NHL 2008-09 Season

I subscribed to NHL Center Ice Online last year. I am having trouble finding any information rearding the package this year. Has anyone heard or seen if Center Ice Online will be available?
I certainly hope CI online will be. I attended the first Blues practice and it took seven different shooters before the biscuit went in the basket during the Shoot Out Drill. I really want to see more than just the Blues play this year!

I'm a huge Sabres fan, but I don't see them rising higher than third in their own division.

Montreal's a great team and Ottawa still has great players, and Toronto will stink.

The Bruins and Sabres will fight for third, though I give Buffalo the edge in goaltending.

Sorry, Bill, but I'll take Ryan Miller over Tim Thomas.

Well since the season has not opened yet I can officially say that my Jackets are in 1st place. :) This might be the only time this year that I can say it.

All joking aside I sure hope this is the year that they start to turn things around.

LETS GO JACKETS!!!!

I'll predict the Bills win more playoff games this year than the Sabres.
(The Sabres have lost too much talent- Drury, Briere, Campbell, Biron, McKee, Grier)

One dollar says the Detroit Red Wings win a regular season game before the Detroit Lions do. Any takers?

Yes the Red Wings will win before the Lions do.
Wings open regular season on Oct. 9th against Toronto then Ottawa on the 11th.

The Lions on the other hand have a by this week and play Chicago the next week, so it comes down to will the Lions beat Chicago or the Wings win one of their first two games.

Jimbo

I subscribed to NHL Center Ice Online last year. I am having trouble finding any information rearding the package this year. Has anyone heard or seen if Center Ice Online will be available?
I certainly hope CI online will be. I attended the first Blues practice and it took seven different shooters before the biscuit went in the basket during the Shoot Out Drill. I really want to see more than just the Blues play this year!

Since you had CI last year, I assume you had it with Dish, than you will be automatically renewed. You should already have received a letter from Dish explaining this. I got this letter last month and have already paid the first installment. I am paying in 3 installments of $53.00 each
Any way the early bird price is $159.00 and the regular price is $169.00

For all the hockey fans here, NHLNetwork will be showing the Canes vs Flyers game at the Spectrum saturday. Why this is important? The Flyers are playing at the Spectrum to commemorate the final season of the Spectrum, they couldnt get a regular season game in it due to the inability to fit season ticket owners. They are having 11 former Team Captains on hand, the only one missing is Big E, because of prior plans.

Game is at 1pm.

Lets Go Caps!

With coach-of-the-year Bruce Boudreau in charge from the start of training camp, instead of coming in part way into the season like last year, the Capitals will play an exciting, inspired brand of hockey from the start.

A season's worth of experience for their young players like Backstrom, Semin and Green (most goals by a defenseman), Sergei Federov playing for the whole season instead of coming in at the trade deadline, Michael Nylander and Chris Clark healthy (both missed about the last half of last season) should pay dividends. The Caps still need to get better on defense and in goal.

Former season ticket holder of the Buffalo Bisons of the AHL in the late 50s, of the NY Rangers in the early 70s, and of the Capitals in their disastrous first season (which was caused by the terrible expansion draft rules the NHL imposed then - basically all existing teams could protect any of their players who were breathing) and several other years up to 2000. I have since moved too far from DC to attend games, but still in Dish Network's D.C. area so I get to watch all of the Caps' games.

I also played from age 13 to 54, and would still if there was a rink in my area.

Last edited:
Since you had CI last year, I assume you had it with Dish, than you will be automatically renewed. You should already have received a letter from Dish explaining this. I got this letter last month and have already paid the first installment. I am paying in 3 installments of $53.00 each
Any way the early bird price is $159.00 and the regular price is $169.00

Thank you for the help but I had CI Online through the computer last year (same price as CI for TV). I have not seen it available through NHL.com and was wondering if someone knew information for this year.:)

No TV

Sadly the 2008 Stanley Cup Champs will not have ANY pre-season games on TV ....
(according to teh Red Wings website)

Great way to promote the upcoming year :(

Jimbo

Sadly the 2008 Stanley Cup Champs will not have ANY pre-season games on TV ....
(according to teh Red Wings website)

Great way to promote the upcoming year :(

Jimbo

I'm surprised that they didn't do as the Ducks are doing tonight...the game will be broadcast on the Ducks' website only. I am expecting it will be free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts