NO CBS in Houston Either...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No CBS in Houston Either

Soundteck said:
So much for Sunday Football... Not to mention CSI... GRRRRRR:mad:

Could you give us a little context about your post?

Are you complaining that the D* HD LILs do not include the local CBS affiliate (channel 11) or what?

Ho HD Local CBS

Yes I was complaining that after the long wait Houston still will be with-out the HD CBS local channel (according to the DIRECTV website) I can not use an OTA because I am about 45 miles from the transmitters (25 miles from houston but for cheaper land deals they put the tall towers on the Southwest Side of town) in a highly forested area.. so that is not an option.

No CBS in Houston Either

Soundteck said:
Yes I was complaining that after the long wait Houston still will be with-out the HD CBS local channel (according to the DIRECTV website) I can not use an OTA because I am about 45 miles from the transmitters (25 miles from houston but for cheaper land deals they put the tall towers on the Southwest Side of town) in a highly forested area.. so that is not an option.

What you're saying about the location of the antenna farm is incorrect.

The antenna farm for CBS (and almost all the other major Houston stations) is in Missouri City, Texas which is an old rice field. There are no trees in the area and haven't been for the last 50-60 years.

I live in Kingwood, NE of Houston and I'm app. 45 miles (as the crow flies) from the antenna farm. I get CBS via a powered OTA up in my attic. I consistently get low-mid 90 readings on all the local stations, except NBC which is in the low-mid 80s. Kingwood is a heavily forested area with a lot of really tall pine trees.

Try a good quality OTA. You might be surprised what you get!

Hey Soundteck,
I am also in Houston and am doing a self install of the AT9 dish, but I don't have an H20 yet. Could you tell me what the elevation and tilt shows on your receiver? I think i may have it figured out from this link http://emantechnology.com/lookangle.asp , but I want to be sure before trying to aim it. From the lookangle link, using Directv 101 and my zip code, the elevation shows 54.7 and the tilt shows 9.5, which would be the 80.5 tick mark on the dish.
Thanks.

No CBS in Houston Either

Lynskyn said:
Hey Soundteck,
I am also in Houston and am doing a self install of the AT9 dish, but I don't have an H20 yet. Could you tell me what the elevation and tilt shows on your receiver? I think i may have it figured out from this link http://emantechnology.com/lookangle.asp , but I want to be sure before trying to aim it. From the lookangle link, using Directv 101 and my zip code, the elevation shows 54.7 and the tilt shows 9.5, which would be the 80.5 tick mark on the dish.
Thanks.

I remember reading somewhere that, if you put in that you have one of the old single LNB dishes, the coordinates that any D* receiver will give you will be correct for the new 5 LNB dish.

Someone please correct me if that's wrong--can't remember where I read it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)