rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Getting a 721 error on 212 HD NFL network, SD version OK, happens on all receivers and doing a refersh via web site didn't correct. On hold now with D*.

Yea, just came back also, they never did answer the phone.

i got this error tonight 8pm sharp. thought i was going to miss the game but suddenly it came back. strange.

I've been getting these on & off all night on my HR21-100, the H20's have been fine. I wonder what's causing this tonight.

yep me too, and it just happened again twice, like 2 minutes ago, kinda ticking me off as my friend who I am trying to sell Directv too just said I dont know you have alot of problems when that come on the screen.

Just got this with only a few minutes left in the game. Rebooting now, so I'll hopefully get to watch the last minute or so. These problems are starting to get annoying...

I just got it at 11pm EST sharp was watching with 4+ min in the 4th and got the message not subscribed stupid me I hit the red button before reading this and just waiting.

Well it finished booting with a minute something left, just in time to see the Broncos go ahead for the upset win. I'm thinking that this may be a customer reaction trial to see if they can move it to the second tier HD package with HDnet movies and the others.

Did anyone see this kind of behavior on the other HD channels prior to their move to the HD upgrade tier? If they cut off the game at a crucial point and nobody calls then maybe they know the interest wont generate any more revenue. Just my own little conspiracy theory.

All HD channels giving 721 Error

I also had problems right around 8:15 EST last evening. My 2 HD receivers were the only ones affected. My 2 SD receivers continue to work fine. Now, every HD channel is grayed out and gives the 721 error. I called DTV support and they walked me thru setup again on both recievers, with no luck. They stated this was a trend they were seeing. I can get all SD channels on these 2 receivers, but no HD channels. The CS person said it was a Dish pointing problem which I find hard to believe considering I had been watching the HD programs just fine for the past 3 weeks since I've joined.

The only other thing I can think of is that I got HBO and the NFL ticket added to my package yesterday. Not sure how this might impact the rest of my HD channels. The other bad part is that I just "moved" in the last week and had to undo that so that they could schedule a tech.

I noticed it as well. I have one of the first D* HD-DVRs off the line so with the varied receivers, I'd almost peg it as a D* issue and not an equipment issue. They need to start getting these glitches worked out because it's getting old. If this pops up again for the CHI/NO game, they are going to lose our household as a sub.

The CS person said it was a Dish pointing problem which I find hard to believe considering I had been watching the HD programs just fine for the past 3 weeks since I've joined.

This is nearly impossible as it affected some of the most senior members of this forum simultaneously. Like I said earlier, My H20's never had a problem leaving the new HR21 with the outage. If I were you I would cancel your service call & let them figure this out on their end.

DTV once again shows how totally inept, ignorant and completely misinformed their CR's are. Do the CR's go to some kind of a basic training where they are told if you get a question relating to failing to receive a channel just answer "your dish must not be properly aligned" without knowing anything else. Complete, absolute IDIOTS !! I swear if DTV didn't have the ST package I'd dump them in a heartbeat, their HD - DVR HR21 is a total POS !! I don't want to hear anyone defend this garbage receiver or the inept, stupid-a** CR's that work for them.

Well it finished booting with a minute something left, just in time to see the Broncos go ahead for the upset win. I'm thinking that this may be a customer reaction trial to see if they can move it to the second tier HD package with HDnet movies and the others.

Did anyone see this kind of behavior on the other HD channels prior to their move to the HD upgrade tier? If they cut off the game at a crucial point and nobody calls then maybe they know the interest wont generate any more revenue. Just my own little conspiracy theory.

Husker,
Welcome to the site :)

This has NOTHING to do with how many people want the channel, D* has had the channel on basic since the very beginning.

Jimbo

You guys did not have to reboot. I was calling DTV when it came back on and then it went off. It finally came back on for good after a couple minutes with the 721 message.

DTV once again shows how totally inept, ignorant and completely misinformed their CR's are. Do the CR's go to some kind of a basic training where they are told if you get a question relating to failing to receive a channel just answer "your dish must not be properly aligned" without knowing anything else. Complete, absolute IDIOTS !! I swear if DTV didn't have the ST package I'd dump them in a heartbeat, their HD - DVR HR21 is a total POS !! I don't want to hear anyone defend this garbage receiver or the inept, stupid-a** CR's that work for them.

They use a script and the script should be edited to tell them to forward these types of calls to engineering or something similar. CS reps should be trained, nor should they be even trying to answer tech questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts