odd and even transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ravesailer

Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Saskatchewan
Sure could use some help here. I only get even transponders on both 91 and 82...except transponder 15 which says wrong sat on both 91 and 82...
checked cables and even changed a few... running switch check I get fewer satellites than previously detected error....suspect the sw44 switch is fubar.. anybody have suggestions? :confused:

Let me first say welcome aboard! Now with that said;) I think you are in the wrong forum.:) This is mostly for issues or comments about the web site. I am sure someone shortly will direct you to the right place as I would but am not familiar with those sats.....

Sure could use some help here. I only get even transponders on both 91 and 82...except transponder 15 which says wrong sat on both 91 and 82...
checked cables and even changed a few... running switch check I get fewer satellites than previously detected error....suspect the sw44 switch is fubar.. anybody have suggestions? :confused:

Has it ever worked.?

First thing I would check/replace is the Power Inserter, or the connectors outdoors, looking for moisture and corrosion etc.

c/p from installer lonnie:

Typically when you only receive one polarity ( either odd or even #'s ) then you likely have no shield connection on the cable or connectors. A common mistake is not stripping the outer rubber covering off the cable end to expose the metal braid which has to contact the barrel of the connector. Half the transponders will work but since the receiver can't send a voltage down the cable to make it switch polarities you won't get the other half. Other problems might be old cracked shielding in the cable.

end c/p

Other problems including suggestions already posted above could be:

1) loose connection
2) water/corrosion in cable
3) bad LNB
4) bad power inserter
5) bad switch

Try replacing cables or bypass the switch and see what happens. If you bypass the switch you should run "check switch" on the receiver.

Thanks for the info...
I use a separate dish for 91 and 82...yes it did work quite well until I had to take it down for a deck rebuild...checked cables/ends...tried a different sw44 switch ....still only get even transponders...doubt that both lnb's could be fubar...do the power inserters break often?

do the power inserters break often?

I wouldn't say often, but yes from time to time they do. I have had them fail on me before. Have you tried connecting directly to see if you can get the odd transponders that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)