NFL Lockout thread

Jimbo said:
Ok, didn't know that, thought we were expected to hear something tonight, guess not.

I am a little confused here. Obviously, Goodell put together a deal that the owners liked enough that to they passed 31-0...well, except Al f@#%ing Davis, but WHO negociated on the players behalf, because from all the talk after the owners voted on the players side...you would swear they weren't involved. Where was the representation from the players side?!

I am a little confused here. Obviously, Goodell put together a deal that the owners liked enough that to they passed 31-0...well, except Al f@#%ing Davis, but WHO negociated on the players behalf, because from all the talk after the owners voted on the players side...you would swear they weren't involved. Where was the representation from the players side?!

They just didn't have time to see this most recent version of it, they also want to see dry ink on paper about a global settlement of all legal issues before voting.

Thats waht I've been trying to point out, it was a proposal if you ask me.

meStevo said:
They just didn't have time to see this most recent version of it, they also want to see dry ink on paper about a global settlement of all legal issues before voting.

Yep. How can the owners want trust from the players when they want them to vote on a contract that they didn't get a chance completely read yet?

Seriously?! Are you kidding me?!

Players are going to twitter like crazy according to ESPN. According to some players rep that saw the contract, the owners slipped in "a few wrinkles" that were either not agreed to or not discussed at all. Nice....

Again... Really?! Seriously?!

Yep, like I said ...owners...they just cannot be completely trusted.

meStevo said:
The owners never told the players to vote on the proposal. That was an expectation by the media and others.

They have literally told the players to agree to by Tuesday. I am sure the owners wanted a vote tonight as well...lets not kid ourselves.

They have literally told the players to agree to by Tuesday. I am sure the owners wanted a vote tonight as well...lets not kid ourselves.

Like the players going nuts on twitter, you're just flailing in the face of the information vacuum. The schedule of events can't happen unless the NFLPA recertified before the league year starts, that's why they specified a date.

Show me more than rhetoric, what have the owners put into this agreement that wasn't negotiated? Nobody has said anything specific they're just freaking out in order to sway the PR one way or the other. It's not like the owners sequestered themselves to an island for 2 months and came back with this.

meStevo said:
Like the players going nuts on twitter, you're just flailing in the face of the information vacuum. The schedule of events can't happen unless the NFLPA recertified before the league year starts, that's why they specified a date.

Show me more than rhetoric, what have the owners put into this agreement that wasn't negotiated? Nobody has said anything specific they're just freaking out in order to sway the PR one way or the other. It's not like the owners sequestered themselves to an island for 2 months and came back with this.

So you are saying...just so we are clear...all this emotion is a song a dance by the players? All we have seen is some of the basic part of the proposal. From the sounds of it, the owners want a 10 year deal with no option to opt out.. Looks like that was never discussed or it was thrown in there at the last second. That was never mentioned in the any of the reporting by the media outlets when they mentioned what was being discussed.

So you are saying...just so we are clear...all this emotion is a song a dance by the players? All we have seen is some of the basic part of the proposal. From the sounds of it, the owners want a 10 year deal with no option to opt out.. Looks like that was never discussed or it was thrown in there at the last second. That was never mentioned in the any of the reporting by the media outlets when they mentioned what was being discussed.

Find me a player complaining about the 10 years. That's my point. You can't take one random point about the deal and say that's what the players are mad about. That's what you're doing, that's what many players are doing.

It's much closer to baseless hysteria than well founded outrage.

salsadancer7 said:
Owners vote IN FAVOR of the new CBA, 31-0 with the Raiders abstaining(sp?) from voting!

On a personal note, f#@%ing Al Davis!! Why does he NEED to be a f#@%ing rebel all the time?! Damn he is so f@#%ing frustrating.....

Time for the man to step down with what little dignity he has left.

meStevo said:
Find me a player complaining about the 10 years. That's my point. You can't take one random point about the deal and say that's what the players are mad about. That's what you're doing, that's what many players are doing.

It's much closer to baseless hysteria than well founded outrage.

OMG.... have you seen the entire document and all its points? No, so with that said, how do you know its not legit? Do you have someone on the inside? I mean when you have former players that now are media stating the same thing...obviously they must have heard that something smells fishy...again, where your proof its hysteria?

cybok0 said:
Time for the man to step down with what little dignity he has left.

How can he have any dignity left when in his last media appearance, he looked like he just left the homeless shelter after getting into street fight? With this huge welt with stitches and nasty looking teeth? Lol!

Players are going to twitter like crazy according to ESPN

where your proof its hysteria?

You said yourself players are going crazy on Twitter. You are the one that said 10 years is one of the things it's about. Find a player objecting or admit you just picked a random thing you heard and blindly posted, your choice.

The genuine complaint today was only that the players didn't have time to review this proposal before their conference call, so to expect a vote was unrealistic. The sensationalism of this simple point is an effort to sway the PR back their direction a little. Hours later saying that they still haven't seen the proposal (as the Bills player rep did on NFLN) means you aren't trying to get it, or your fax machine is out of paper.

I have an 83 year old cousin that actually looks about as bad as Al Davis, when I see a picture of Al Davis I can kinda smell that cousin.

Edit: oh, i took a picture of him at Christmas at our house. He lives with my parents and my mom has to make him shower and stuff.

052-1.JPG

Edit2: Q&A w/ Clark Hunt will be able to answer some of these questions better than me - http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-cente...-810-WHB/4919d598-7ddb-40f2-8138-d5ebb006d168

Last edited:
I thought the coverage last night on ESPN was a bit much...but I can see why they covered it why they did becouse there was a agreement....I think :)

Players are going to twitter like crazy according to ESPN. According to some players rep that saw the contract, the owners slipped in "a few wrinkles" that were either not agreed to or not discussed at all. Nice....

Again... Really?! Seriously?!

Yep, like I said ...owners...they just cannot be completely trusted.

You had to think that may have been the case, seeing how they said it's over when they knew the players hadn't seen it .... Goodell looked very nervous when announcing it for a good reason, he probably knew they were trying to slip something in it.
I'm thinking the players will see it and counter and this will go on for a few more days, unless all parties are involved right from the beginning this time.
They set this up to make the players look like the bad guys last night if the players didn't accept, now that the public know about the "Other" issues thrown in, it makes the Owners look like the Bad guys.

Hopefully by Monday this will be resolved.

However, there is a TON of stuff in there that we never hear about.
IF the contract is agreed apon by both parties, with changes if needed, I think a 10 year agreement is a GOOD thing, but it must be agreed by both sides.

Tiger and Stevie Break-Up!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts