NHL 2008-09 Season

While here, I must say, I really enjoyed CBC's coverage from Europe this Saturday, some good stuff. Think I now see why general hockey fans are such fans of Saturday night.

I saw a thread indicate that NHL Network will carry most of the HNIC from CBC this year - in HD.

I was disappointed that Versus only had the first Sunday game in HD. For the second they switched to golf coverage, and the hockey was SD only.

Jason,

who do you like in football?

God knows nobody can like the Lions.

I liked the Packers, but now realize I really just like Farve.

I like the Patriots, because of Tom Brady (Michigan days)

I liked the Giants, because Eli was such an underdog (but after last year, ugh).

I don't really know who to like these days, usually just watch the best matchups.

Which team in your favorite team's division will be the biggest problem for your team?

As a Sabre fan, it's got to be the Canadiens.

Which team in your favorite team's division will be the biggest problem for your team?

As a Sabre fan, it's got to be the Canadiens.

That's hard to say this year....
Being a Wings fan, normally I would say Nashville, but not lately, I actually think it could be the BlackHawks , I'd like to some day say teh Blue Jackets, but I don't see that happening this year either.

Jimbo

HD Net Games ?

I don't seem to see any NHL games on HDnet.

Does anybody know if HDnet will carry Thursday, and Saturday NHL games this season.

John

I saw a thread indicate that NHL Network will carry most of the HNIC from CBC this year - in HD.

I was disappointed that Versus only had the first Sunday game in HD. For the second they switched to golf coverage, and the hockey was SD only.

This would be awesome :up

Way to go Versus :confused:
What a great way to show you want to help promote the NHL and make yourself a respected network.
You have your chance to continue with the NHL, don't blow it.

ESPN will have Hockey back once the VS thing is over.

Jimbo

I don't seem to see any NHL games on HDnet.

Does anybody know if HDnet will carry Thursday, and Saturday NHL games this season.

John

John,
I was just on the website and there is not any mention of hockey that I could find, rather dissappointing ...
I sent Mark Cuban an email asking about it, hopefully well hear back from him soon.
He's always responded before, so here's hoping he can get some NHL on the network for us to enjoy :)

Jimbo

Time for some NHL Over/Under:

40 goals for Marian Hossa

42 wins for the Sabres

50 goals for Sidney Crosby

Under for Hossa, as there's too many other talented players in Detroit, and scoring will be more evenly distributed.

Under for Buffalo. (Sorry Sabres)

Under for Crosby, as he's more of a playmaker than a pure goal scorer. I can see him breaking 100 points though.

Under for Hossa, as there's too many other talented players in Detroit, and scoring will be more evenly distributed.

Under for Buffalo. (Sorry Sabres)

Under for Crosby, as he's more of a playmaker than a pure goal scorer. I can see him breaking 100 points though.

I agree,
Especially Hossa, if the Wings have a typical balanced team this year and Hossa has anywhere's near 40 goals, the Wings will be thrilled. :)
My guess for Hossa is , 20-30 goals, hopefully 70 pts

Jimbo

This is semi-hockey related:

Have any of you guys checked out 'The Hockey Show' on NHL.com?

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyshow/milbank.html

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyshow/

One of their reporters, Carrie Milbank, is SMOKING HOT:

carrie-milbank.jpg

Erin Andrews, eat your heart out.

For once, a HOT hockey reporter!

If she goes to a game in Buffalo... WOW!

Last edited:
What were Hossa's numbers last season?

Paul,
According to the stats I've seen, Hossa only played in 12 regular season games with Pittsburgh, scored 3 G, 7 A, 10 pts

He started the season in Atlanta, played 60 games, scored 26 G and 30 A for 56 pts.

He was a minus 14 for the year, hope the - is not a typical thing with him.

Jimbo

This is semi-hockey related:

Have any of you guys checked out 'The Hockey Show' on NHL.com?

NHL.com - The Hockey SHow

NHL.com - The Hockey SHow

One of their reporters, Carrie Milbank, is SMOKING HOT:

carrie-milbank.jpg

Erin Andrews, eat your heart out.

For once, a HOT hockey reporter!

If she goes to a game in Buffalo... WOW!

I would like to watch this and the sport needs a GOOD reporting show.
However, according to the link, it's on at 11:30 am, I've got to work, so no luck.
Does she wear this type of outfit for the show, maybe I'll have to consider retiring soon :D

Jimbo

Fun things to know and tell about the Stanley Cup:

Last team to repeat: Detroit Red Wings 1997-98.

Last 5 winners have all exited in the first round the following season.

I hope the Red Wings break that streak!

GO RED WINGS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)