NFLST and NHLCI

slccc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Lubbock, Texas
Does anyone know what the costs of purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Centre Ice are together? How many payments etc? I was considering asking my broker to activate these this week. Thanks.:)

That sounds like a heck of a deal, because I think I read that on Bell ExpressVu (think its channel 450), - just for NFL Ticket they require 2 separate payments of $89.99 or approx $180.00 for the entire NFL season!!

Yes Expressvu costs are in lulu land for sports.

Annual cost sports pack: Canadian cable companies: $300 to $360
Expressvu: $717

More HD on BEV. For that I'm willing to pay. BEV will have 4 HD channels for Centre Ice this year. I never bothered with Sunday Ticket since the Boston and Seattle feeds combine with local cable give me almost every game I'd want to see, anyway.

Next SC brochure will show:

NHLCI channels 469 to 479 NHLCI HD channels 480-481

Also apparently RDS HD will be launched in October
New Combo Sports package for English only subs $3.99 RDS ch 750, RDSHD 272 + RIS Info Sports 749 - for English only subs, there will no longer be a requirement to buy a French bundle before ordering RDS

Next SC brochure will show:

NHLCI channels 469 to 479 NHLCI HD channels 480-481

Also apparently RDS HD will be launched in October
New Combo Sports package for English only subs $3.99 RDS ch 750, RDSHD 272 + RIS Info Sports 749 - for English only subs, there will no longer be a requirement to buy a French bundle before ordering RDS

Excellent!

I get some information that RDS will be broadcasting in HD on Bell ExpressVu and Videotron for 2 preseason game, september 17 and 18 at the Bell Centre against Pittsburgh.

That's for testing the signal.

I don't know if the test will be available on star choice.

BTW, i see a new advertise on RDS from Bell. You see the 2 beavers at the Bell Centre with a Canadiens shirt and a voice said (in french) : "La télévision HD sans ExpressVu, c'est comme les Canadiens sans leurs partisans" (HDTV without ExpressVu is like Canadiens without her fans)...After you see a message : "Les canadiens maintenant en HD" (Canadiens now available in HD).

So...with this advertise, be sure at 99.9% ExpressVu will add RDS HD...

How many NFL Sunday ticket games are in HD, for SC?

I see the following quote on SC's web page, but I can't tell how many...

"
HD programming is also offered with NHL Centre Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket."

thanks!

At this time: 0

All SC HD subs get NFL games in HD from Detroit/Seattle stations + CTV/TSN. Sports bundle subs get Sportsnet HD as well.

Shaw let it slip that 2 of the new upcoming HDPPV channels will be used for CI. They haven't mentioned whether they will be used for ST as well.

To see what is go to this page in I.E. only. Enter postal code "L8T 1Y7"
http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/starchoice/zipcode.asp?partner_id=starchoice