No Justice for Flex Pack (no Grit, either)

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Like the thread title says, this morning I noticed that channel 252 and channel 217 had been removed from my Flex Pack subscription. I called Dish, and the CSR said that this was caused by a technical glitch with Flex Pack in certain areas. (Illinois, Michigan, and Pennsylvania) Can anyone with Flex Pack in those states confirm this?

They were removed probably because the local networks that broadcast these sub channels were not getting paid by Dish to carry the channels in their local franchise areas. $$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$$.

It suggests to me DISH is now paying for them not the other way around?

Still getting 'em here although I do have the Latino Pack for Sirius XM. I know LAFF comes in that pack.

Reactions: pattykay
I have had AT250 for years and I was looking at trying to save some money looking at Flex, but there are just too many channels I would miss. I gave up on trying to get BBC World, as I get it on my Roku as well as many other International News channels for free. It would be nice to be able to DVR BBC World, but I will do without that feature, as I get it free. Maybe in time Dish will add it to AT250. As much as I do not like paying as much for AT250, it would not be worth it to switch to Flex. I would have to add a bunch of add on's and I would be paying nearly as much to get most of what I do now, and would lose a bunch of channels.

Reactions: Troch77 and Link
this must be a joke
https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19283

no sbn also
Were we getting SBN before?

I will trade you my Justice Channel for your BBC World News channel. How can I do that?
I do not have BBC World News. I did not add the News Pack. I have a second Dish account with Welcome Pack to get the news channels I want. (The Weather Channel, MSNBC, and Bloomberg) Welcome Pack also has Justice, Grit, Laff, and many other channels that are not available in Flex Pack. It is sad that so many of the new channel additions are included in the lowest programming package, but not the next package up from that.

Flex has too many restrictions. You don't get Laff in the Flex pack either or some of the religious channels like Daystar. There were some other public interest channels I didn't get when I had Flex. I switched back from it after a month.

Reactions: Troch77
I have had AT250 for years and I was looking at trying to save some money looking at Flex, but there are just too many channels I would miss. I gave up on trying to get BBC World, as I get it on my Roku as well as many other International News channels for free. It would be nice to be able to DVR BBC World, but I will do without that feature, as I get it free. Maybe in time Dish will add it to AT250. As much as I do not like paying as much for AT250, it would not be worth it to switch to Flex. I would have to add a bunch of add on's and I would be paying nearly as much to get most of what I do now, and would lose a bunch of channels.

Have you looked into getting the $10 discount for two years with a price freeze? Also have you checked the Top 200 so many channels are now there that were once in the Top 250 I switched to that saving another $10. The one or possibly two channels I would watch sometimes were not worth the $10 more for the Top 250 for me.

Flex has too many restrictions. You don't get Laff in the Flex pack either or some of the religious channels like Daystar. There were some other public interest channels I didn't get when I had Flex. I switched back from it after a month.

I wasn't aware the public access was not available with Flex ( or at least not some of them) As for being more restrictive, yes but if you characterize it that way so is the Top 120 to the Top 120+ to the Top 200 etc... they are all "restrictive" compared to paying the top price for the Top 250. Flex can't be a package that has the couple or so channels you want but neither can any of the packages. Someday there may be a full A La Carte but it won't be cheap. Where DISH could improve Flex is a little different offering of add on packages. The flex package as is has a very good value for what you get particularly for being non online. Had DISH not started to give current customer savings similar to new customer I may have gone with Flex it has very close to the non sports channels I watch. I then would add some sports only for the times of the year I really watch and need it.