NPS G3 thats it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
G3 NPS is shutting down 10/25. Time for the maximum hard sell to Charlie for the suckers.

Attachments

• nps g3.jpg
    nps g3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 232
I'm surprised that they left G3 up as long as they did... all things considered. LOL. I wonder why their subs have been dropping in number so much lately. ROTFL! I'm sure it was all the end users fault.

Cheers

Important Notification from NPS today

I received the following in an email from Sobongo/NPS today, and called thier CSR and confirmed that it was true.

All the re-uplinked channels on G3 will be gone on October 25 instead of Dec. 31 like they are supposed to.

I'm sorry, but when the CSR started his speech about switching to Dish network, I let him have it with both barrels. I told him I wouldn't buy Dish Network at all, and especially not from NPS. He tried to blame it all on Motorola, and I told him that this cut-off had nothing to do with Motorola. It was all on NPS.

My Sub is paid up until November 27th, but I just get screwed out of that.

Oh well, just had to vent. :eek:
Important Notification

Effective October 25, 2010 the following channels will no longer be available on C-Band:

Hallmark
Lifetime
A&E
AMC
Comedy
CNBC
MSNBC
USA Network
FOX News
CNN & HLN

Please call us TODAY to get your new Satellite Service installed at no charge & continue watching these great channels & many more.

Important Notification

Effective October 25, 2010 the following channels will no longer be available on C-Band:

Hallmark
Lifetime
A&E
AMC
Comedy
CNBC
MSNBC
USA Network
FOX News
CNN & HLN

Thats really funny because they all are on c band in a master form in PowerVu or DC-2. NPS letter should have read...

As of Oct 25th the piss poor G-3 reuplinks provided by your committed to C band provider NPS will be removed from service due to the fact that Mike Mountford can't make enough profit with them anymore after drinking the Evil Charlie potion. We must now focus on sucking every penny we can by forcing the stupid c band suckers to go to Dishnet so SRL and Skyvisons plans for W5 get destroyed by us anyway we can.

Yep, I got one of those too and I'm also another on the list that gets screwed out of money by the early shut down! I didn't bother to call them as I've already told them what I think a couple of months back! What goes around, comes around and they will get theirs in the end!

While I'm not a big fan of SRL or SKY because they also sell d!sh service, I "might" just take a sub until the end of the year to keep my unit authorized. After that I'll just wait to see what's left of a really good STB come 1/1/11! OTA and DVB FTA will be what I use after that.

I have one yearly alacart channel still with NPS that will run out at midnight today. Thats it NPS is done. I am taking a wait and see attitude with Skyvison & SRL. If they want my business next year they will have to map the generics and extra satellite tiles. Otherwise its FTA for the 4D and use my DirecTV as the cable mainstay.

If any of you guys have credit coming with NPS bitch to them and use it up. Go to a supervisor if needed. I did that when I had G3 and they cut 1/2 the channels. I wouldn't let them get away with any of my money no matter how little it is.

Don't know if I'd complain to a supervisor too much. Guy on another board says that he did that and they turned off his guide! :eek:

You had to know that NPS wouldn't take the high road. Just 2 more months and they could've saved a little face (but not much). If they didn't wanna pay 2 more months for the TP, they could have just refunded any unused balances. But I knew they wouldn't do that either. They just hide behind their "subject to change" fine print.

I knew all of this before I re-upped until the end of the year. I figured I'd ride it to the end, and if the end came early, that was a chance I was willing to take.

I don't need a toaster, and I'm not gonna fight with them for what they owe me. I just know that they're crooks and move on. It's funny how you get blasted at that "other" website for hanging onto your "4-Dead-TV". But they continue to defend theives. In my home, NPS will be "Dead" a long time before 4DTV.

Cheers

I jumped ship from NPS when they got rid of History International and Biography.

I'll miss the channels on G3, but not the picture quality.

Looks like I'm not on their mailing list anymore.

I'll miss the channels on G3, but not the picture quality.

NPS's picture quality on G3 was bad. I was surprised that DirecTV's SD looked a hell of allot better then NPS's G3 did. They should have killed G3 a year ago.

NPS's picture quality on G3 was bad. I was surprised that DirecTV's SD looked a hell of allot better then NPS's G3 did. They should have killed G3 a year ago.

I never subbed with NPS. But, I was wondering if the video on G3 was worse than on W5. I was watching the season premiere of StarGate Universe tonight and felt that the video could have been a whole lot better. The sharpness of the video was lacking and the dark scenes looked crappy. Not to mention that occasional commercial volume that blows you out of the room. I guess I'm not paying enough to get quality television.

I never subbed with NPS. But, I was wondering if the video on G3 was worse than on W5. I was watching the season premiere of StarGate Universe tonight and felt that the video could have been a whole lot better. The sharpness of the video was lacking and the dark scenes looked crappy. Not to mention that occasional commercial volume that blows you out of the room. I guess I'm not paying enough to get quality television.

G3 was way worse than W5. W5 depending on the source looks pretty good. When I say depending on the source that really does have an impact. I've also noticed that on DirecTV. I know certain masters are better than others since I've seen them ITC on C band. Those channels shine while a master that is mediocre lke the MTV C3 master suite on c band looks worse on Direct than say Disney which is awesome on c band. Comparing W5 and Direct for SD they are pretty close. But nothing looks like the original c band master no matter what. In reality though I don't think they care how much you pay we can't get there premier feeds anymore. We should be thankful that they do run the originals so good though since it makes that impact with second gen, except in NPS's case where they compressed there reups so much that they just looked like crap, not to mention all the problems they would have with them, since Crawford was a piss poor uplinker.

Many tried to get NPS to raise the bitrate last year so the PQ would improve. Mike Mountford told one of his tall tail stories to all that asked in the chat. We were all sure it was going to happen, then he came up with one excuse after another and finally said it wont happen. If he would have done it I have a feeling subs would have increased and the 4D would be doing better today then it did a year ago. NPS used to be a good company but in the last few years especially went down hill fast. Everything said was based on lies and deceit. It was all about stringing the sucker on and suck him dry financially. When that plan started to backfire they decided to destroy c band all together so no one coluld reap the benefits that NPS once did. Good riddens to G3 and NPS.

Watch NPS's next game move will be that they will stop any existing 4D subs with them before Dec 31 and blame it on Motorola. This will force those with any credit with them to loose it or be forced to upgrade (downgrade) to dish. That BS scheme is already got a date of launch I bet, let's say in November.

I am done with NPS finally (my last sub ran out the other day I had for a year) they can go pound sand now. In fact my 4DTV is an orphan, it has no subs right now :( first time since the day I bought it. Guess I'm now one of those 18,000 that left. My future with SRL depends on what Comcast is willing to do for us hobbyiests next year.

You see that's why I don't subcribe to anything.The same thing happened to me last spring.It was the end of march I ordered 3 more months of programming and they never TOLD ME THEY WE"RE DROPPING CHANNELS.What they did tell me that C band is gonna end I told them to let me sub till june because I'm going on vacation and when june comes I'll go for their Dishnet offer.I went to BRazil in the beginning of April came back weeks later to find out that Cartoon Network and SPIKE aren't even in the map.I called them they told me yes I can still get those channels if I go with their offer for a 4 room sat system and so on I told them LISTEN:I said that I"LL take that in june you sell me the sub then you decide to take channels away?I went to programming center same thing.Showtime went away,Altitute and I didn't miss showtime very much but my family surely felt it when DMX got unmapped.Because all of us use DMX a lot.Then with the AL map some of them came back.But still that's why I don't subscribe I don't need to sub but my kids want to sub.I can sub for them but I won't because I can't guarantee that I keep getting what I paid for.My daughter likes Disney XD.And nickteens my son just like to watch music videos and nothing else but if I sub they might remove them from 1 day to another then I'll have angry kids here that will turn on me.Right now they watch Soac,jctv,sometime pbs and ABC kids on saturday mornings.But they watch all their disney stuff on the computer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)