No Dish Network for me

Bored

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hickory, NC
Bummer....no Dish service for me. Set up an appointment with Dishstore (awesome customer service btw) and the tech came this morning. Said no way around my trees that he could see so the supervisor came out to look. Even with two satellite dishes he said he couldn't guarantee service.

And I can't cut the trees down :(

Was really looking forward to having real HD Service.....

You know I have done hundreds of dish and wild blue installs and have never found a site where I could not install the service, I must be one of the luck ones. BTW, I have never needed to put 2 dishes up because of LOS. Extra lucky huh?

You know I have done hundreds of dish and wild blue installs and have never found a site where I could not install the service, I must be one of the luck ones. BTW, I have never needed to put 2 dishes up because of LOS. Extra lucky huh?
Its your location apparently so yes you must be one in a million.

Must be a huge difference between Nebraska vs. wherever the OP lives, as far as trees and overall geography. :p
Nebraska versus North Carolina is vastly diferent, the poster is probably in an area that has alot of old growth pines or hardwood that have been kept for shade purposes. There are many area's down here where you can find tree's that would make you twitch and its common to find homes that are engulfed in tree's not seeing sunlight till late November.

Bummer....no Dish service for me. Set up an appointment with Dishstore (awesome customer service btw) and the tech came this morning. Said no way around my trees that he could see so the supervisor came out to look. Even with two satellite dishes he said he couldn't guarantee service.

And I can't cut the trees down :(

Was really looking forward to having real HD Service.....

Maybe you can't cut the trees down, but can you trim some branches off?

or talk to a neighbor about putting a dish on the other side of the trees?

that's what the folks across the street from me did. only one place to view the sky at all, so they all have dishs mounted there.

Across the street would be perfect, unfortunately we have no poles, everything is buried. I want Dish so bad too.

I will take a picture tonight of what it looks like to the south from my back porch.

Ok here is my townhouse on google earth.

sat.JPG

Negative, and the installer said that he could only install on the overhang, not the center of the roof which could possibly give me service. Nothing mounted over living spaces which I understand.

I will take a ground view shot onight.

I cant find it at the moment but there is a non penetrating roof mount thats designed for piched roofs that sits right at the ridgeline, I've seen it mostly on Vsat systems on truck stops in older buildings with pitched roofs. It looks just like a standard flat roof non pen mount but its larger and hinged in the middle.

Pics of the trees. All these were taken towards the satellite location the techs showed me.

From front of house facing position
medium.jpg

From back side of house facing position
medium.jpg

From back deck where I would like to mount facing position
medium.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)