NFL Lockout thread

You said yourself players are going crazy on Twitter. You are the one that said 10 years is one of the things it's about. Find a player objecting or admit you just picked a random thing you heard and blindly posted, your choice.

The genuine complaint today was only that the players didn't have time to review this proposal before their conference call,
so to expect a vote was unrealistic. The sensationalism of this simple point is an effort to sway the PR back their direction a little. Hours later saying that they still haven't seen the proposal (as the Bills player rep did on NFLN) means you aren't trying to get it, or your fax machine is out of paper.

Would you agree to this without first SEEING it ?

The players didn't have the whole document or something like that and they wanted to read the whole thing before signing which I don't blame them.

You said yourself players are going crazy on Twitter. You are the one that said 10 years is one of the things it's about. Find a player objecting or admit you just picked a random thing you heard and blindly posted, your choice.

The genuine complaint today was only that the players didn't have time to review this proposal before their conference call, so to expect a vote was unrealistic. The sensationalism of this simple point is an effort to sway the PR back their direction a little. Hours later saying that they still haven't seen the proposal (as the Bills player rep did on NFLN) means you aren't trying to get it, or your fax machine is out of paper.

An assumption on your behalf. All I am saying is that players have acted negatively because the Goodell and the owners thought the players just had to agree with it and forget the rest. Some player reps HAVE seen the documents and they have disagreed on certain things. There hasn't been a single player rep come out and say that the contract looks fine so lets agree to it now.

NONE.

I mean this like trying to buy a house without doing an inspection first.

Would YOU agree to this proposal without reading the fine print...?! My gut feeling is a resounding NO.

An assumption on your behalf. All I am saying is that players have acted negatively because the Goodell and the owners thought the players just had to agree with it and forget the rest. Some player reps HAVE seen the documents and they have disagreed on certain things. There hasn't been a single player rep come out and say that the contract looks fine so lets agree to it now.

NONE.

I mean this like trying to buy a house without doing an inspection first.

Would YOU agree to this proposal without reading the fine print...?! My gut feeling is a resounding NO.

Yeah, you're still not answering the question, where did you get 10 years being something that was slipped in. Who's making assumptions?

Take Spikes said this morning that the players will agree to a deal when it is fair to everyone. Apparently he complained about possibly not accounting for inflation. How does a deal where you are getting a percentage of gross revenue not account for inflation...

Take Spikes said this morning that the players will agree to a deal when it is fair to everyone. Apparently he complained about possibly not accounting for inflation. How does a deal where you are getting a percentage of gross revenue not account for inflation...

Does Spikes even know what's in the deal?? Plus, I thought I heard last night that there was a built-in percentage increase for the cap each year....

yeah...team cap around $120 million with a minimum of $90 million.

Floor is 99% this year 95% next year with a couple million in credits and some flexibility to borrow 1.5m from future caps for veteran salaries or something.

Surprised they got Mike Brown of the Bengals to vote for that.

Edit:

Mawae says they will consider the latest proposal today which includes settlement terms and recertification stuff, and that the NFLPA won't be releasing any more statements today out of respect for the funeral proceedings for Mrs. Kraft.

PFT says ESPN is backing away from their report that there will be a vote today.

Everyone better not take the weekend off.

Last edited:
Note that it's not just a proposal, they are the points negotiated over the last few months with the players. Contrary to how the players in twitter may be acting the owners didn't sequester themselves to a remote island and pick the terms out of a hat and then vote.

And no where does it say that there would be provisions of an out clause. There is no way the players would sign without an out clause.

The ONLY place I actually have to side with the devil is that the players MUST recertify. It would be WAY too easy for a player/s to sue the owners and the league.

Note that it's not just a proposal, they are the points negotiated over the last few months with the players. Contrary to how the players in twitter may be acting the owners didn't sequester themselves to a remote island and pick the terms out of a hat and then vote.

Based on my knowledge of the definition of the word proposal, it fits. Obviously, most if not all of the individual points were negotiated separately, but the owners are proposing these terms collectively to the players for their approval.

GOTTA love the brain eating powers of Al Davis:

On abstaining from the owners' vote, Raiders CEO Amy Trask told NFL.com: "We had profound philosophical differences of a football and an economic nature," adding, "we voted the way we thought was appropriate."

The Raiders ownership would try to negociate the air you breathe if they could....

...GOD help us Raiders fans...

Tiger and Stevie Break-Up!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)