NFL 2023-2024 Season

To no one’s surprise, Bill Belichick is out.

9 Super Bowl appearances (with 8 of them being classics), an ungodly number of AFC Championship games, only tram to ever go 18-0 in NFL history and just one miraculous offensive play from a perfect 19-0 season.

Tapegate, deflategate marr the accomplishments a bit, but the Patriots managed 9 Super Bowl appearances in 20ish years, an accomplishment that will be near impossible to match.

Belichick along with Brady, Vinetari, and Gostkowski managed the best dynasty run in NFL history and one of the best runs in the planet's history, beaten only by the likes of the 50s Canadiens, early year Celtics, and Ferguson's Manchester United.

It ended not the best, but it was a remarkable run, capped with the greatest single game championship comeback of all time and the greatest field goals of all time.

Reactions: HipKat
I still cannot believe all the nonsense with this, people have to pay if they cannot receive OTA, people have to pay when the games are on ESPN/NFL Channel/Amazon.

What is the difference with it being on Peacock vs the others?

Lastly, the game will be on Local TV in the Kansas City Metro Area ( and Miami), they do not need to get Peacock, just a publicity stunt.

I still cannot believe all the nonsense with this, people have to pay if they cannot receive OTA, people have to pay when the games are on ESPN/NFL Channel/Amazon.

Lastly, the game will be on Local TV in the Kansas City Metro Area ( and Miami), they do not need to get Peacock, just a publicity stunt.
People are upset because this is the first time that they are being charged to watch some of the playoff games.

There are many Chiefs and Dolphin fans that have moved out of market. They are the ones being affected.

You don't see the difference?? Playoff games have always been on the major networks. That's free and MOST of the country is not out of the range for OTA.
Cable costs are high enough, now they're being forced to pay an extra amount for a streaming app that probably needs a carrier's credentials to log into (I don't know if that's a fact or not) and internet speeds to adequately support it, plus separate setup at multiple TV's.

I know you've been on both ends of the spectrum, but times are friggin hard out here. VERY hard. 100K is no longer financially stable anymore when you have a family to feed.
This is nothing but a money grab for the NFL/NBC and any commercial establishments, bars, that subscribe where people STILL have to spend money on food and drinks.

Call me crazy, but maybe people outside of KC/Miami might want to watch the game, too, especially since the country is in a deep freeze and feeling the effects of a major winter storm where less people are leaving the house.

• Love
Reactions: Jimbo, AZ. and TRG
People are upset because this is the first time that they are being charged to watch some of the playoff games.

There are many Chiefs and Dolphin fans that have moved out of market. They are the ones being affected.
And if the game was on ESPN, some would have the same issues.

If it is that important to them, sign up, costs them a whole $6….wow.

I have Peacock because of the 1080P picture for SNF and Big Ten Football.

Black Friday Special, $20 for the year.

Cable costs are high enough,
Yes they are, if they cannot afford it, drop it, you can get Hulu/Disney/ESPN+/Paramount+/Showtime/Peacock for $48 a month, with that, the vast majority of what is on Network/Cable Channels, streaming shows, 4K, no commercials, etc, etc.

If they want to add in HBO (MAX) makes it $68 and AMC+, brings it to $77, how much would that Cable/Satellite bill ( with all those fees ) be even without HBO/Showtime or with?

now they're being forced to pay an extra amount for a streaming app
If the game is that important, it will cost you $6 for a month of Peacock, less then a fancy cup of coffee.
that probably needs a carrier's credentials to log into (I don't know if that's a fact or not)
No you do not, Peacock is separate from a TV Provider.
and internet speeds to adequately support it,
92% of Households in the US now get broadband speeds .
plus separate setup at multiple TV's.
No extra charge, if the TV is smart ready, all set to go, or buy a Roku for $30.

Does not your employer charge $7 a month per extra TV, that is $84 a year per TV, a lot more then that Roku.
I know you've been on both ends of the spectrum, but times are friggin hard out here. VERY hard.
I know that, I grew up extremely poor in a trailer park from hell, I never wish to be that way again, so why I never wasted money and saved and invested that savings for 30 years.

If people cannot afford paid Live TV, there are options, no one owes them anything, especially the NFL, a for Profit organization.
100K is no longer financially stable anymore when you have a family to feed.
This is not the forum for that discussion, but you are incorrect, if you wish to continue, you know where.
This is nothing but a money grab for the NFL/NBC and any commercial establishments, bars, that subscribe where people STILL have to spend money on food and drinks.
You are complaining that paying for Peacock is too much, but advocating to go to a bar and speed even more?
Call me crazy, but maybe people outside of KC/Miami might want to watch the game, too, especially since the country is in a deep freeze and feeling the effects of a major winter storm where less people are leaving the house.
Again, it is $6, save that in gas by not going anywhere, specially a bar.

• Sad
Reactions: madmadworld
Bills game rescheduled to Monday

And if the game was on ESPN, some would have the same issues.

If it is that important to them, sign up, costs them a whole $6….wow.

I have Peacock because of the 1080P picture for SNF and Big Ten Football.

Black Friday Special, $20 for the year.
Bruce, the difference is, all the other channels it MAY be on are available on thier OTA antenna or on thier Cable/ Sat package that they are already paying for ... NOW, they have to pay Again for an entirely different format just to watch what has always been FREE ...

Reactions: AZ.
Yes they are, if they cannot afford it, drop it, you can get Hulu/Disney/ESPN+/Paramount+/Showtime/Peacock for $48 a month, with that, the vast majority of what is on Network/Cable Channels, streaming shows, 4K, no commercials, etc, etc.

If they want to add in HBO (MAX) makes it $68 and AMC+, brings it to $77, how much would that Cable/Satellite bill ( with all those fees ) be even without HBO/Showtime or with?

If the game is that important, it will cost you $6 for a month of Peacock, less then a fancy cup of coffee.

No you do not, Peacock is separate from a TV Provider.

No extra charge, if the TV is smart ready, all set to go, or buy a Roku for $30.

Does not your employer charge $7 a month per extra TV, that is $84 a year per TV, a lot more then that Roku.

I know that, I grew up extremely poor in a trailer park from hell, I never wish to be that way again, so why I never wasted money and saved and invested that savings for 30 years.

If people cannot afford paid Live TV, there are options, no one owes them anything, especially the NFL, a for Profit organization.

This is not the forum for that discussion, but you are incorrect, if you wish to continue, you know where.

You are complaining that paying for Peacock is too much, but advocating to go to a bar and speed even more?

Again, people like to be able to access all thier channels in one place, not having to change from 1 app to the next everytime they want to change the channel.

Last edited:
Bills game rescheduled to Monday
I believe I heard the Steelers game is at 4:30, not 4.

Bruce, the difference is, all the other channels it MAY be on are available on thier OTA antenna or on thier Cable/ Sat package that they are already paying for ... NOW, they have to pay Again for an entirely different format just to watch what has always been FREE ...
And once again, you are only speaking for a minority of people, out of 131 Million Households here, only about 56 Million have Cable/Satellite, that is 75 Million without.

Which number shrinks every quarter.
Again, people like to be able to access all thier channels in one place, not having to change from 1 app to the nbext everytime they want to change the channel.
Based on the above numbers, that is obviously not the case anymore.

And once again, you are only speaking for a minority of people, out of 131 Million Households here, only about 56 Million have Cable/Satellite, that is 75 Million without.

Which number shrinks every quarter.

Based on the above numbers, that is obviously not the case anymore.
OK, let me be a bit more Clear for you ....
I am speaking for ALL of those that are Not Streaming people ....

So, lets take away those Streamers that HAVE Streaming, as an extra ...

Your counting people like Me that do Stream, ah yes, I have several Streaming Apps, but that doesn't mean I Stream, that means I use Streaming as an alternative .... See, I show up as Both in your Numbers ...
Your numbers can move any way you decide you want them to.

• Love
For anyone interested, they just mentioned in the Early game ...
If any one wants / needs Peacock, other than the Monthly option, they have a deal going for $29 for the Year.

OK, let me be a bit more Clear for you ....
I am speaking for ALL of those that are Not Streaming people ....

So, lets take away those Streamers that HAVE Streaming, as an extra ...

Your counting people like Me that do Stream, ah yes, I have several Streaming Apps, but that doesn't mean I Stream, that means I use Streaming as an alternative .... See, I show up as Both in your Numbers ...
Your numbers can move any way you decide you want them to.
No, my numbers came from here-

Total Top Cable34,878,281

Total Other Traditional-DirecTV/Dish/Fios/Frontier21,894,000

Most cable customers these days are elderly. All this streaming stuff to them is outside their abilities, many times.
Hughesnet and Frontier DSL are considered broadband with makes up the majority of what many people outside the cities use.

I meant the aggravation, not cost
I'm no fan of pay for TV. I cut the chord 4 years ago

Gosh, if only everyone had every opportunity you did.

Actually, I'm not saying it's too much, I'm saying it's just another cost, another monthly bill for something that has always been free to view OTA or on a cable subscription

Reactions: TRG, AZ. and KAB
Lets get back to discussing Games in the Sports Section .....
You guys brought up the whole Peacock thing.

Speaking of that, that game’s video quality was incredible and not even in 4K, wish Cable/Satellite could show that good of a picture.

Reactions: meStevo