Notice Anything Different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott,

I really like the new look. Thanks.

As for the fingers - think positive and be glad your hedge trimmer wasn't a chainsaw.

I just click on the "
navbits_start.gif
SatelliteGuys.US" link at the top of the page if I want to get back to the main index.

the new look isn't bad, i'm just not a huge fan of a massive "Lane Bryant" ad in my satelliteguys threads...the old google banner ads were actually interesting and applicable.

Ok added a "Forum Jump" to the top navigation bar on the new look. :)

As far as the ads go, I do appologize but I was REQUIRED to move them to where they are by the ad agency. :(

Remember for $20 a year those ads go bye bye.

Trust me... we are not doing this to get rich.

We need to pay our bills somehow. We are the ONLY satellite site which takes you to EVERY big Satellite Show, we are the only ones that setup events so members can sit down and talk with the CEO of these companies. (Our meeting with Charlie Ergen cost us over $2,500 alone... room rental, catering etc...)

Thus the ads. :) Thanks for your understanding!

If your interested in becoming a pub member visit http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php (If you do this please PM me so I can make sure you are setup ok, as we have been having issues with the automatic upgrade from Paypal) Thanks for your support. :)

OK. Nice, but not quite. I like going to the page listing forums because I can see the latest post, and more importantly, the date and time of the latest post. That is what I am requesting. It's a great time saver. Otherwise, I'd just use the bottom jumps to forums.

As far as the ads go, I do appologize but I was REQUIRED to move them to where they are by the ad agency. :(

We need to pay our bills somehow. We are the ONLY satellite site which takes you to EVERY big Satellite Show, we are the only ones that setup events so members can sit down and talk with the CEO of these companies. (Our meeting with Charlie Ergen cost us over $2,500 alone... room rental, catering etc...)

If your interested in becoming a pub member visit http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php (If you do this please PM me so I can make sure you are setup ok, as we have been having issues with the automatic upgrade from Paypal) Thanks for your support. :)

*) Scott, thanks for the forum jump at the top.

*) I wish I knew what you were talking about with respect to the ads, but since Im a pub member I guess I dont see em :D

Never heard of that. If it's the Google Ads, I don't think they dictate where they go as I use them myself. If it's the other non-google ads, might be a different story. One issue with the ads many do block them with an ad-blocker like those in FireFox.

Believe it or not I almost became a pub member when the "Founding Supporter" was still offered. When I started the transaction, the lights went out (Someone hitting a power pole) and didn't get a chance to get back on for a bit since the internet stayed down for a few days. When I got back on, it was switched to the yearly Pub Member system and I dropped the idea.

*) I wish I knew what you were talking about with respect to the ads, but since Im a pub member I guess I dont see em :D

Scott,
hanks for the "Forum Jump " link at the top.
I was one that pushed for this as well.

It doesn't matter which type forum jump, as far as I'm concerned, but I do see others point as well.

Thanks again,
Jimbo

Never heard of that. If it's the Google Ads, I don't think they dictate where they go as I use them myself. If it's the other non-google ads, might be a different story. One issue with the ads many do block them with an ad-blocker like those in FireFox.
Nope its not with Google its with Burst. Whn burst has no ads to show then Google ads are shown in their place. :)

One issue with the ads many do block them with an ad-blocker like those in FireFox.
I don't know how AdBlocker works, but I suspect the ads may still load, it just disables them from being viewable to the end-user (??). Can a browser tell a webserver NOT to send certain data ? I don't think it can.

OK. Nice, but not quite. I like going to the page listing forums because I can see the latest post, and more importantly, the date and time of the latest post. That is what I am requesting. It's a great time saver. Otherwise, I'd just use the bottom jumps to forums.
Navychop, it looks like the elves were busy and have added the feature you requested. I see a "Forums" tab at the top of the page now, between the "HomePage" and the "Glossary" tabs. :up Thanks, Scott!

Scott, the "Quick Links" menu is still an inch to the left of the "Quick Links" link. Looks weird.

Navychop, it looks like the elves were busy and have added the feature you requested....

Yep. I thanked him in the other thread. Almost posted here also, but thought that would be double posting. It's a minor thing, but it's something I got used to and found efficient.

That's a big elf!

I think the adblock on FF simply keeps them from showing. I'll have to ask on WHT (Webhostingtalk) since many members there operate sites with ads.

I don't know how AdBlocker works, but I suspect the ads may still load, it just disables them from being viewable to the end-user (??). Can a browser tell a webserver NOT to send certain data ? I don't think it can.

I was at Burst's site and reading up on their rules,they are pretty strict where the ad can go, usually within the first "scroll" or two. Checked a couple of other ad companies and they weren't as strict. So under the old way when they were between the posts, someone long winded could push it way down!
slappinsmiley.gif

Nope its not with Google its with Burst. Whn burst has no ads to show then Google ads are shown in their place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.