NHL 2008-09 Season

Visitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 28, 2006
The Big Apple
Hey SabresRule - if you were in town I'd give you my tickets for this afternoon's game with the Sabres in town since I won't be able to go (work). :) Ugh - I am not a fan of weekday games! It's Kids Day which I think a bunch of mascots from across the league show up which I actually always enjoyed personally. :)

Visitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 28, 2006
The Big Apple
The Sabres are smacking Joey MacDonald all the way back to Detroit. 7-1. OY! ..and counting!

I guess at least I get to see it in HD tonight on Time Warner. LOL!

Visitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 28, 2006
The Big Apple
Nice game, but I still think Buffalo will get exposed by the likes of Montreal, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Carolina, etc.

I heard there was big mayhem during the 2nd.....as documented in this pic:

mascots101308n.jpg

Hmm, I think I see Sabretooth in there somewhere...about to get his second game misconduct!

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Bruins lose a 4-3 shootout to the Canadiens in Montreal. At least they got a point out of it.

Bruins are now 1-1-1, and play one more on the road in Ottawa on Saturday night, before finally playing their home opener next Monday night against the Penguins.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Bruins lose a 4-3 shootout to the Canadiens in Montreal. At least they got a point out of it.

Bruins are now 1-1-1, and play one more on the road in Ottawa on Saturday night, before finally playing their home opener next Monday night against the Penguins.

I hate shoot outs ....
You bust your ass all night and have it come down to a break away contest.
Takes all the Team work out of the game.
The Defensive guy is left on the bench ...

Lets go back to playing full periods.
Go to 4 on 4 for a whole period, or sudden death anyways.

Also, get rid of the losing team in an OT game getting a point, it would make the end of a lot of games more interesting, currently a lot of teams if the score is tied with 5 to go, just go thru the motions to get into OT, knowing that both teams get at least a point.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)