NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

I'm done all together with Hockey. Never was a huge huge fan.

I am in it for the long haul. Besides being one of my favorite sports it is the one sport that my wife will actually watch with me. If the season is canceled then I will miss all of the date nights with my wife this year. We will need to find something else to do for our date nights.

I am in it for the long haul. Besides being one of my favorite sports it is the one sport that my wife will actually watch with me. If the season is canceled then I will miss all of the date nights with my wife this year. We will need to find something else to do for our date nights.

Yeah, things like that would suck. It would be like me and my wife going to UK basketball games.

Along with Ice, I'm also a huge college hockey fan...and they never go on strike. I hope to visit the newly renovated Yost Arena this season. :)

I also plan on going to a few OSU games this year even though I really don't care about them. Figure it is better than no hockey at all.

It would be WONDERFUL if someone could post (when announced) broadcast schedules of any of the College, AHL, etc. hockey games that one might find on an RSN or the like. Thanks in advance.

i would wish the NHL Network would show a AHL/Junior Hockey 1 or 2 game a night, and now these leagues got tv broadcasting, even in Junior Hockey, you buy every game over the internet

It would be WONDERFUL if someone could post (when announced) broadcast schedules of any of the College, AHL, etc. hockey games that one might find on an RSN or the like. Thanks in advance.

KHL is being broadcast on ESPN3

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/10/2/3443426/khl-espn-tv-hockey-alex-ovechkin-ilya-kovalchuk

Here is the list of KHL matchups that will be available:

Dynamo Moscow vs Ak Bars on Oct. 3;
Lev vs SKA on Oct. 6;
Slovan vs Dynamo Moscow on Oct. 7;
CSKA vs SKA on Oct. 8;
Lev vs Dynamo Moscow on Oct. 9.

Listen guys, not like I have any "insider info" here ('cause I really don't!) but yesterday I was speaking with an operations person in one of our SoCal NHL teams and when asked about the lockout his quick, terse reply was "Not before December!". That response gave me the chills.:(

The players know the NHL will cave by mid-December in order to save the winter classic as its a ratings cash cow for NBC. I don’t care how stubborn Buttman, I mean Bettman is, the NHL won't risk alienating NBC and their billion dollar deal. Pissing all over Canada is one thing, but not on NBC.

Cheers, K

PS- I don’t care much for this former NBA deputy commissioner. It will always be the Norris, Smyth, Patrick and Adams divisions and Campbell and Wales conferences in my book.

I know Bettman is the face of the NHL but he answers to the owners he doesn't just do what he wants. Fehr drug this out all summer hoping for a lockout so he could say the players want to play blame the owners. If there wasn't a lockout he probably would have waited until just before the playoffs and had the players walk.

I'm hoping for a resolution by the end of the year, football will keep my attention in the meantime.

i know Dan Bylsma,Bill Guerin, and Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson is spending this Saturday night in Erie at a OHL game

The players know the NHL will cave by mid-December in order to save the winter classic as its a ratings cash cow for NBC. I don’t care how stubborn Buttman, I mean Bettman is, the NHL won't risk alienating NBC and their billion dollar deal. Pissing all over Canada is one thing, but not on NBC.

Cheers, K

PS- I don’t care much for this former NBA deputy commissioner. It will always be the Norris, Smyth, Patrick and Adams divisions and Campbell and Wales conferences in my book.

Good point! NBC Sports needs some sports programming, and they're not going to be happy if they're having to show Ping Pong and Hacky Sack tournaments. Regardless, I'm won't be watching the NHL this season if they don't come to an agreement by 15 October. I don't need this schtuff once again.

Good point! NBC Sports needs some sports programming, and they're not going to be happy if they're having to show Ping Pong and Hacky Sack tournaments. Regardless, I'm won't be watching the NHL this season if they don't come to an agreement by 15 October. I don't need this schtuff once again.

I will, IF there is hockey, after the Super Bowl.

I say again...what these a%$*ole multi-millionares don't realize or care about are the thousands of jobs being held in limbo by their greed. This is truly, truly sinful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)