NHL Season 2013-14

So the Wings lost yesterday. They're still 7th in the east but with only 4 games left, will they get into the playoffs at all? My feeling is a 50/50 shot.

Oh, the way they are currently playing, I would give them a 80% chance of getting in the playoffs ... MUCH better than a previous post I made about a month ago ...

Oh, the way they are currently playing, I would give them a 80% chance of getting in the playoffs ... MUCH better than a previous post I made about a month ago ...

4 games left I believe.
Win 2 out of 4 and they are in ... they probably could make it in winning just 1, but 2 would be safer.

Upcoming games :

@ Buffalo Tuesday
@ Pittsburgh Wednesday
Carloina Friday
@St. Louis Sunday (this one will be a great game, old time combatants with alot on the line ) With St. Louis having nothing to play for, maybe they rest some and go thru the motions ...

I give 'em credit for coming back to tie the game after being down 3-0. Hopefully, we'll start another winning streak against the Sabres on Tuesday. :)

2 weeks prior, the Habs were down 4-1 w/ 4 minutes to go and won it in OT. Habs are a well balanced team despite their 4th line grinders all being out w/ injuries.

Hats off to Babcock though, he's got my vote for the Jack Adams award for all the injuries he's had to deal with

2 weeks prior, the Habs were down 4-1 w/ 4 minutes to go and won it in OT. Habs are a well balanced team despite their 4th line grinders all being out w/ injuries.

Hats off to Babcock though, he's got my vote for the Jack Adams award for all the injuries he's had to deal with

Babcock for Jack Adams award really. Dan Bylasma and the pens have a 100 more man loss games over Detroit who is 2nd in missed games. Bylasma should win the award

I'm more worried of having to deal with Sidney Crosby tomorrow than dealing with the stupid Sabres. Either way if the Wings can win all 4 of their games, it'll secure their 7th place spot.
Magic Number for the Wings in the Playoffs is down to 1 with the win tonight.

3 games, 1 point needed, looks good at this point. :)

Babcock for Jack Adams award really. Dan Bylasma and the pens have a 100 more man loss games over Detroit who is 2nd in missed games. Bylasma should win the award

But Bylasma has God on his team, so he's expected to win ... doesn't get consideration ...

Much like Babcock when he had the Big guns.

Blue Jackets knock the Leafs and Sens out of the playoffs with a win against Phoenix tonight.

Their magic number is 2 with 3 games left to play. Only issue is the will have had to play 5 games in 7 days to end the season.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Blue Jackets knock the Leafs and Sens out of the playoffs with a win against Phoenix tonight.

Their magic number is 2 with 3 games left to play. Only issue is the will have had to play 5 games in 7 days to end the season.

Heres hoping the Wings and Jackets make the playoffs !

Have both teams made the playoffs the same year yet ?
I'm thinking maybe once.

On a side not Nathan Horton will be the first player in NHL history to score a goal and not even dress for the game.

I missed this one, please explain ...

He is hurt and most likely won't play against the Stars tomorrow. He scored the only goal in the game that was postponed last month. The game will begin 1-0 with Horton credited with the goal.

Magic Number for the Wings in the Playoffs is down to 1 with the win tonight.

3 games, 1 point needed, looks good at this point. :)

Nice win tonight on the road. As an added bonus, the Sabres are one of the few teams the Wings did not have an all-time winning record against starting this season. This is because the Wings were not a good team during the mid-70s to late-80s (Buffalo team didn't form until 1970) and the Wings-Sabres have played very little over the past 25-years since the Wings were moved to the Western Conference. Anyway, we went 4-0 against the Sabres this season which may very well give us a winning record. :) Go Wings!

Heres hoping the Wings and Jackets make the playoffs !

Have both teams made the playoffs the same year yet ?
I'm thinking maybe once.

Once. They played in the opening round and the wings swept the series.

He is hurt and most likely won't play against the Stars tomorrow. He scored the only goal in the game that was postponed last month. The game will begin 1-0 with Horton credited with the goal.

Gotcha ...
Why was it postponed ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)