NHL 2007-08 Season

Martin Biron, excellent penalty killing and determination. Plus Price sucks in goal. If Montreal looses the series it is because of goal tending.

If the Pens and Flyers meat each other in the Conference finals, well all I can say is that it will be a bloodbath on both sides.

detrimental to the team ????

He is your SPARK PLUG, he brings energy to the team.
I bet you don;t have anyone on the team that does what HE does for your team.

He's our Kirk Maltby, except Malts has a lot of experience and practice at being the top adgitator.

Jimbo

That was sarcasm on my part. In last summer's arbitration hearing Sather said Avery could be detrimental to the team at times. Sather's words, not mine. I know every GM does that to some extent to try to win the arbitration hearing, but I thought that was over the top.

Of course he's the sparkplug, Ranger fans are so in love with Avery, and rightly so. The fact that he makes Brodeur so uneasy is icing on the cake.

Avery is like a Maltby, he does have less experience but he also has more talent. Don't get me wrong, I like Maltby and when he was younger I would have welcomed him on the Rangers. But Avery is actually very fast, has good instincts and good hands.

I really hope he doesn't go anywhere.

Way to bring a Detroit reference into it though...I was a little afraid we'd go a whole post without referencing it. ;)

Sandra

That was sarcasm on my part. In last summer's arbitration hearing Sather said Avery could be detrimental to the team at times. Sather's words, not mine. I know every GM does that to some extent to try to win the arbitration hearing, but I thought that was over the top.

Of course he's the sparkplug, Ranger fans are so in love with Avery, and rightly so. The fact that he makes Brodeur so uneasy is icing on the cake.

Avery is like a Maltby, he does have less experience but he also has more talent. Don't get me wrong, I like Maltby and when he was younger I would have welcomed him on the Rangers. But Avery is actually very fast, has good instincts and good hands.

I really hope he doesn't go anywhere.

Way to bring a Detroit reference into it though...I was a little afraid we'd go a whole post without referencing it. ;)

Sandra

I was surprised when Avery left Detroit,I like the Avery , Maltby types, except for Claude Lemeiux ....

I can't beleivie I shook his Fricken hand !!!!!
Dino Cicirrelli speaking of Claude after the Playoffs series the year of the blood bath :D

Sorry about the Detroit reference ....
Q. This is the NHL thread, why can we not talk about Detroit here as well ?
Jimbo

If the Pens and Flyers meat each other in the Conference finals, well all I can say is that it will be a bloodbath on both sides.

you mean when:D
I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if they will put Hatcher against crosby. If so look for some roughing penalties on Hatcher and some dives on crosby.

Surprised

That no one here is talking about the massive VS/Directv/NHL/whomever else screw-up last night. No Sharks-Stars in HD. Just taped golf. :mad::confused:

I know, nothing exists west of the Big River:confused:

That no one here is talking about the massive VS/Directv/NHL/whomever else screw-up last night. No Sharks-Stars in HD. Just taped golf. :mad::confused:

I know, nothing exists west of the Big River:confused:

I was not awake enough to watch the Stars / Sharks game, I take it , it was in SD ?

mccoyrj,
How about the Mississippi !

Jimbo

I was not awake enough to watch the Stars / Sharks game, I take it , it was in SD ?

mccoyrj,
How about the Mississippi !

Jimbo

Yep, they played a replay of some golf tournament on the VS/Golf channel.

VS is too cheap to even have their own HD channel, they have to share it.

Bush league.

Will riffjim please predict yet another San Jose loss today (Sunday)?

Yep, they played a replay of some golf tournament on the VS/Golf channel.

VS is too cheap to even have their own HD channel, they have to share it.

Bush league.

Will riffjim please predict yet another San Jose loss today (Sunday)?

Thats the NHL Commisiner, CHEAP.

They could have been on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC had they stuck with a real sports network, 1 channel in HD all year just doesn't cut it.

You've got at one time 8 games at a time playoff wise going and only 1 friggin HD channel to show them.

Jimbo

The Flyers are through to the next round. Now I wonder if the penguins will throw a game (or 3) again so they don't have to play the flyers.

Is there a reason the San Jose / Stars game 7 has to be on at 9 pm est on a weekend ???

Whats wrong with a during the day time , like say 4 pm est so the rest of the nation can watch these games.

The NHL continues to shoot them selves in the foot when it comes to trying to have viewers.

Games on VS instead of a National network, Poor Timing ...
It's no wonder rating are as bad as they always are.

Jimbo

Thats the NHL Commisiner, CHEAP.

They could have been on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC had they stuck with a real sports network, 1 channel in HD all year just doesn't cut it.

You've got at one time 8 games at a time playoff wise going and only 1 friggin HD channel to show them.

Jimbo

Yes but you all understand that the Detroit/Dallas game is on Thursday which is one of the days that VS does golf on that shared channel?
So I don't think that the Detroit game will be in HD.

I'd like to see Dallas in the Finals.

I'm just getting sick and tired of the Red Wings as the best in the West year after year.

Every year, they're first.

I'd like to see something new for once.

Detroit is so predictable, so blah, so boring, too easy to predict.

But, it will be probably another decade before Detroit reverts to the 'Dead Wings' days of old.

I'm just getting sick and tired of the Red Wings as the best in the West year after year.

But, it will be probably another decade before Detroit reverts to the 'Dead Wings' days of old.

Wings have been very good since around 1990, I realize that if your not a Wings fan you find that boring, but there have been other teams that have been just as good.
Colorado was very good for quite awhile, Dallas has been right there with Detroit for most of the same time period.
San Jose and Anehiem of late.

Jimbo

Last edited:

C'mon, It's been 6 years since we won the Stanley Cup.

I predict...

...Detroit over Dallas in 5 in the Western Conference Finals.
...Team Riff has a great time at Game 4 here in Dallas.
...Pittsburgh over Philadelphia in 6 in the Eastern Conference Finals.
...Detroit over Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Finals.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)