NFL Football Now ala cart...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
LonghornXP said:
Again why won't people get this correct. DirecTV had the first option to renew this package. If D* didn't renew it than the other companies could bid for it. Because D* renewed their deal it was over at that point and the other companies never had a shot to outbid D*.

Well excuuuuuuussssse me... :)

I was just reporting that its all over for the cable companies and what the cable guy said. I don't know if D* had a first right to renew or not, since they didn't let me see the contract nor the renewal... :) (and the D* press release didn't mention it either...)

Cheers,
Tom

tibber said:
Well excuuuuuuussssse me... :)

I was just reporting that its all over for the cable companies and what the cable guy said. I don't know if D* had a first right to renew or not, since they didn't let me see the contract nor the renewal... :) (and the D* press release didn't mention it either...)

Cheers,
Tom

Sorry about that but for some reason today in another thread people keep asking the same questions over and over again. So at least you now know that these other companies never had a shot to begin with. Now in 2010 things will change and all companies will have the right to bid no matter what D* does.

LonghornXP said:
Sorry about that but for some reason today in another thread people keep asking the same questions over and over again. So at least you now know that these other companies never had a shot to begin with. Now in 2010 things will change and all companies will have the right to bid no matter what D* does.

np, it happens.

Out of curiosity, do you know if all the NFL contracts are up for bidding in the next cycle or just some of them?

Cheers,
Tom

tibber said:
np, it happens.

Out of curiosity, do you know if all the NFL contracts are up for bidding in the next cycle or just some of them?

Cheers,
Tom

If memory serves NFL Sunday Ticket would be up in 2010 while the CBS and Fox contracts will be up in 2011. I'm not sure when the ESPN and NBC contracts will end.

ABC loses Monday Night contract after this year and it will go to ESPN until 2012. Sunday Night will be on NBC until 2012. Fox and CBS will continue to 2011.

NBC gets superbowl for 2009 and 2012.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts