NFL SuperCast for Computer, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and iPhone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The PC was working for this morning. Yes, Blackberry users (by far the largest user base) will be the last to get access. That is ridiculous.

I agree. I understand that the media is in love with the iPhone and Apple's marketing engine does a great job from a product recognition, but I can't understand why the BlackBerry is often forgotten. Directv is yet another company that seems to forgot (or perhaps they don't even know) that there are more BlackBerry units in production than the iPhone. Directv appears to have a cool DVR Scheduler app for the iPhone; but, I wouldn't know because I have a BlackBerry.

For the record, I'm not dismissing the iPhone or attempting to upset their users... I would just like some of the same apps.

I agree. I understand that the media is in love with the iPhone and Apple's marketing engine does a great job from a product recognition, but I can't understand why the BlackBerry is often forgotten. Directv is yet another company that seems to forgot (or perhaps they don't even know) that there are more BlackBerry units in production than the iPhone. Directv appears to have a cool DVR Scheduler app for the iPhone; but, I wouldn't know because I have a BlackBerry.

For the record, I'm not dismissing the iPhone or attempting to upset their users... I would just like some of the same apps.
Yeah, I know what you mean and it's a shame. Blackberry makes a fine product too. My 8900 (Curve) has 16GB of memory and holds a ton of goodies for me. I simply love it. Apple's marketing has done an outstanding job, no question.

I saw that the curve 8900 will be available to use this with. Will that even work? No 3g support on that phone unless I am mistaken

I wonder is part of the issue is that Iphone has one software version to comply with. Blackberry has many. I have the Tour which does work with most 8900 and Bold software. Storm is a beast of its only. Then you have all the older devices. Maybe with the release of 5.0 for many of the Blackberry's it will eliminate that issue.

I wonder is part of the issue is that Iphone has one software version to comply with. Blackberry has many. I have the Tour which does work with most 8900 and Bold software. Storm is a beast of its only. Then you have all the older devices. Maybe with the release of 5.0 for many of the Blackberry's it will eliminate that issue.

Good point Big Dawg. Storm is its own BB animal, but there are different OS versions for the other (more "standard") BBs. I'm sure that does affect development. Even so, Directv should have the resources to compensate as needed.

Thanks for the head's up that the BB app was posted. Unfortunately, I the download is failing to my Tour. It appears that Directv is aware of the situation because here is their most recent twitter post from an hour ago:

"Blackberry users: While some have successfully downloaded the app, others are reporting conflicts on the download. We're investigating it."

I am excited for this app! Great addition by Directv. I do hope the product a DVR app for BB users too.

Good point Big Dawg. Storm is its own BB animal, but there are different OS versions for the other (more "standard") BBs. I'm sure that does affect development. Even so, Directv should have the resources to compensate as needed.

Thanks for the head's up that the BB app was posted. Unfortunately, I the download is failing to my Tour. It appears that Directv is aware of the situation because here is their most recent twitter post from an hour ago:

"Blackberry users: While some have successfully downloaded the app, others are reporting conflicts on the download. We're investigating it."

I am excited for this app! Great addition by Directv. I do hope the product a DVR app for BB users too.

When you go to m.directv.com/supercast I clicked on the Storm version and it installed as normal Apps do over the air. I have the Tour what has the same software for the most part. Option two is download the Tour. Bold and Curve 8900 to your PC and go through the App load option.

This software will come in handy if I end up at the in-laws.

From DirecTV, update on some Blackberrys:

--Remembering log-in for Mobile App
Error Detected
Specifically: The Login Remember Options will not take effect until the season starts on Sunday.
The application will remember your login, once the Sunday Ticket season begins.

- Issues with Storm
Our applications will ONLY support official OS’s from the carriers (that goes for all devices)
If the users are using a modified OS, or a BETA build, we can’t guarantee the app will work.

For the Storm, there is a popular .191 build floating around out there, which is a BETA build for the next generation OS for the STORM.

It is not working AT ALL, with the application. Users will have to roll back to the 4.7.0.148 build.

- Older BB’s
We’ve seen a lot of the posts already about people being upset that we are not supporting the older BB’s.

There are many reasons behind why the models that we selected, were selected. But the BOLD is a year old, and the STORM is just about a year. The Tour is basically a BOLD device, hence why it is supported.

None of the flip devices were tested, and designed for.

Also, there are going to be many issues with BB users, because their IT infrastructure through corporate accounts block most of the video streams and even some of the HTTP traffic.
That is out of our control, that is something each of those users will have to work out with their own companies.

I find that my app on the Palm Pre is a play faster then my local channel. I always know what the play is before it shows up on the TV.

There is some stuttering but, that is to be expected with a new app the first week. Gotta work out the bugs.

This rocks!!!

Some of the software versions will require a software update before week 2 viewing, so you may want to fire up your software prior to Sunday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts