Nhl center ice -fox dispute?

I used NHL Gamecenter Live last year and it was great. I chose it over CI because I could take my subscription anywhere and watch on my laptop. I know some don't want to view games on PC but this year the games can be sent from a PS3 to your TV. Just offering up an alternative.

I used NHL Gamecenter Live last year and it was great. I chose it over CI because I could take my subscription anywhere and watch on my laptop. I know some don't want to view games on PC but this year the games can be sent from a PS3 to your TV. Just offering up an alternative.

Since it is over the net, i'd be curious at what the quality of the video would be coming from the PS3 via NHL Gamecenter Live.

I want to see the games in crystal-clear HD

Well the same company that did MLB TV through the Playstation is doing the NHL. I got that and I was amazed at the image quality. You can always try it for 5 days and if you don't like it you can cancel it. The app for the PS3 should hit PSN tomorrow.

Edited to Add: I routinely get about 6.5 Mbps from my DSL so I guess the PQ would also suffer if you have a slower connection.

Last edited:
Well the same company that did MLB TV through the Playstation is doing the NHL. I got that and I was amazed at the image quality. You can always try it for 5 days and if you don't like it you can cancel it. The app for the PS3 should hit PSN tomorrow.

Edited to Add: I routinely get about 6.5 Mbps from my DSL so I guess the PQ would also suffer if you have a slower connection.

I have FiOS with a great connection so I can take whatever the NHL can throw at me.

I'll check it out. Thanks!!!!

I see games are showing up in the guide now under the CI channels (625+)

For friday's game vs. Anaheim, it only shows the Anaheim feed in SD. This is not a good sign.

EDIT: Actually..It says the Detroit feed in SD which is Fox Sports Detroit. This is good news. None of the feeds they are showing HD so I'm guessing that will come later.

Dish.jpg

I just checked and there is a Detroit HD feed but I can't find any Anaheim feed.

Since it is over the net, i'd be curious at what the quality of the video would be coming from the PS3 via NHL Gamecenter Live.

I want to see the games in crystal-clear HD
I was not impressed with the quality of GameCenter live for anything outside of "emergency" viewing last year. I think the NeuLion codec works fine for MLB because the relative amount of change within the frame is still somewhat limited in baseball. With hockey there is so much panning left to right that macroblocking becomes a very real issue.

I would be very surprised if streaming via the PS3 were to provide anything better than streaming via a computer hooked up to a TV, unless they expand the max codec bitrate beyond what they were supporting last year.

I just checked and there is a Detroit HD feed but I can't find any Anaheim feed.

When I first started working at dish they use to have the MLB Extra Innings. Ever since dish hasn't had the YES network any many years, any time some one wanted to watch the Yankees had to watch them on their opponent's network feed(example: New York vs Boston would have to be watch on Boston's RSN feed and Yankee fans hated that).Dish hasn't been able to settle with the owners of the YES network to get that channel back on. The YES network feed on MLB Extra Innings wasn't blacked out. It just didn't exsist on dish

I see a few HD feeds over the next couple of days. The question is, what will happen when you actually try to view them. if they are Fox RSN feeds.

I've done the Center Ice package for about three years now but just called to drop it.

If I can't see my team's 65 in-market games then there's no point in seeing the few out of market. Hopefully they get this worked out ASAP.

I've done the Center Ice package for about three years now but just called to drop it.

If I can't see my team's 65 in-market games then there's no point in seeing the few out of market. Hopefully they get this worked out ASAP.

there is the free preview till 10/24 too -- maybe that'll allow enough time to sort this out.

Looking at the dish guide for center ice it shows feeds listed that originate from the runs affected by the dispute. So I'm guessing there will be no significant impact for OUT of area fans except when they play the 'local' team to you

Is there any coverage map of what teams consider their local markets?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)