Number of HD customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaguardo

Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
I was just wondering whether DirecTV publishes the evolution of its HD customers ' number ? Does somebody have some figures about that ?

They have stated such figures before in their quarterly financial reports. All are found in the investor relations section on the DirecTV web site.

Last I remember it was just over a million. Perhaps 1.5 million by now. Not that many compared to their 16.5+ million total.

I think the numbers came out in a presentation to investors. Not press released per sae. I remember hearing the numbers that Scott mentioned.

Listen to the web casts of the financial calls. The press releases don't even touch the surface of what they talk about. 2nd quarter call is coming up in a couple weeks.

Now numbers aren't always presented, sometimes it only comes up if someone asks the question.

Within the last six months, DIRECTV's Mike Palkovic (sp?) who I believe is their Chief Financial Officer (?) at one of the periodic financial discussion calls, was talking about 'churn' being down and that they had reached 12% of the subscriber base now being in HD.

So with a total subscriber base of about 16 Mil, that would put their HD subscribers somewhere around 2 Mil.

gct

Good info. The numbers I quoted were the last I heard which were about a year old or so. So they added about half million or a bit more HD customers in the past year, all of which should already be MPEG4 capable.

TY all for your answers

Within the last six months, DIRECTV's Mike Palkovic (sp?) who I believe is their Chief Financial Officer (?) at one of the periodic financial discussion calls, was talking about 'churn' being down and that they had reached 12% of the subscriber base now being in HD.

So with a total subscriber base of about 16 Mil, that would put their HD subscribers somewhere around 2 Mil.

gct

Are you mentionning the same source than Brewer4 and bonscott87 (that you can listen ?

By the way, by the audio presentation, were you all referring to this link :
DirecTV - Investor Relations - Event Details

or this one :
DirecTV - Investor Relations - Events & Presentations

or another one?

(just to be sure not to mix up)

I think Yahoo Finance is the best place, although I've never gone back to listen to an old one.

The second link appears to have them though.

an "up" to know if people got some news about numbers of HD customers in the US ?

DirecTV juste improved its HD offer and promised to offer 100 HD channels at the end of the year I think.. so I find weird that we can't find easy information about their penetration rate among their base..

if anybody has heard of anything..?

I know they have published some numbers that their HD and DVR adds have been way up over the last year (something like 165% compared to last year, I thought...) but I don't have the link handy, so I'm just going by memory.

If the stack of old 3 LNB dishes behind the place I work means anything it's more like 200%.:up

Matt

an "up" to know if people got some news about numbers of HD customers in the US ?

DirecTV juste improved its HD offer and promised to offer 100 HD channels at the end of the year I think.. so I find weird that we can't find easy information about their penetration rate among their base..

Sorry - you'll just have to report back to Charlie that you can't find the details he wants.

They (no company) will not just "up" their numbers each and every day or week; they will wait and speak officially on a per quarter basis at the very earliest. Why such and interest on something so very trivial and useless?

I don't think it's usless info. The more subscribers to HD, the more money generated from HD, and so the sooner we will have more HD.

They (no company) will not just "up" their numbers each and every day or week; they will wait and speak officially on a per quarter basis at the very earliest. Why such and interest on something so very trivial and useless?

yes charper1 I agree.
The problem is that even each quarter, they don't give their number of HD subscribers. Sometimes (not each quarter), they give a global figure mixing DVR and HD subscriber (includin those who have the DVR sercvice, or the HD, or both). Correct me if I am wrong, but I really get the impression that this piece of information is really difficult to get, even though if it would be only each semester!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)