No Existing Sub can get Turbo HD?

Not true. With HD Absolute we do not get our RSN. With Turbo HD you do.

I just heard from Eric Sahl that Turbo HD will be HD ONLY; with no SD counterpart channels, no SD RSNs or SD alternate channels. That sucks, since a lot of programs on the RSNs are not in HD. I guess I will be staying with my programming for now until they make the RSNs 24/7 HD.:(

I just heard from Eric Sahl that Turbo HD will be HD ONLY; with no SD counterpart channels, no SD RSNs or SD alternate channels. That sucks, since a lot of programs on the RSNs are not in HD. I guess I will be staying with my programming for now until they make the RSNs 24/7 HD.:(

I had not heard that. That does suck but is better than no RSN at all like it will be for us with HD Absolute. To be honest the only thing I watch on my RSN that would not be in HD would be my local San Antonio Spurs games. I would miss those games that are not in HD if they dont give the SD RSN feed.

I had not heard that. That does suck but is better than no RSN at all like it will be for us with HD Absolute. To be honest the only thing I watch on my RSN that would not be in HD would be my local San Antonio Spurs games. I would miss those games that are not in HD if they dont give the SD RSN feed.

Yeah, I thought they would at least give us the same set up as we have now for the RSNs, but I guess that is not their plan.

Yeah, I thought they would at least give us the same set up as we have now for the RSNs, but I guess that is not their plan.

Of course this is DISH we are talking about. They might change their mind in the not too distant future. They change their programming packages enough so who knows.:rolleyes:

I read somewhere that it will include the SD RSN counterpart, much the same as being able to add your SD locals to it (if there is no HD LiL's).

My work passed out the training material yesterday. . but I didn' thave time to look at it. . .I will be overlooking it today and of course I'll tell everyone what I see if it's anything different than what's already been posted. But it does look "strange"

So I am reading this training material about TurboHD.....and I am confused.....and I am suppose to sell this to people...It's BOLD though TurboHD is for new customers only. Existing customers cannot upgrade to TurboHD they will stay with the HD Absolute...

Still reading.....

Package Channel Count* Monthly Price Price w/Locals
TurboHD Bronze 24 channels $24.99 $29.99
TurboHD Silver** 32 channels $32.99 $37.99
TurboHD Gold** 40 channels $39.99 $44.99

*All packages include access to six HD PPV channels and 14 HD VOD channels
**Count includes Big Ten Network, available to customers residing within the Big Ten"footprint" or those who subscribe to the Multi-Sport Pack.

Not like the HD Absolute where you get all the channels. .

Last edited:
TDB - I would create a separate thread with that list of channels. That thing's going to get buried in this thread, and people will want to see this information ASAP.

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet......

I assume this if from those Dish training materials you mentioned earlier, not just speculation. Sine Encore is included in Gold, does this mean it will be for HD Absolutes, too?

Also, someone mentioned a rumor before that dropping a premium (or any other change) could cause an Absolute sub to lose Grandfathered status. Any word on the truth of this, and what on earth we would dropped to? Turbo Gold seems the most equivalent, or will they make us go to and "America's Top" package with the HD add-on? I'm thinking about dropping my Cinemax.

I assume this if from those Dish training materials you mentioned earlier, not just speculation. Sine Encore is included in Gold, does this mean it will be for HD Absolutes, too?

Also, someone mentioned a rumor before that dropping a premium (or any other change) could cause an Absolute sub to lose Grandfathered status. Any word on the truth of this, and what on earth we would dropped to? Turbo Gold seems the most equivalent, or will they make us go to and "America's Top" package with the HD add-on? I'm thinking about dropping my Cinemax.

Yes this is from the material I got .....and there is nothing said about Encore being in the Absolute pkg either.

I agree with you though, seems like they would want us to go to the Gold pkg.

Yes this is from the material I got .....and there is nothing said about Encore being in the Absolute pkg either.

I agree with you though, seems like they would want us to go to the Gold pkg.

I have the same thing in my hands here. (BTW is yours version 0.1 or 0.2?)

In the FAQ section, there is a blurb that states
Additionally, existing customers with the current dishHD Absolute standalone package shall continue to receive updated programming as it is added into the HD programming lineup, with the exception of Encore HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts