No HGTV HD on Dish Network

Give it a few weeks before we start lighting the torches and storming the castle.

Hey, he added SportsNet NY and Sportstime Ohio, two channels everybody swore would be too expensive.....

We all keep clamoring for more more more, but a little patience may be called for here. I too, wish they would devote more resources to solving the receiver glitches. I still can't figure out why their flagship HD receiver, no matter WHAT the generation, can't be stable when it ships.....

I think were all becuase Charlie said that they would have HGtv-HD the day it launches and we obviously dont.

I don't remember him saying we'd get HGTV and Food "the day they launch." He just mentioned them coming. At least that's the way I remember it. (I could be wrong).

He said SECOND QUARTER. He's still got about 50 days before flaming is legit. I've never seen an announcement from Dish regarding April 10. That's the day that distribution begins over C-Band.

oldbob said:
He said SECOND QUARTER. He's still got about 50 days before flaming is legit. I've never seen an announcement from Dish regarding April 10. That's the day that distribution begins over C-Band.

I think you hit it right on the head... in 45-50 days HGTV HD will launch on Dish... Do not ask why and how.... sources....

Sean Mota said:
I think you hit it right on the head... in 45-50 days HGTV HD will launch on Dish... Do not ask why and how.... sources....
Sound like part of a big Summer DishHD Promotion with lots of HD coming online. That's fine with me since E* needs to stabilize MPEG-4 receivers, MPEG-4 encoders, and move LIL with E10 coming online.

Are there any big Trade Show events the end of May/early June? Also, what is the possibility we'll see more VOOM HD channels in the near future...or have they scapped VOOM-21 plans?

I want HGTV!!!! I admit I am a addict of this channel in its SD form, and since they have shot so much already in REAL HD! I want it lol

HD for HGTV

4/10/2006 7:53:00 PM

Home & Garden Television officially launched its HD network Monday with more than 350 hours of original programming.

HGTV president Judy Girard said the network launched on several small operators including WideOpenWest LLC systems in Chicago, Detroit and Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio; Buckeye CableSystem in Ohio; and Sunflower Broadband and Everest Connections Corp. in Kansas City.

HGTV HD also inked a deal with a “large satellite provider,” which Girard declined to reveal, but sources close to the network confirmed the service as EchoStar Communications Corp.’s Dish Network. She is confident that other distributors will sign on.

HGTV HD will not simulcast the linear channel, but instead will offer some 350 hours of original programming shot in HD, including such shows as Small Space, Big Style, Generation Renovation and Rezoned.

Girard said that with women becoming more HD-savvy and upgrading their televisions, the time is right to launch the network.

In June, HGTV parent Scripps Networks plans to launch Food Network HD.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6323960.html?display=Breaking+News

ok, this is just beautiful... I say we storm the castle.... Got this from ceo@.... this morning... I wrote them monday asking about the HGTV and Starz situation.... They didnt even have the courtesy of a personal reply!!!! I HATE FORM LETTERS!!!!! It doesnt say anything more or less, just enough to get under your skin and irritate you...

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email. Please understand we are not at liberty to discuss negotiation details. We continually strive to provide all our customers with a large variety of diverse programming choices.

We appreciate your continued support and patience during our negotiations.

For more information, you can also dial our Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-3474 or log-on to www.dishnetwork.com. Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you.

Yeah, I sent them a NICE e-mail asking an "approximate" date for HD locals in Houston and, of course, I got a form letter back as well that gave me no more information than I had before sending the e-mail.

No Strings said:
I know I am on the schedule to do a HGTV HD remote the 27th - 29th.

Neal

That must be the "live" broadcast of giving away the house that they bulit. Ive seen plugs for the "live broadcast" on the SD version of the channel.

350 hours of programming!??!

Can you say VOOM-level repeats?

That's only 4 hours a day of original programming over a 90 day period.

And I'd bet there would not be another 350 hours within the next three months. So it is probably going to average out to about 3 hours of new programming per day over the next 5-6 months.

Not that Tom cares, as Tom is a manly man and will not even bother putting HGTV into my HD favorites list. And I may not tell my Goldberry as she might come in and bump me off of my HD set to watch this channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts