No surround sound for me!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hookem99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
The optical audio is not working anymore on my older HR20. Is this a reason to replace it. I do have the protection plan, but don't want issues, since they were just here for another problem and replaced an old H20 on Monday. Not to mention, I have been having issues with a R10 Tivo unit.(sometimes it has to be hard reset to start up). Like I said, I just don't want issues because I have older receivers with issues.......

What have you done to determine that the optical output is not working?
Maybe the cable just needs to be reseated or replaced?

I have tried 3 different TL cables, and all 3 work with my BR player. I also tried different inputs on the AV receiver(also works with my BR) so, I guess that just leaves the HR20 itself. Not a big deal though, I just ran a cable from my digital audio out on my TV to my AVR, and it works great.

Is dolby digital enabled on the receiver?

to touch on your issue of 'not causing issues' (this also has nothing to do with you, nor is it your fault) from a tech's perspective.... the tech that did your service call on monday is gonna get hit with a sin7 (repeat penalty for cust having an issue within 7 days) and this is a fine to the tech. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the tech getting this fine if a truck is rolled to your house, the previous tech is going to get said fine. Different HSP's / Contractors charge different amounts for this fine. there is also a Sin30, and a Sin90, so its not like you waiting a week to do this is going to avoid this from happening. the only way for you to get new receivers and the tech that was out on monday not to be fined for not asking you if you needed anything else looked at, is to have d* mail them to you, and not have a new tech show up. Again, this has nothing to do with you, and you are not required to care, but you did ask what else would happen, and state you didnt want to cause issues. the tech's supervisor is going to look at it as "well you didnt ask if there were any other issues while you were still there, had you the cust would have needed 3 new receivers, not just one" so its not like were going to see any 'understanding' from our superiors. Do everything you can to have receivers mailed to you, and not have a new tech rolled to your house.

Edited for typos im a lil drunk right now.

Last edited:
Is dolby digital enabled on the receiver?

to touch on your issue of 'not causing issues' (this also has nothing to do with you, nor is it your fault) from a tech's perspective.... the tech that did your service call on monday is gonna get hit with a sin7 (repeat penalty for cust having an issue within 7 days) and this is a fine to the tech. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the tech getting this fine if a truck is rolled to your house, the previous tech is going to get said fine. Different HSP's / Contractors charge different amounts for this fine. there is also a Sin30, and a Sin90, so its not like you waiting a week to do this is going to avoid this from happening. the only way for you to get new receivers and the tech that was out on monday not to be fined for not asking you if you needed anything else looked at, is to have d* mail them to you, and not have a new tech show up. Again, this has nothing to do with you, and you are not required to care, but you did ask what else would happen, and state you didnt want to cause issues. the tech's supervisor is going to look at it as "well you didnt ask if there were any other issues while you were still there, had you the cust would have needed 3 new receivers, not just one" so its not like were going to see any 'understanding' from our superiors. Do everything you can to have receivers mailed to you, and not have a new tech rolled to your house.

Edited for typos im a lil drunk right now.

Well, that certainly is one of the most honest posts I have ever read! And funny, too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts