No Versus, How about HD ESPNU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I'm sure this has been discussed, but since D* is not broadcasting Versus during their dispute, why doesn't D* make use of the extra HD slot and carry the ESPNU HD feed for college football?

If and when the Versus dispute gets settled and D* decides to carry Versus again, they could carry the SD version of Versus until expansion in the first quarter of 2010.

This would bring us back to the total number of HD channels we once had and are being charged for.

DirecTV announced that it will have ESPNU in HD by the end of the 1st quarter of next year.

I would have put that up first before putting up a 1080p PPV channel.

You and me both Scott. D* is really wasting bandwidth by replaying a PPV in HD, for the sake of having it in 1080p.

well lets hope ESPNU HD takes an NFL HD spot in January since D12 has been delayed till a February launch now. First quarter new HD looks less likely for D*.

Date – Satellite(s) – Rocket/Upper stage – Cosmodrome – Time
January 15 – TBD – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
beginning of February – Intelsat 16 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
February 3 – Progress M-04M (No. 404) – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
February 11-20 – three Kosmos (Glonass-M) satellites – Proton-M/DM-2 – Baikonur
February 28 – CryoSat-2 – Dnepr – Baikonur
February – Prisma (Mango), Prisma (Tango), Picard – Dnepr – Dombarovskiy
beginning of year – DirecTV 12 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur

:(

Remember that NFL ST goes away in Q1 so there should be some room for a channel or two as long as there is hope of getting a bird lit by next NFL season.
I say snowballs chance in hell that bandwidth gets used for anything other than more HD PPV.

What I want to know is who in their right mind is buying these PPV movies? What is it like $6 now and you have 24 hours to watch it before it is deleted? What a bargain! LOL. I still don't get the 24 hour limit. When you "rent" a movie from anywhere else, you keep it for several days or longer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)