NHL 2008-09 Season

OMG!!! I had no idea. Thye probably mentioned it early on but I came into the game midway 2nd period. I don't mean to offend anyone if they are the originals I am sure they are special to certain fans.

The Pens wore those same unis at the outdoor game last Jan 1st.
I think that they look really good.

OMG!!! I had no idea. Thye probably mentioned it early on but I came into the game midway 2nd period. I don't mean to offend anyone if they are the originals I am sure they are special to certain fans.

No offense, the penguins came into the league (The second six), with those colors, in 1980 after the Steelers won the Superbowl and the Pirates won the World Series, they decided to change to Black and Gold.

The Bruins protested saying they were the original team with black and gold, but the Pittsburgh Pirates hockey club in the late 1920's wore black and gold.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Team - Uniform History

No offense, the penguins came into the league (The second six), with those colors, in 1980 after the Steelers won the Superbowl and the Pirates won the World Series, they decided to change to Black and Gold.

The Bruins protested saying they were the original team with black and gold, but the Pittsburgh Pirates hockey club in the late 1920's wore black and gold.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Team - Uniform History

Powder Blue ????

Are you serious ...

I'm sure everyone's just about seen this, but I think it deserves mention here... :) Habs Ryan O'Byrne's first goal this year last night comes through his own net on a delayed penalty call. Talk about stealing two points (or at least one) from Montreal!

Definitely amongst the most memorable hi(low)lights of the year!!

[youtube]L9JtNIwyWOw[/youtube]

With Brian Burke set to be officially announced as new general manager of the Maple Leafs at a press conference on Saturday (streamed live on TSN.ca at 2pm et/11am pt), Cliff Fletcher's time in his current role with Toronto is drawing to a close. On Friday, the interim GM spoke to TSN's Darren Dreger on his AM640 Toronto radio show.

Cliff Fletcher did an amazing job with what he was able to do. If only he was able to deal the players that had the NTC, the Leafs would of had some great draft pics, not to mention Jeff Carter!

Burke is a traitor!

Not at all, Sabres. This is a great fit for him and it permits the "changing of the guard" at the Ducks to go as they had been building for. We at the Ducks as fans and organization members have nothing but great things and memories re: Burkie. He brought us The Stanley Cup...who can ask for more?

So far, I like Montreal and Boston out of the East and San Jose and Detroit out of the West...with a number of others teams playing solid hockey. San Jose has been the the most impressive and consistent team, but the biggest surprise (for me) is how sloppy the Wings have been with their puck handling. Yep, they still have an excellent record, but they haven't fired on all eight cylinders so far this season. Anyway, it should be an interesting season going forward.

So far, I like Montreal and Boston out of the East and San Jose and Detroit out of the West...with a number of others teams playing solid hockey. San Jose has been the the most impressive and consistent team, but the biggest surprise (for me) is how sloppy the Wings have been with their puck handling. Yep, they still have an excellent record, but they haven't fired on all eight cylinders so far this season. Anyway, it should be an interesting season going forward.

Long time to May (Playoffs) ....
They only need to make the playoffs.

Thats said, your right,they need to play crisp hockey and we haven't seen that much this year.

SEAN AVERY SHOOTS HIS MOUTH OFF AGAIN!

From tmz.com:

Hockey Fun Fact: You can punch the hell out of an opposing player on the ice, but when you refer to his girlfriend as your "sloppy seconds" -- that's where the NHL draws the line.

Moments ago, the NHL suspended hockey's most hated player, Sean Avery, for talking trash to the new player dating his ex girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert.

Here's the deal -- Cuthbert's new boyfriend, Dion Phaneuf, plays for the Calgary Flames -- and during a practice session in Calgary today, Avery got the media's attention and said the following:

"I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Avery is out pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gay Bettman.

From tmz.com:

Hockey Fun Fact: You can punch the hell out of an opposing player on the ice, but when you refer to his girlfriend as your "sloppy seconds" -- that's where the NHL draws the line.

Moments ago, the NHL suspended hockey's most hated player, Sean Avery, for talking trash to the new player dating his ex girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert.

Here's the deal -- Cuthbert's new boyfriend, Dion Phaneuf, plays for the Calgary Flames -- and during a practice session in Calgary today, Avery got the media's attention and said the following:

"I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Avery is out pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gay Bettman.

He's like Chad Johnson, only less talented (Ocho Cinco, until recently, WAS productive as a wideout- what has Avery EVER done?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)