NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

Someone here..a regular poster...use to post how "stable hockey was" over baseball and that baseball should do this and that....hmmmm! Now...look who has been stable now...

I feel bad for hockey fans...I hope this gets resolved soon.

I think the NHL likes a shorter schedule and this is one way to have one again.
50 games sounds about right, just hope they don't go to games every other day, save that for the playoffs.

This is just stupid. Not all the fans have come back since the last lock out. They are going to kill the game.

NHL announced today that effective 10/1 it's employees (meaning team employees, too) will be forced to take a 20% pay cut and work 4 day work weeks UFN. This is the s^*t that really gets to me. These multi-millionares are screaming about mere precentages of revenue while these "little people" will suffer making their mortgage payments and making ends meet.

NHL announced today that effective 10/1 it's employees (meaning team employees, too) will be forced to take a 20% pay cut and work 4 day work weeks UFN. This is the s^*t that really gets to me. These multi-millionares are screaming about mere precentages of revenue while these "little people" will suffer making their mortgage payments and making ends meet.

I agree that it is crap but it is better than them just laying off everybody until this is resolved.

On a side note the NHL just canceled all preseason games that were to held in September.

"The owners can basically be viewed as the ranch, and the players, and me included, are the cattle.

"The owners own the ranch and allow the players to eat there. That's the way it's always been and that the way it will be forever. And the owners simply aren't going to let a union push them around. It's not going to happen."

Red Wings, senior vice president Jim Devellano regarding the lockout.

THIS drew a $ 250,000 fine from the league ...

What is becoming of this league ?

Tonight was supposed to be the first set of preseason games for the season. :(

Going to have some major hockey withdrawals very soon.

"The owners can basically be viewed as the ranch, and the players, and me included, are the cattle.

"The owners own the ranch and allow the players to eat there. That's the way it's always been and that the way it will be forever. And the owners simply aren't going to let a union push them around. It's not going to happen."

Red Wings, senior vice president Jim Devellano regarding the lockout.

THIS drew a $ 250,000 fine from the league ...

What is becoming of this league ?

Damn! As a fan I have always viewed by role as being a Farmville app user... ;)

Tonight was supposed to be the first set of preseason games for the season. :(

Going to have some major hockey withdrawals very soon.

Absolutely! I feel sorry for the kids...I cannot image a young lad growing up without lacing-up a pair of skates, skating up and down the ice, and checking your mates into a snow bank and perhaps throwing a few elbows along the way. Well, if nothing else at least we'll have college hockey. ;)

Going to go down to the Arena District tonight for dinner and help support the establishments that are being impacted the most by the lockout.

It is also interesting that the reality company that owns all of the buildings in the arena district is cutting the restaurants and bars rent in 1/2 during the lockout. Hopefully these little businesses will be able to with stand another season without hockey. It would be a shame for many of them to go out of business due to this lockout.

This is what we went thru last year without NBA until what was it? late November??? I remember that L.A. Live was very much impacted on non-hockey nights. But once the NBA returned, it was happily business as usual and, thanks to the Kings, well into the post season. I hope this is resolved soon. BTW, will we be getting more AHL hockey on our RSN's as long as the lockout continues? It seems like most teams have their AHL affiliates chuck-full with NHL players now.

I wonder if the leagues attitude would change if NBC Sports were to threaten terminating their contract with the NHL? All I can say is that if the parties don't come to an agreement soon (mid-October at the latest) then I'm done with the NHL this season.

The NHL and NHLPA are set to sit down this Friday to pick back up negotiations. I personally don't think much will be accomplished but at least they are sitting back down to talk.

Remainder of the preseason games have officially been canceled.... Up next will be regular season games.

I'm not merely pissing in the pot this year....if an agreement isn't reached by 15 October I will boycott the 2012-2013 season. I'm sick of this schtuff...

I'm done all together with Hockey. Never was a huge huge fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)