No OTA because of FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pushing the envelope... Talked to the neighbor today. The power company found out Grandma died and cut his power off today. So did the water company. LOL They both want a hefty deposit to turn it back on. So he said he'll run a generator to keep the food cold until he gets the power turned on. I asked him about the house and he said it's in foreclosure. He hopes the bank gives him more notice than the utilities ;) Won't be long now.

Reactions: norman881
Well, much as he's been hassling you, I sure hope he's NOT stupid enough to run that generator in the basement.

We had an entire family that died not too far from here this Winter, only a few hours after the father hooked up his brand-new generator in the basement, in a sealed house. Everybody dead where they dropped, including all the kids.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/02/carbon_monoxide_potential_caus.html

The thing that gets me is the bank is foreclosing on the house and he's gonna lose it any day. Obviously the utilities were not being paid so they shut the power & water off and this guy's priority is picking a fight with you over tv reception?? o_O Around here if they find out you don't have running water or electricity (and a generator doesn't count) they will condemn the place and he'd be forced out before the bank even got around to foreclosing. If I was him I'd want you on my side. ;)

Reactions: navychop
Well you catch more flies with honey than vinegar ;) I have worked a deal with the neighbor. Actually he was paying the bills but they were in his Grandmas name and the utility companies won't go for that. He has solved the water issue and that is back on. I'm running him an extension cord and he is providing me with labor, lots of labor :) And as a side benefit, I don't have to listen to the generator run. And as long as we are in a sharing mood I think a hose from his non-metered water faucet to my irrigation system will be a plus too ;)

The thing that gets me is the bank is foreclosing on the house and he's gonna lose it any day. Obviously the utilities were not being paid so they shut the power & water off and this guy's priority is picking a fight with you over tv reception?? o_O Around here if they find out you don't have running water or electricity (and a generator doesn't count) they will condemn the place and he'd be forced out before the bank even got around to foreclosing. If I was him I'd want you on my side. ;)
I thought this thread was several years old. but I had to respond to the no water/no power. My power as not been on since 2005 and I have 4 300 gallon storage tanks for water... With 3 solar panels 6 generators and 9 12 volt deep cycle batteries. Oh yes, a Helio LZ being built in the NE corner of my yard, 7 KU band dishes up .... The county uses my Ham Shack as a back-up comm center. Then I saw where the date is on this NEW forum...

I thought this thread was several years old. but I had to respond to the no water/no power. My power as not been on since 2005 and I have 4 300 gallon storage tanks for water... With 3 solar panels 6 generators and 9 12 volt deep cycle batteries. Oh yes, a Helio LZ being built in the NE corner of my yard, 7 KU band dishes up .... The county uses my Ham Shack as a back-up comm center. Then I saw where the date is on this NEW forum...
Good to see you back rv1pop!

Good to see you back rv1pop!
Glad to get a little better internet so can get back on and read some. Trying to pass bldg inspections and get the dishes back in service.
It is funny to see the reactions of some to living off what the public offers. I am not even ON the public road! Private power, private water, private sewer, private wood heat with propane supplement. Private road, private FTA, internet by Microwave; able to hit over 60 2M VHF and 10 UHF 440MHZ ham repeaters with my new antennas; all 50 states on 20M, all 39 WA counties on 75M and 40M.
USPS delivery 6 days a week, 1/2 mile away. UPS and FedEx drive by on the private road almost every day. Our property approved for Life Flight Helio Pads. Cats, dogs and deer as neighbors. Southern view, unobstructed from about 55W to 135W +/-... Five generators to back up solar, but enough solar power to keep the ICE CREAM solid in the chest freezer. -- and no need to worry about OTA TV. Trying to keep a little on topic!

Glad to get a little better internet so can get back on and read some. Trying to pass bldg inspections and get the dishes back in service.
It is funny to see the reactions of some to living off what the public offers. I am not even ON the public road! Private power, private water, private sewer, private wood heat with propane supplement. Private road, private FTA, internet by Microwave; able to hit over 60 2M VHF and 10 UHF 440MHZ ham repeaters with my new antennas; all 50 states on 20M, all 39 WA counties on 75M and 40M.
USPS delivery 6 days a week, 1/2 mile away. UPS and FedEx drive by on the private road almost every day. Our property approved for Life Flight Helio Pads. Cats, dogs and deer as neighbors. Southern view, unobstructed from about 55W to 135W +/-... Five generators to back up solar, but enough solar power to keep the ICE CREAM solid in the chest freezer. -- and no need to worry about OTA TV. Trying to keep a little on topic!

Sounds like you are living the good life. I'm guilty, I do have outside power, 3G internet, but that's about all.
Me: Private water, private sewer, private wood heat with propane supplement. Private OTA, Private FTA.

Be thankful you don't have a neighbor like I do that has been threatening to murder me because of my security cameras.

Be thankful you don't have a neighbor like I do that has been threatening to murder me because of my security cameras.
I probably will hear about that issue someday. I have 4 cameras up and I have 8 more going in soon. ;)

They shouldn't have a problem with security cameras unless they are afraid you might catch them doing something they shouldn't be? ;)

Reactions: DWS44
They shouldn't have a problem with security cameras unless they are afraid you might catch them doing something they shouldn't be? ;)

That's what the police said when I had him arrested for for terrorizing me. I told the police I think the guy must be doing meth or bath salts because of the way he acts and because of all the late night traffic.
Amazingly enough, the narcotics and SWAT raided his house a few weeks later on an "anonymous tip" ;) but sadly they didn't find any drugs. And that just infuriated the guy even more who then made verbal death threats against me.
For which I called the cops on him for that as well. It's spiraling out of control to the point that I have to carry guns now. Being that open carry is legal now I've sent the guy a very clear message that if he comes at me I will kill him.
I've also told the police that they can count on me killing him if he physically attacks me. I'm recording all his shenanigans and threats and compiling a DVD to take to the police and the leasing company that put this moron in that house.
I hope to have him evicted before it comes to me shooting him.

I probably will hear about that issue someday. I have 4 cameras up and I have 8 more going in soon. ;)

I have 14 cameras up and plan to add about 10 more.

Since I have had the cameras the one neighbor has been ripped off a couple of times and comes over here asking me if I got anything on my cameras. I think he finally understands I didn't put those up to watch his property but to watch mine ;)

That's what the police said when I had him arrested for for terrorizing me. I told the police I think the guy must be doing meth or bath salts because of the way he acts and because of all the late night traffic.
Amazingly enough, the narcotics and SWAT raided his house a few weeks later on an "anonymous tip" ;) but sadly they didn't find any drugs. And that just infuriated the guy even more who then made verbal death threats against me.
For which I called the cops on him for that as well. It's spiraling out of control to the point that I have to carry guns now. Being that open carry is legal now I've sent the guy a very clear message that if he comes at me I will kill him.
I've also told the police that they can count on me killing him if he physically attacks me. I'm recording all his shenanigans and threats and compiling a DVD to take to the police and the leasing company that put this moron in that house.
I hope to have him evicted before it comes to me shooting him.
Wow, sounds like he's a real nut. Hope things work out ok. BE SAFE!

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Since I have had the cameras the one neighbor has been ripped off a couple of times and comes over here asking me if I got anything on my cameras. I think he finally understands I didn't put those up to watch his property but to watch mine ;)

At my old house I had a bunch of cameras up and several times over the years my neighbors were burglarized and they came to me to get copies of the video. Twice my camera footage helped convict and put bad guys in prison for doing bad things. When I moved here to the home my folks built back in 1971 I assumed that life here would be peaceful and pure bliss because it's a classy neighborhood. Well, someone moved out years ago and a scumbag real estate leasing company bought the house and has been shuffling people through it like grease through a goose. About 10 months ago this insane guy moved in and it's been a living HELL. He harasses me daily, he terrorizes me, threatens me and makes it scary to live here. After my dad saw what this guy was doing to me he bought me two handguns which I now I carry. TWO. My friends are afraid to come over to visit. The other neighbors are afraid to go outside. The lady two doors down now stays inside with a shotgun all the time. I just had to spend $1,000 to get an electric gate opener so that I can come and go without having to exit the car to open/close the gate, which is when he could attack me.

This video was from a camera that I aimed at his front door after he made a death threat. This was recorded less than ONE MINUTE after the Narc/Swat raid, they had just left and my dad was just coming in the front door of my house when this guy pops out of his front door like a Jack-in-the-Box from hell and made ANOTHER death threat. Be warned, it's full of cursing so it's NSFW.

The guy is a big meathead. I think he takes steroids. I did find out he loads rail cars at ship dock so he's not anyone I want to get into an altercation with. I'm old, I can't fight anyone. But I sure can shoot em.

Attachments

• IMG_5557.jpg
    IMG_5557.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_5614.1.jpg
    IMG_5614.1.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 209
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts