Obtaining locals while traveling in RV

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I've got a customer who is traveling the country, but would like to receive his locals on a 1000.4 when doing so. I'm under the current impression that locals are determined by your account's billing address. Also, as I understand it, the locals are delivered via spot beam to specific regions, and that there is not nationwide coverage of all locals. So the customer is essentially, SOL (out of luck).

Or am I wrong? Is there any way for that customer to receive any locals from any market at all?

It depends on how he has his account set up. If he is on the RV account, then all he has to do is call Dish and tell them where he is and they will turn on the locals where ever he is.

Is it difficult or expensive to get an RV account added to an existing account?

You don't need an RV account unless you want the national distant locals. You can tell dish you are traveling in an RV (or at your vacation home) and they will change your account to that location for that area's locals. If you are grandfathered for anything keep in mind you may lose it...

To add to the valuable information here, I just wanted to point out to the OP that the locals are tied to the account's service address, not the billing address.