rights to pursue activities in that international market that are consistent with what they can do in their domestic HMA. This includes in-person and digital marketing, corporate sponsorship sales, fan events and activations, youth football activities, merchandise sales and co-marketing relationships with other sports and entertainment properties in the market.​

via this PDF - https://nflcommunications.com/Docum... MARKETING AREA TEAMS AND MARKETS (FINAL).pdf

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo

Okay, I must have misinterpreted what I heard yesterday. I thought when I saw “Chiefs and Patriots are playing in Germany”, it meant against each other (the Chiefs are on the Patriots home schedule next season). This makes me feel better that the Patriots will be playing the Chiefs in Foxboro.

Yup, they are the two hosts in their international home market. Would be fun to try and make it to one of those, but probably not in the cards this year after wifey was laid off yesterday. Some 6am PST football! lol.

That sucks, sorry man!

But yeah, 6am football is never a bad thing.