No signal

tbanner523

Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Chicago
Hi,

I am new here and was hoping to find some help. I just bought a second digital cable box from Comcast for a second TV in the house. Our cable works fine in the main room. I connected the new box to the second TV today in a separate room and called Comcast to have it activated. When I turned the TV on I got a screen that looks like a comcast screen that says: "One moment please, the channel should be available shortly." The comcast support person tried a few things, and said that she would need to send a tech out (blah), but that if it was not a comcast issue then I would be charged a fee (i.e., if I had a wire connected to the wrong place). That is fine, I just want to make sure I haven't done anything stupid before they come out....I assume that since I am getting this Comcast screen, with no picture, that I must have everything connected properly, so it must be a Comcast issue, right?

Thanks for your help.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

Yeah everything would be hooked up fine on the output side of the box if you are seeing that. I would say the problem is on the cable input end coming into the box.

Thanks for your quick response!

I thought as much. The Comcast support person was pretty clueless, she kept asking me if I had wires connected to the right place, and if the cable box was even plugged in...of course it was, I told her that the Comcast screen was staring me in the face! I realize that they deal with some pretty stupid cases, but come on, couldn't she have determined that it wasn't that I had the wires plugged in incorrectly? She put a seed of doubt in my mind, that's why I posted :)

Put that 2nd box in place of the first box and see what happens, if you get a picture there that could point to the wiring in the other room, as a second test I would also move the good box to the other location and see if you get a picture.

Thanks for your quick response!

I thought as much. The Comcast support person was pretty clueless, she kept asking me if I had wires connected to the right place, and if the cable box was even plugged in...of course it was, I told her that the Comcast screen was staring me in the face! I realize that they deal with some pretty stupid cases, but come on, couldn't she have determined that it wasn't that I had the wires plugged in incorrectly? She put a seed of doubt in my mind, that's why I posted :)

She was just probably reading her script. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)