Nfusion nova

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

metal head

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
The Rock
I got a chance to buy a nova. I took it home and hooked it up just to try it. I dont really like it, Its not user friendly like my cw600p. Is that a good receiver?

Bought one a few weeks ago also for $20, nothing like my coolsats for FTA no blind search, found it a little easier to use after putting factory files on it but still was sad and slow (my opinion) even for $20 i wish i had of left it where it was.

Yeah! I have owned a few but that one, I dont know something about it. I hooked up a coolsat 6000 to 97w last weekend for a friend, much better.

I got one for $45 on eBay, but couldn't get it to do anything.....wouldn't control my STAB HH100 motor, wouldn't blind scan, or autoscan for that matter. It was useless. I got a refund from the seller, and he told me not to bother returning it. It came with hack ware pre installed, but I installed the factory bin, which didn't help. Total junk in my opinion.

I have tried both the nova and the solaris and I have to say there is no difference between the 2 receivers except the colour. They both have a crappy GUI, no blind scan, and they overheat something fierce. I did get them for a good price (Free) but in my short time in this hobby I have to say that these boxes are the worst ones I have ever used. My first receiver was a VS Pro and its alright but nothing compares to my CS 5000 Platinum.. Hopefully Ill be getting my AZbox soon :) (Fingers crossed)

BTW, the Nfusion line of receivers were designed for the "Pirate" market with the guise of being able to access the internet for updates.

Yeah I know I saw the ethernet jack on the back. I am not interested in that, I just wanted a good receiver for my buddy and thats not it. Thanks guys I will not be buying that, I already returned it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)