No high def

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadsdenbuilder

Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Alabama
Problem roofers moved dirctv dish, It is reset now, but not all HD channels are working
"searching 771" They work on other tv in the house just not on the HD receiver
example ESPN & ESPN2 work fine, but ESPNU & ESPN NEWS does come in I receive the "searching 771" code.
What to do?

gadsdenbuilder said:
Problem roofers moved dirctv dish, It is reset now, but not all HD channels are working
"searching 771" They work on other tv in the house just not on the HD receiver
example ESPN & ESPN2 work fine, but ESPNU & ESPN NEWS does come in I receive the "searching 771" code.
What to do?

Check your Signal Strength ..... your HD channels come off the 99 and 103 Sats, that's where I would start, probably needs dithering if your other channels are coming in

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I wonder if doing a re-authorization on the receiver would help?

I doubt it, he should have his signal strength regardless of the authorization.

Then again, if he HAS good signal on the 99 and 103, that could be something to look into, but we don't know what his SS is yet.

It's either an alignment issue, or a faulty cable. Signals on 99c/103ca/103cb should all be in the high 80s. If they are good, except you are missing odd (or even) numbered transponders, that usually indicates a cable/connector issue. If they are all there but low, it's usually alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts