NHL 2008-09 Season

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3703077"]Tampa Bay Lightning fire Barry Melrose as coach - ESPN[/ame]

I knew this was a bad idea.

GO BACK TO ESPN, BARRY!

That had to be the most impressive win for the Jackets this year. I didn't see it, but to go on the road and beat a good team like that, well....

Getting Leclaire back must have fired them up, although he certainly did not score all those goals!

Pens trade Sydor for power boost

Pens trade Sydor for power boost

Many of his now former teammates have spoken admiringly of defenseman Darryl Sydor, who the Penguins traded Sunday to Dallas for defenseman Philippe Boucher.

Defenseman Ryan Whitney has consistently called Sydor "a true pro." During the playoffs last season, captain Sidney Crosby described Sydor as "a real leader by example."

Brooks Orpik, a leader of the Penguins' defense, paid Sydor the ultimate tribute yesterday.

Shero said yesterday he traded Sydor, in part, because Boucher, a right-handed shot, could help solidify a power-play attack that has struggled without Whitney and fellow injured defenseman Sergei Gonchar.

The Penguins' 11th-ranked power play is at 19.8 percent. However, it has gone just 7 for 48 (14.6 percent) over the past 11 games and rated last on the road yesterday at 9.1 percent.

Toss in five short-handed goals allowed, second worst among all teams, and the Penguins clearly could use a power boost.

Center Evgeni Malkin has replaced Gonchar (left shoulder) on the left point. Rookie defenseman Alex Goligoski has worked the right point, which last year was manned by either Malkin or Whitney (left foot).

"It's up to the coaches, but (Boucher) gives us a little more of an option back there," Shero said. "He's had experience working the point."

Read more here.

Pens trade Sydor for power boost - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Thanks. Another Christmas gift hint I can drop to the family. :)

Good God those are UGLY :eek:

Jimbo

Rather "foofy" for men's NHL, IMHO....

biteme6yx.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)