NFL ST SuperFan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
I sent an email to Directv complaining about the charge for SuperFan and three hours later received what has to be a canned response email. Here it is: 07/20/2007 01:54 PM
Dear Mr. McMillen,

Thanks for writing about your issue on the NFL SuperFan. I understand your concerns over programming costs, and I'm sorry for how this affected the way you feel towards DIRECTV. While the price may sound like a lot, NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan not only delivers more than 100 NFL games in high definition, it also delivers the most innovative television experience NFL SUNDAY TICKET has ever offered through these three new features:

• NFL SUNDAY TICKET Red Zone Channel - The best plays from games in action.

• NFL SUNDAY TICKET Game Mix - Watch up to 8 games at once on a single TV screen.

• NFL SUNDAY TICKET Short Cuts- Commercial-free games showing every play in 30 minutes or less on channels 731-732.

If you still wish to cancel your NFL SuperFan subscription, please write us back and we will complete your request. For immediate assistance you can also call us at 1-800-531-5000.

Thanks again for writing and giving us an opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

Jonathan D
Employee ID xxxxxxx
DIRECTV Customer Service

Make the most of DIRECTV by registering your account on directv.com. You'll learn about exclusive online promotions, new features of DIRECTV and the latest programs and packages. Visit www.directv.com/register today.
It really warms the cockles of my heart when I receive such a warm, compassionate letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that is what you will get when emailing them. Call customer retention and they can probably work out a deal where you might get it for free.

I called and complained to customer retention last year and got it credited to my bill. I was going to call this weekend to see if they will remove it again. Never hurts to try.

No Deal

Had SF free last year, called Direct TV about 3 weeks ago saying I was considering cancelling Sunday Ticket because of the price increase and was basically told tough luck buddy.

Don't point my finger directly at the NFL for this because Direct TV promised them the money. But I do directly blame the NFL for creating a monopoly.

I'm as big a football fan as anyone but it might be time to look for a good tavern.

I've tried 2-3 times this month to sign up for ST and to get SF at no cost...No Luck. Just called about 30 minutes ago to try one more time before the end of the month when the Early Bird Special expires. This time I had luck, got ST(Early Bird Special) and SF at no cost. You just have to ask and be "nice" about it.:):):)

I've tried 2-3 times this month to sign up for ST and to get SF at no cost...No Luck. Just called about 30 minutes ago to try one more time before the end of the month when the Early Bird Special expires. This time I had luck, got ST(Early Bird Special) and SF at no cost. You just have to ask and be "nice" about it.:):):)

See , your patience paid off :up

Jimbo

I checked my bill online this morning. I got charged for Sunday ticket, but no charge for SF. I had SF free for the last 2 yrs.

Wouldn't the first installment charge for ST and SF come together? It looks like I got a free renewal.

Comments?

I checked my bill online this morning. I got charged for Sunday ticket, but no charge for SF. I had SF free for the last 2 yrs.

Wouldn't the first installment charge for ST and SF come together? It looks like I got a free renewal.

Comments?

If you didnt get it specifically done this year I would call Directv to confirm. I dont think the ST installments completely match SF. Its usually one lump or 2 payments for SF.

I was told no free SuperFan because I had it free last yr. I told them that was because the first yr they charged me and then sent those coupons.. didn't bite.

However, they gave me a free HR20 and since I'm moving, they'll install the dish and receivers and waive the 19.95 rip off, I mean handling fee.

Comments?

Better check your programming. I also got it for free last year and have not been charged yet this year. Last month, July 9, was charged for an installment of ST. Looked at my programming, everything there, MLB, MLB SF etc...etc..., NFL ST, but, alas, Superfan not on my list. Now I am not sure what to do. Maybe wait for the first week and then call and act crazy???

A little update for everyone.

After talking D* into giving me a se cond HR-20 for free...
I installed the DVR, then called to cancel Sunday Ticket all together. Times are lil lean my way and I cant really swing it this year.

I called them up yesterday and went right to retentions and told them that I didnt know that you had to have Superfan to watch games in HD, and that I had the Sunday Ticket and the HD Package so I should get all the NFL games in HD too. It took all of 5 minutes and I had SF for free.....it was very easy actually.

It is a crock of B.S. that you would have to pay 100 more dollars to get HD NFL when you already have the Ticket and HD package. I would hope in the future that D* would just include that in the package.

Better check your programming. I also got it for free last year and have not been charged yet this year. Last month, July 9, was charged for an installment of ST. Looked at my programming, everything there, MLB, MLB SF etc...etc..., NFL ST, but, alas, Superfan not on my list. Now I am not sure what to do. Maybe wait for the first week and then call and act crazy???

I'm in thesame boat as you, the SF is not listed on my programming as of yet, I suppose I'll wait, maybe call the week before the season starts just to make sure.

I do the auto-renew and had ST and SF last year, so I am going to presume that it will be on, on Sept 9th.

Jimbo

It is a crock of B.S. that you would have to pay 100 more dollars to get HD NFL when you already have the Ticket and HD package. I would hope in the future that D* would just include that in the package.

I agree and think that it will eventually be included, that said we should not have to pay for the fantasy stuff when all we want is the HD portion.
Make the fantasy stuff a separate package, of course I doubt that the fantasy pack on it's own would sell enough to make it worthwhile.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)