No Q mystery!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I have been very happy so far with my New C-band set up except for one annoying problem.On a few satellites i cant seem to get anything from certain TPs that i think i should be getting.My latest example would be 91w! 3820/v/30000 which has fox!Nat Geo and others on it.No Q at all!! but all others like 3800/h/30000 and other H tps are blasting away at a high Q.Another example would be QVC on AMC11!all others on the list come in blazing and QVC zero again!also v pol.I didn't think vert pol was the problem because i get v tps on other sats and sometimes on the same sat I'm having the problem with..Could V pol polarity be failing on some sats and not on others?I dont really want to play with the dish or LNB anymore because the good right now far out weighs the bad.Any ideas on whats going on?PS!one problem i have been getting all along no matter how my dish and lnb was set up is duplications of both V and h TPs on some but not all satellites!I have just been deleting one of the polarity's after a blind scan.

Using the solomend,6 ft dish with the LNB741.

Good news and bad news! Good first! My Neusat HD is picking up those channels my solomend isn't and the Neusat is not doing vert/horz duplications on the blind scan.NOTE!! I just found out today that blindscan works very well on the Neusat c scanning but verrry poor on the ku side..Bad news is that my solomend isn't picking up all that it should and is duplicating vert and horz tps on a blind scan.Any ideas on my next move??PS manually entering missing tps dosnt find them also.

Last edited:
Ok!! Now I'm totally lost or my solomend is playing games on me.I slaved my solomend to my Neusat HD and now when i do a scan on the missing known good TPs with the solomend!I'm getting locks.Does my Neusat still control my solomend when the Neusat is turned off?Maybe the solomend has decided to scan like it should or the Neusat is still in control.PS no more vert/horz tp duplications with the solomend slaved to the Neusat.

stanleyjohn said:
Ok!! Now I'm totally lost or my solomend is playing games on me.I slaved my solomend to my Neusat HD and now when i do a scan on the missing known good TPs with the solomend!I'm getting locks.Does my Neusat still control my solomend when the Neusat is turned off?Maybe the solomend has decided to scan like it should or the Neusat is still in control.PS no more vert/horz tp duplications with the solomend slaved to the Neusat.

Connect a voltage meter in place of the LNBF and determine if both receivers are supplying 13VDC - vertical and 18VDC - horizontal (+\- 10%). Also, alternately turn the slave and the master receivers Master Power OFF and determine if loop throughs pass the LNBF voltages.

Connect a voltage meter in place of the LNBF and determine if both receivers are supplying 13VDC - vertical and 18VDC - horizontal (+\- 10%). Also, alternately turn the slave and the master receivers Master Power OFF and determine if loop throughs pass the LNBF voltages.

Thanks Brian

Hi Stan,
Sorry to hear you are having some problems. Well join the crowd.
I'm not that happy with mine either. Lots of things give a good picture
but with NO sound. That's worthless. I find that by the time I go from one end
of the arc to the other, it is necessary to delete the previous
scan and scan again as I guess things are in a constant flux.
So I am doing more scanning than watching anything.
I am also having problems with "Q". Some I get a decent Q and others
nothing. But I guess it's better than paying for TV which IMHO should
be free if there is advertising on it.

Hi shankle! Ive been wondering what you have been up too!havnt seen you here in a while.The problem i have here isnt as bad as it looks but its annoying when it happens.There are some days when certain tps seem to have no Q at all like its not active and then some days when they come in great!like a on/off switch.Ill just have to live with it until i can make some sence in it.You say your having audio problems!Has this aways been the case or has it just started.Several stations broadcast with AC3 audio and if you receiver cant decode AC3 then you dont have any audio.PS keep plugging away! Rome wasnt built in a day. Stan

Hi Stan,
I think the audio problem started with the 250sm. It's audio capabilities
are a joke or I do not know how to change it. The manual is sparse on the
subject. Pansat is above talking to a lowly customer.
An EX: would be "THIS". I get a good picture and dead silence.

Hi Stan,
I think the audio problem started with the 250sm. It's audio capabilities
are a joke or I do not know how to change it. The manual is sparse on the
subject. Pansat is above talking to a lowly customer.
An EX: would be "THIS". I get a good picture and dead silence.

I get "THIS" ok! Ill look into your problem for you

I now know whats happenning but dont no why!!.When i first boot up the solomend i dont get any c vertical polarity channels.horizontal works great on both ku and c and vert also works on ku.Its only the c band vert that wont work.Heres how i got the vert to work! Went to antenna setup and clicked off 22khz then clicked it back on and then all c band vertical working.Verry strange! can anyone shed some light on this problem?My only solution for now is to click on and off my 22khz switch every time i turn on the receiver.

Somemore detective work!Turning on/off the 22khz switch only does a temp fix!When i do a blind scan and finish the problem happens again! No vertical C channels.What i did next was pure chance!Back in the Antenna setup I changed DisEq 1.0 from Disable to port 1.This also brought back my vertical c channels and now the blind scan also sees the verticals.Dont really know why what i did fixed my problem but it seems to have did the job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)