NHL 2008-09 Season

4-0. We draw first blood in this home-and-home. we need to slap them again in the outdoors tomorrow.
I sure hope so! Also, I thought it would be really nice if some of the "Old Timers" would lace up their skates and play a period of exhibition prior to the game. How thrilling would it be to see Gordy Howe, Stan Mikita, Denis Savard, Mickey Redmond, and many other retired Wings and Blackhawks take the ice.

Hey guy's, answer me this .....
Just bouncing thru channels tonight and I see the Red Wings and Blue Jackets are on the NHL channel. With the Wings feed...
In SD .... Why is this, I thought the NHL Network was a HD channel. (I know it is).

I turn to 663 the FSN Detroit and it IS in HD, same feed, why one in HD and the other not, it's obviously available to them.

Jimbo

Who cares?

I'm sick of the Wings always winning.

5 years from now, they will be back to being the 'Dead Wings' of old.

This run of great hockey can't continue forever!

Who cares?

Why do your think that ?

Many thought that would happen when the old guy's started leaving and retiring.
Shanny, Hull, Hasek ect...
Yzerman :) What a classy guy !

They have not exactly fallen off the map since they left the team.

You now have Zetterburg, Datsuk Franzen, Hossa and still the league's best Defensemen Nick Lindstrom

They DO need to come up with a Big Time Goalie, Ozzie can't go on forever ....

Jimbo

Who cares?

I care...but I am sure the Red Wings NHL "Gold Standard" form will eventually come to an end. However, I certainily don't see it happening anytime soon with the players they have on hand and management's commitment to winning.

The Michigan Wolverines were in 33 straight bowl appearances and didn't have a losing season in more than 40 years until Coach Botchagaloop Rodriquez rolled into town. Perhaps if the Wings were to put Coach Rod behind the bench after he gets fired next season, then you will get your wish.:rolleyes:

And yes...even if the Wings win another Cup this season, I will still be pissed that Michigan brought Coach Rod to Ann Arbor. Some thought he would be a HotRod, but I just knew he would be a Notrod. But I digress...:eek:

I care...but I am sure the Red Wings NHL "Gold Standard" form will eventually come to an end. However, I certainily don't see it happening anytime soon with the players they have on hand and management's commitment to winning.

The Michigan Wolverines were in 33 straight bowl appearances and didn't have a losing season in more than 40 years until Coach Botchagaloop Rodriquez rolled into town. Perhaps if the Wings were to put Coach Rod behind the bench after he gets fired next season, then you will get your wish.:rolleyes:

And yes...even if the Wings win another Cup this season, I will still be pissed that Michigan brought Coach Rod to Ann Arbor. Some thought he would be a HotRod, but I just knew he would be a Notrod. But I digress...:eek:

If he's still around after next year, he will do well again.

Who cares?

I doubt it. They have been in the playoffs for something like 17 seasons now. Superior European scouting, outstanding cap management will make sure that this doesn't end in my lifetime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)