Nintendo Revolution Specs

Sorry Korsjs I am not really a gamer.
But with a MSFT unit costing so little why would a person go to Nintendo which will have limited 3rd party support and pretty equal pricing for current generation hardware?

How is microsoft, which is losing money on every console, going to get the price down to $150 in a year? That has never happened, and it will won't happen here. If they dropped it that much, that soon, it would say "we're afraid" and that's the last thing they want to do. They're already going to be cheaper than ps3 and have 2nd generation games out (halo 3 anyone?), they have nothing to fear from ps3's launch. Pretty games sell, we know that, but will anything at ps3 launch have substance in the gameplay? Who knows. Any report at this point in time about what will happen in 9 months is absolutely to be taken with a grain of salt...

rtt2 said:
Sorry Korsjs I am not really a gamer.
But with a MSFT unit costing so little why would a person go to Nintendo which will have limited 3rd party support and pretty equal pricing for current generation hardware?
You should read around some gaming sites. There are lots of 3rd party developers highly supportive about the system. Game development costs are also alot less then the 360 & PS3 which would allow a greater variety of games to be made for the system; now game sales could be a fraction of the 360's or PS3's to make the same amount of profit. And with the price being at $150-$200, expect greater console sales. If that doesn't catch developers eyes, nothing will.

For what you can get an XBOX 360 for you could get a Nintendo Revolution and several games for the same price or still buy some games and still have less money in it than what you would in the 360.

I could have bought a gamecube and at least 1 game, but I bought a new pstwo instead to replace my already-f'd up version7 ps2...

Nintendo is usually the 3rd choice anymore for a reason. Sure it's cheap, but you get what you pay for. You really have to love zelda and mario because you don't get as many games on the system. PS2 and Xbox may not have as high a percentage of 5 star games, but they have more 4 star and 3 star games. It works out.

I think it will do well. At least it has a large target audience. I think it will be years before a large amount of people are willing to spend 300-500 dollars on an HD game system. Just as it will take years for the majority to even own one HDTV. Microsoft and SOny may be the real ones in trouble here. BTW, Last time I checked the regular Xbox played HD games.

Last edited:
Been a Nintendo fan for a very long time, I have had every system since they started, I dont know though, I was changing the channels with my remote the other day and decided to hold my arm up and pretend that I was playing a Nintendo Rev. game, very uncomfortable. I think this will be the first time in years that I dont get Nintendo's next gen console....

MattJ2124, hold your arms out with a regular controller while you play and it too will be uncomfortable. Rest it on your leg/lap and you're good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts