NHL 2008-09 Season

What the hell is a "Blue Jacket" anyhow? Is that something you wear to dinner at the country club?

Lol. I had to look it up too Paul. Apparently "blue jacket's" were what the Union Army Soldiers were referred to in the Civil War. Ohio had the largest contribution of soldiers to that War than any other state.

And what's up with those decals on their helmets? I noticed Pryor's helmet was already half covered. Is that some kind of reward for attending classes?

Giving Buckeye Leaf stickers away for accomplishments on the field (only in a win), is one of the richest traditions in all of sports.

There is strict critera that has to be met in order to get these leaves....

Ohio State Football Traditions: Buckeye Leaves

And I always wondered why a city with no more Steel Mills has a football team named after them. :confused:

There were Steel Mills in the city when the team was formed. Hell if they have to change the name, what will it be....let's see......I know :eureka.......Let's name it after a color, The Pittsburgh Gold.

Naw....can't do that, what city in their right mind would name their team after a color....oh....never mind.:D;)

There were Steel Mills in the city when the team was formed. Hell if they have to change the name, what will it be....let's see......I know :eureka.......Let's name it after a color, The Pittsburgh Gold.

Naw....can't do that, what city in their right mind would name their team after a color....oh....never mind.:D;)

ROFLMAO! I really got to remember to swallow my coffee, before I read your posts.

Strict criteria? What about that line that says you get one for remembering to go to the bathroom before you go on the field?

How about another great Buckeye tradition of the "Golden Pants" pin?

"They put their pants on one leg at a time, the same as we do!"
--Francis Schmidt, March 2, 1934

In 1934, Ohio State's new head coach was asked how the Buckeyes would do against rival Michigan, and that was Schmidt's reply. His teams bought into the philosophy, rattling off the most successful stretch in school history against that team up north. OSU won the next four Michigan matchups by a combined 114-0 margin.

Schmidt founded the "Pants Club", which still exists today as reward for a win over the Wolverines. Since 1934, each player and coach receives a miniature pair of gold pants for each victory over Michigan. The charms contain the recipient's initials as well as the year and score of "The Game".

gold_pants.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts