nimiq 91

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

currie

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
texas
i live outside san antonio, i've had bell express vue working awesome for 2+ years. then the other day i dont know if my dogs bumped it or what but i lost connection. i've had a satelite guy outhere twice and he says he has it on his bird dog but nothing is coming in. help please.

welcome :wave

Bell put up a new satellite which pretty much covers only Canada and a few border states
http://www.satelliteguys.us/canadia...286726-91w-nimiq-6-completely-active-now.html

and a more technical aspect
Bell has just launched its new NIMIQ 6 satellite to 91 West, creating a reduced coverage area that is even more limited than that of NIMIQ 4 at 82 West. If you are more than 150 to 200 miles from Canadian soil, it will be next to impossible to keep reliable service, even on a mid-sized (3-4 foot) Ku-band antenna.

The reality of this situation is that Bell simply does not want to deal with Canadian snowbirds that are vacationing outside of Canada, or anyone else in the U.S. They have repeatedly taken steps to shed customers that they cannot control, and this latest move is the final step in physically limiting the coverage of their service.

thanks Iceberg, what in your opinion is my next option should i get shaw, telus, rogers or any other satelite company that can get me my canadian hockey and local channels while i'm down here.

need to buy shaw direct equipment.

i'm outside san antonio, is there a place around the us, where i can get shaw direct equipment. or do i have to go back home to alberta and buy them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts