Nmadi Asomugha becomes unrestricted free agent!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nah, not talking about Pro Bowls, I'm talking All-Pro.

The AP, Professional Football Writers Asociation and the Sporting News all unanimously chose Revis and Woodson last year. So he was obviously not 'considered by all' to be one of the top two CB's in the league last year.

Sandra

It's a popularity contest none the less by Sports writers. Also take into consideration something you said yourself....the Raiders were not worth looking at because they were terrible....no doubt there. IF the JETS sucked just as bad as the Raiders had, Revis would get just as little pub as Nnamdi has. When coaches refuses to throw to the left side of the Raiders defense. Only 11 times all this year and approx. 25-35 the previous 3 years. That speaks for it's self.

Ha ha...wishful thinking.

Playoffs??????

Oakland?????

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

Not really..... He is a man of his word and I believe him that the Raiders still have a chance as good as any to sign him. He is a class act. As far as playoffs, it will happen before the Donkey do.:p

It's a popularity contest none the less by Sports writers.

So you dismiss the entire All-Pro process voted on by all professional football writers because your guy didn't make it. Gotcha. You're on Salsadancer Island on that one.

And if/when Asomugha makes first team all pro this year either with Revis or in place of Revis because he had an incomplete season, you'll still dismiss that too, right?

Sure you will. :rolleyes:

Also take into consideration something you said yourself....the Raiders were not worth looking at because they were terrible....no doubt there. IF the JETS sucked just as bad as the Raiders had, Revis would get just as little pub as Nnamdi has.

So according to you Asomugha did not make first team All-Pro in 2009 because the Raiders were bad...5-11. Yet he DID make first team All-Pro in 2008 when the Raiders were...wait for it...5-11! Epic failure there. :facepalm

And Asomugha had a grand total of one interception in 2008 when he made first team, which means those silly sports writers must have figured it out all by themselves.

When coaches refuses to throw to the left side of the Raiders defense. Only 11 times all this year and approx. 25-35 the previous 3 years. That speaks for it's self.

Well with all of the inaccuracies in your post so far, it's difficult to believe these stats...and don't forget, because Oakland is bad, teams pass LESS against the Raiders IN GENERAL...not just your boy. ;)

Approx. 25-35? What kind of stat is that????????? Make up your mind, 25 or 35! Sounds like something made up...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:
Well upon further review, the owls are not what they seem on this one:

1. Asomugha plays one side of the field, he does not line up with a specific receiver like Revis usually does. SOMEBODY here forgot to mention that. If a team wants to keep their best receiver away from Asomugha, it's easy...just go to the other side of the field. Can't do that against Revis, he follows the guy he's covering wherever he goes.

2. The Raiders' other cornerbacks have not been very good, so it's very easy to avoid Asomugha and pick on somebody else. Revis is playing on a defense that has other talented cornerbacks, so avoiding Revis can still get you in trouble.

3. Unlike the Raiders, the Jets have played with a lot of leads the last two years, so on occasion they go into 'prevent', which allows short completions. Case in point was the game on Sunday against New England, where the Jets were OK with the Patriots driving down the field at 28-14 as long as they took time off the clock doing so. This forces the corners back and artificially inflates passing and receiving stats, which is why quoting stats for a CB is ridiculous. The Raiders have not gone into 'prevent' very much recently.

4. As stated before, Asomugha has NEVER played in a playoff game, against the best teams with the best QB's and the best receivers on the biggest stage. He has never really played in a big regular season game for that matter, in his eight year career. It's a different world.

5. I like Asomugha, I really do, and I would like him on the Jets at the right price. That said, at his age I would not want to commit to too many years.

Sandra

Last edited:
Well upon further review, the owls are not what they seem on this one...

Let's further review, shall we....

1. Asomugha plays one side of the field, he does not line up with a specific receiver like Revis usually does. SOMEBODY here forgot to mention that. If a team wants to keep their best receiver away from Asomugha, it's easy...just go to the other side of the field. Can't do that against Revis, he follows the guy he's covering wherever he goes.
Good point. But teams, LIKE Arizona this year(2 catches, for Larry Fitzgerald), Denver(2 games, Brandon Lloyd and Jabbar Gaffney, between the both 6 catches) Pittsburgh(Hines Ward, 2 catches) and Indianapolis(Reggie Wayne, 3 catches) they STILL challenged him. Those are some of the better to Elite WR in the league....and they tried and not very successfull. ;)

2. The Raiders' other cornerbacks have not been very good, so it's very easy to avoid Asomugha and pick on somebody else. Revis is playing on a defense that has other talented cornerbacks, so avoiding Revis can still get you in trouble.

Raiders corners THIS year were rated #1 against pass completion percentage as posted by the top rated Stats, Inc. LAST YEAR, the Raiders pass defense was ranked 7th in the league...as bad as the team was. And the season before that, it was STILL a top ten pass defense. And the year before THAT, it was ranked 8th. And the year before THAT, it was #1 in the NFL. SO, the Raiders pass defense has been ranked in the top ten EVERY since the 2006 season.

So apparently, that statement of your about the Raiders pass defense not being very good goes to show you that you inventing things and pulling them from who knows what.... So with ALL those years with the Raiders pass defense ranked in the top ten....is that telling something?? HHMMMM???!!!

3. Unlike the Raiders, the Jets have played with a lot of leads the last two years, so on occasion they go into 'prevent', which allows short completions. Case in point was the game on Sunday against New England, where the Jets were OK with the Patriots driving down the field at 28-14 as long as they took time off the clock doing so. This forces the corners back and artificially inflates passing and receiving stats, which is why quoting stats for a CB is ridiculous. The Raiders have not gone into 'prevent' very much recently.

Another misleading statement. The Raiders, even when they were a good team and had leads in the past, they have NEVER been known to pay prevent because Raiders CB throughout heir thistory have ALWAYS taken pride in playing man-to-man. That was Raider football....always been and always will be.

4. As stated before, Asomugha has NEVER played in a playoff game, against the best teams with the best QB's and the best receivers on the biggest stage. He has never really played in a big regular season game for that matter, in his eight year career. It's a different world.

Maybe not in the biggest stages like a playoff, but HAS played and HAS shutdown some of the best WR since he came to Oakland...so to state he has NOT played and shutdown big time players is false. The last few games when the Raiders STILL had a breath to possibly make the playoffs, he shutdown some big name WRs in playoff type type atmosphere.

5. .... at his age I would not want to commit to too many years.

The only thing I agree with.:cool:

Hey salsa what about Andre Johnson!? He is kinda good.. He got 0!:D:up

Well, that was the year last season...was trying to work on the this season. Funny how it was mentioned how "bad" the Raiders secondary had been in the past when they have been ranked in the top ten for the last 5 or 6 years....hmmmm....how ironic, those are the years Nnamdi has been in our secondary..... I wonder...;)

Well, he WAS making $15.1 million/year. Great player, but that's a lot for a corner.

Sandra

And now he's on the market.... I'm sure his talents will be secured by someone for considerably less Samolians. I still think he would look good in Honolulu Blue and Silver. He would free up our 13th pick for a much needed LB, like the kid from UCLA. Our defense is a couple of players away (a shutdown corner, and a LB) from being a very good unit.

And now he's on the market.... I'm sure his talents will be secured by someone for considerably less Samolians. I still think he would look good in Honolulu Blue and Silver. He would free up our 13th pick for a much needed LB, like the kid from UCLA. Our defense is a couple of players away (a shutdown corner, and a LB) from being a very good unit.

He will clearly make anyone's pass defense good.

Well, that was the year last season...was trying to work on the this season. Funny how it was mentioned how "bad" the Raiders secondary had been in the past when they have been ranked in the top ten for the last 5 or 6 years....hmmmm....how ironic, those are the years Nnamdi has been in our secondary..... I wonder...;)
They played this year!

Good news! First team all-Pro was just announced...Revis and Asomugha...look who's popular now! ;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)