Status
Please reply by conversation.

cobra2225

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
ky
just recieved a email from dtv, they will not add hallmark movie channel
to there lineup just because dish did, and they have no plans to add this channel
in the near future.

I wish they would add the hallmark movie channel to dishes regular tiers.

just recieved a email from dtv, they will not add hallmark movie channel
to there lineup just because dish did, and they have no plans to add this channel
in the near future.

Did you request it through the Hallmark website?.Did they give lack of bandwith as
maybe the problem?.The reason I'm asking is normally when channels come on their on DirecTV.There are a few that are not on DirecTV but once the bandwith problem is addressed I can see a definite improvement in the channels added.;)

Thanks for the link up charper 1 I just requested it.Will see what they say.:)

Last edited:
Did you request it through the Hallmark website?.Did they give lack of bandwith as
maybe the problem?.The reason I'm asking is normally when channels come on their on DirecTV.There are a few that are not on DirecTV but once the bandwith problem is addressed I can see a definite improvement in the channels added.;)

Thanks for the link up charper 1 I just requested it.Will see what they say.:)

no i just emailed dtv. and that was there response.

ok, i just emailed hallmark movie channel, we will see what they say,
i expect the same thing,if room is a problem,may i suggest getting rid
of some music,religion,and sports channels,i mean i many of the samething do you need when there are more stations waiting.don't get me wrong, dish and cable all load up on these cheep stations just so they can claim a lot of
channels.;)

ok, i just emailed hallmark movie channel, we will see what they say,
i expect the same thing,if room is a problem,may i suggest getting rid
of some music,religion,and sports channels,i mean i many of the samething do you need when there are more stations waiting.don't get me wrong, dish and cable all load up on these cheep stations just so they can claim a lot of
channels.;)
Actually, a lot of these channels show up as part of the contract signed when a bigger and better channels gets signed.
Most of the major channels have other channels also and those channels (Hallmark ect. types) are required to be shown if the provider wants the Big channel.

Hope that made sense ....

Jimbo

well let's hope they add hallmark movie channel, but as customers we have no say over these matter's.

Well, you're right, as customers, we really have very little to say about what channels they put on. Sure if they got a million letters, asking for the Hallmark Movie Channel, that would get their attention. However, that won't happen, and even if it did, they still might not carry it.

As for dropping religious, shopping, music and others you don't watch. it's not going to happen. You may not watch them, but millions of folks do and these are channels that either share commercial revenues with DirecTV or pays it big bucks to carry them. It's all about money, simple as that.

Incidently, I don't watch those channels either and I would be happy to have another movie channel too.

Is there a option that I can block some of those channels and they won't show on my TV's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts