NFL Sunday Ticket (Yes I know it's not available on Dish Network!)

The price for the ST is already getting pretty steep. Wait until they have to give up a ton more money for the new contract. It will go up even more.

That's not his point. Your LiL would prefer you watch your local games only to see all the ads. With ST, you could watch whatever game, and thus football fans' eyeballs are not necessarily viewing local ads as they may be viewing out of market coverage.

This would be an issue no matter what the channel. That is just the nature of having options. I mean, if you carry HBO, will they not let you sign up with Showtime? If that were really a problem, then every provider could only have one channel, because any more than one, you would be taking away eyeballs.

Are any of the locals dropping Direct because they have ST? I don't think so, and it seems like Dish has had more disputes than Direct, and they are giving the locals the full blast of viewers for their football games. In the end, maybe it will be a reason to demand increased rates on the part of the networks (like a bargaining chip or something), but they will not stop Dish or any other company from signing up for ST.

This would be an issue no matter what the channel. That is just the nature of having options. I mean, if you carry HBO, will they not let you sign up with Showtime? If that were really a problem, then every provider could only have one channel, because any more than one, you would be taking away eyeballs.

Are any of the locals dropping Direct because they have ST? I don't think so, and it seems like Dish has had more disputes than Direct, and they are giving the locals the full blast of viewers for their football games. In the end, maybe it will be a reason to demand increased rates on the part of the networks (like a bargaining chip or something), but they will not stop Dish or any other company from signing up for ST.

Well, big time football fans aren't watching HBO on Sunday afternoons in the Fall:). Instead, he or she will be watching whatever football is available. The local affiliate would rather they watch the game they have, not some other game.

Is a channel going to drop DirecTV or another provider because of ST? Of course not, ST is only 17 days a year. But might they want to limit it to one satellite provider? Yeah.

Is a channel going to drop DirecTV or another provider because of ST? Of course not, ST is only 17 days a year. But might they want to limit it to one satellite provider? Yeah.

I just don't know if they could dictate that. They cannot control whether the NFL offers it up to any and every provider. I think the networks would just have to take it...

Since the ST is a money loser for D*, sort of a loss leader, place me in the "anti" crowd. It's not "compelling content" for me, and I don't want to subsidize someone else watching it.

Besides, I think there's no chance at all of it going to more than one provider, and will not really even be up for offer to all comers. Doesn't the current contract contain a renewal option?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)